Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What's up guys, I've been laying low and not posting much lately as I've been just kinda doing what I want lately with training and diet, no cycles or anything to talk about much. But, the past week or 2 I've been kicking it into high gear without gear and I'm starting to feel sick all the time but no fever or covid or anything.

Been on trt and messing around with cjc dac so not completely off but I'm wondering and assuming I'm trying to do too much and paying for it.

I was doing my own modification of ppl getting about 4 sometimes 5 workouts a week with minimal cardio and everything was fine.

Now I'm doing as follows

Saturday-chest, side delts, triceps
Sunday-back, rear delts, biceps
Monday-45min high intensity boxing class, no rest between rounds. Rope, bags, drills non stop.

Tuesday-rest
Wednesday-1hour boxing technique and heavy bag work followed by whatever I can muster up for legs, yesterday was 5x5squats and 3x5 sldl but the weights were much less then I can typically handle as I was zapped from the boxing.
Thursday is a rest or arms day
Friday is a another 1hr boxing class.

I know trying to do legs after that class was stupid and trying to figure out how to mix the weights and boxing better.

My only goals are to look good and enjoy myself. That's pretty much it. I was gonna hop on cycle to try to get big for summer but I'm not giving up the boxing 3x a week.

Any suggestions?

Although I'm not looking to get on a big cycle I will mention I have pretty much unlimited test cyp, 2 vials of npp, 8mg cjc w/dac a bttl of mk677, injectable lgd, and some anadrol and superdrol.

The anadrol and sd I'm saving for summer once I'm already as lean as possible.

Any benefit to using maybe 500 test 300npp to keep up with the workouts or am I wasting it?

I feel like I already know what I should be doing but I'd like to hear other ppls opinion.

Currently 194lbs, not sure on bf% but my abs are completely visible, probably a few % lower then my avatar

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would look over your diet first, I’m sure that with more intense workouts you’re burning more than you eat and that’s why you feel tired/sluggish. You could raise your test to help but I’m not sure that would be optimal.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
hold the gear.. dial in the amount of total work.. boxing and heavy bag work is no joke. u are using one of the biggest muscle groups to throw those punches.. taxing the hell out of you. maybe do 2 days of weights per week but do a balanced whole body approach. I totally agree with the above sentiment as well.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Definitely feel a little sluggish, but after last nights boxing followed by some legs I actually was sick this morning, woke up, ate breakfast, went back to bed, got up again and threw up and now I'm just kinda blah feeling. No fever or anything, I actually feel like I have a hangover.

Diet has been as follows,
1. 2 scoops whey, 1cup dry oats, 1 cup of milk
2. Mixed greens salad, 5oz chicken breast, 3 baby carrots and a orange
3.pre workout, 1/4 cup mixed nuts, 5 dates, coffee
Intra workout contains 5gm creatine, 10gm glutamine and 10gm eaa, l-carnitine and cla
4. Is family dinner, usually 6-8oz beef or pork, a cup of rice or a baked potato or vegetables and I've been trying to add more carbs to this meal when it follows a boxing session.
5. Is either a shake with a piece of fruit or a grilled chicken wrap depending on how hungry I am.

Now this isint much more then I was eating prior to the boxing/extra cardio type stuff so I assume I should probably increase my carbs through the day and possibly add some intra workout carbs as well. I'm going to start there.

After a week if theres no change I'm going to take a step back on weight training. Hit the full body over the weekend. do the boxing monday Wednesday friday. I can probably eliminate actual shoulder and calves work as there taking a beating from the heavy bag and jumping rope.

How's that sound?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Definitely feel a little sluggish, but after last nights boxing followed by some legs I actually was sick this morning, woke up, ate breakfast, went back to bed, got up again and threw up and now I'm just kinda blah feeling. No fever or anything, I actually feel like I have a hangover.

Diet has been as follows,
1. 2 scoops whey, 1cup dry oats, 1 cup of milk
2. Mixed greens salad, 5oz chicken breast, 3 baby carrots and a orange
3.pre workout, 1/4 cup mixed nuts, 5 dates, coffee
Intra workout contains 5gm creatine, 10gm glutamine and 10gm eaa, l-carnitine and cla
4. Is family dinner, usually 6-8oz beef or pork, a cup of rice or a baked potato or vegetables and I've been trying to add more carbs to this meal when it follows a boxing session.
5. Is either a shake with a piece of fruit or a grilled chicken wrap depending on how hungry I am.

Now this isint much more then I was eating prior to the boxing/extra cardio type stuff so I assume I should probably increase my carbs through the day and possibly add some intra workout carbs as well. I'm going to start there.

After a week if theres no change I'm going to take a step back on weight training. Hit the full body over the weekend. do the boxing monday Wednesday friday. I can probably eliminate actual shoulder and calves work as there taking a beating from the heavy bag and jumping rope.

How's that sound?
I would add carbs to meal 2 and do carbs and protein for pre workout instead of nuts, example: mix your coffee with oats&protein powder for a pre workout shake.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I would add carbs to meal 2 and do carbs and protein for pre workout instead of nuts, example: mix your coffee with oats&protein powder for a pre workout shake.
The only reason I've been doing the nuts and dates pre workout is because the first day of the real boxing stuff I had chicken and white rice 1hr pre workout and I puked it up about 10min after the class. The nuts and dates is a very small portion and easy to keep down.

Then again i dove in on the boxing stuff way to fast so that could be why I puked, before the classes I was only doing very low intensity cardio and some occasional light sparing and heavy bag stuff 2min on 2min off. Theres a massive difference in intensity and I'm not handling it well yet. That's gonna take some time

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The only reason I've been doing the nuts and dates pre workout is because the first day of the real boxing stuff I had chicken and white rice 1hr pre workout and I puked it up about 10min after the class. The nuts and dates is a very small portion and easy to keep down.

Then again i dove in on the boxing stuff way to fast so that could be why I puked, before the classes I was only doing very low intensity cardio and some occasional light sparing and heavy bag stuff 2min on 2min off. Theres a massive difference in intensity and I'm not handling it well yet. That's gonna take some time
That much food might be hard to digest so fast for boxing (or any high intensity training), that’s why I like to do shakes with oats&protein (+berries/fruits) before boxing training/hard training, it’s easy to digest and give me fuel to go hard an hour later.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That much food might be hard to digest so fast for boxing (or any high intensity training), that’s why I like to do shakes with oats&protein (+berries/fruits) before boxing training/hard training, it’s easy to digest and give me fuel to go hard an hour later.
I feel like oats sit heavy with me, that's why I usually start the day with them, I can definitely do a shake with fruit pre workout. Do you run the oats through the blender and drink it in the shake or actually eat the oats

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Having more liquid meals in general might be a good approach, get a lot of stuff in through the day without feeling full, especially if I find I'm going to have to dramatically increase calories

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I feel like oats sit heavy with me, that's why I usually start the day with them, I can definitely do a shake with fruit pre workout. Do you run the oats through the blender and drink it in the shake or actually eat the oats
Yes, I blend the oats in a blender, otherwise they can sit heavy. I mix .5 cup oats with .5 cup frozen berries and a frozen banana with a scoop of protein, if I need more cals I add coconut oil, I add pre workout powder and whatever I feel I need. The shake is like a fruit smoothie and very tasty, I don’t feel heavy either even though it can be up to 500 cals depending on what I add. It’s something I look forward to.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I started boxing last year and to be honest I was staggered by how demanding sparring was. At the time I was able to run 10 miles at 8 min mile pace, done various HIIT sessions with guys playing semi pro rugby and lift decent weight but 5 x 3 min rounds body sparring destroyed me ...... so I’d say there’s definitely just an element of adjustment to that level of intensity to come bro.

I also agree with no having heavy food stuffs beforehand, that would be a no go for me.

I’ve not really found gear to be beneficial for that type of performance at all. I can imagine eq maybe (but I’ve not run it), epo for sure and gw if your ok with it, maybe epiandro pwo would give a bit extra and lose dose npp purely for recovery but that’s probably all I would consider tbh

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds like you may be missing your anabolic window. I always consume 20g protein + 25g carbs one hour pre-workout. I consume another 25g carbs intra-workout and 30g protein within an hour post-workout. What you are getting is called "gym flu" and it is a real thing. It is often caused by dehydration, but can be caused by poor nutrition as well. How are your electrolytes? Are you doing 2-3 bananas per day? Magnesium? Enough salt in your diet?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I started boxing last year and to be honest I was staggered by how demanding sparring was. At the time I was able to run 10 miles at 8 min mile pace, done various HIIT sessions with guys playing semi pro rugby and lift decent weight but 5 x 3 min rounds body sparring destroyed me ...... so I’d say there’s definitely just an element of adjustment to that level of intensity to come bro.

I also agree with no having heavy food stuffs beforehand, that would be a no go for me.

I’ve not really found gear to be beneficial for that type of performance at all. I can imagine eq maybe (but I’ve not run it), epo for sure and gw if your ok with it, maybe epiandro pwo would give a bit extra and lose dose npp purely for recovery but that’s probably all I would consider tbh
It's a different animal, growing up I was one of the top wrestlers in my state, I've had literally thousands of wrestling matches. Then I got into boxing for a few years and it was way more demanding, now it's been 15+ years since I had a fight or even trained boxing seriously and it's a nightmare so far lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The worst part is that its been so long and I'm 25+ lbs heavier, my combinations are off, punches feel awkward, my footwork is horrible and all those things make me exert way more energy then is neccessary

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sounds like you may be missing your anabolic window. I always consume 20g protein + 25g carbs one hour pre-workout. I consume another 25g carbs intra-workout and 30g protein within an hour post-workout. What you are getting is called "gym flu" and it is a real thing. It is often caused by dehydration, but can be caused by poor nutrition as well. How are your electrolytes? Are you doing 2-3 bananas per day? Magnesium? Enough salt in your diet?
I didn't mention it but on top of my shakes and coffees, every day I fill up a 1 gallon jug with water, i mix in 2 servings of a superfood product that has a mix of 42 fruits and vegetables with added vitamins and minerals, 1/4 cup lemon juice and a electrolytes powder. At bare minimum I'm getting 1.25 gallons of fluids daily.

I also salt all my meats when cooking

And I take a variety of vitamins, berberine, ubiquinol and nac

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds like you are doing everything right, bud. Might just be pushing yourself too hard. Hate to say that, but perhaps ease into the boxing a bit? I did boxing when I was younger and the training was brutal! I am not at all surprised that someone our age is getting destroyed by it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I consider what I'm doing easing into it lol, I hour class 3x week. Goes to show the difference between looking in shape and actually being in shape.

Maybe I'm just crying too much.

I'm taking everything everyone said into consideration and il report back in a week👍

prestoner

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I consider what I'm doing easing into it lol, I hour class 3x week. Goes to show the difference between looking in shape and actually being in shape.

Maybe I'm just crying too much.

I'm taking everything everyone said into consideration and il report back in a week
Do you feel like you got punched in the kidneys, or on any ai’s?
Sorry to chime in late but I’ve felt shitty for no reason before just checking cause crashed e2 is usually my problem.
Also a buddy of mine ended up in the hospital on dialysis when he came back to the gym. Kidneys failed him.
Feel better bro

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Do you feel like you got punched in the kidneys, or on any ai’s?
Sorry to chime in late but I’ve felt shitty for no reason before just checking cause crashed e2 is usually my problem.
Also a buddy of mine ended up in the hospital on dialysis when he came back to the gym. Kidneys failed him.
Feel better bro
No, its nothing like that. No ai, I actually try to keep my estrogen on the higher side. I do run slightly high bp year round since I was a kid low 130s/low 80s and for some reason even on gear that commonly will raise bp, my bp tends to stay the same. No known kidney issues. I really think it's a matter of not being in good enough shape cardio wise and overexertion. I'm also not a strong sleeper.

A higher energy/carb diet and getting my cardio up should fix the issue I would assume. But time will tell

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That sat/sun/Monday blast seems intense...
Could hit chest and back together on Saturday and rest/light cardio or a walk Sunday before that big boxing workout.

I dunno, just a suggestion is all

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That sat/sun/Monday blast seems intense...
Could hit chest and back together on Saturday and rest/light cardio or a walk Sunday before that big boxing workout.

I dunno, just a suggestion is all
If I find myself dragging asz in another week I will take that into consideration and break it up more

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Here's what I ate today and it's going to be the outline of my diet for the next week.

2 servings 6 star whey
80gm quick cook rolled oats
8oz 2%lactose free milk
Totals 82 pro, 81 carb, 16 fat, 820 calories

2 servings red lentil pasta
1/2 pouch of this red bean curry I like
6oz flank steak
Totals 78 pro, 84 carb, 34 fat, 974 calories

1 serving 6 star whey
5 dated
Totals 33 pro, 37 carb, 3 fat 300 calories

So at this point before my night boxing session I've already got in
193gm protein, 203gm carbs, 53gm fat. Total calories 2094.

Dinner every night will be 50-60gm protein and carbs will change depending on the workouts.

For the most part I'm looking at a average of 250 pro, 250 carb, 100 fat
Average calories is about 2900.

I think this is a bit low on carbs and total calories for what I'm doing but I want to do this for a week and see how I feel and how my weight changes and then I will make a new round of adjustments.

Also I'm having a greens and fruit product in my water and eaas and the other stuff intra workout and the first adjustment will be adding intra carbs on boxing days

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hit my macros for the day + I had 10extra gm eaas and a serving of gummy bears intra workout. Workout was hiit with jumping rope, heavy bag, burpee, situps, pushups and planks all rotating every min in random orders for 45min straight. Took a 15min cooldown and proceeded with side lateral/standing db curl superset 4x15 each, then single arm clean and press 4x3 superset with 4x15 hammer curls. Strength was obviously way down after all that cardio. All in all I dont feel too bad but definitely not in cardio shape still. Figure its gonna take about a month or so. Tomorrow going to do same macros but only weights, back and triceps is the plan.

Instead of worrying about a split I'm just going to train whatever feels good and make sure everything gets hit at least 1x per week. I need to focus on whipping my lungs in shape over muscle building right now.

I'm also hoping that in the long run, the extra endurance is going to help my train harder during weight training sessions leading to bigger gains when the time comes. Worst case scenario I shrink a little and have a nice set of abs for summer so it's a win one way or another

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm also hoping that in the long run, the extra endurance is going to help my train harder during weight training sessions leading to bigger gains when the time comes. Worst case scenario I shrink a little and have a nice set of abs for summer so it's a win one way or another
This is exactly what happened to me when I incorporated long runs + intervall sprinting to my weekly training. I used to be a pretty 'serious athlete' my whole life, but at some point I fell in love in lifting and didn't do anything else for a few years. I feel like adding running and other sports again elevated also my lifting to a new level and definitely my overall athletic performance.

Obviously can't focus on everything at once and with the boxing and hard cardio training you're doing your lifting will be set down to a bit lesser focus, but when switching up the focus/investing I'd expect great lifting sessions and gains to follow.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Absolutely, I started doing this original to give a buddy a sparing partner and to mix things up. Then I realized it's way too hard and if something is hard its probably going to be beneficial. Once I'm in shape for this I can fall back a little on the cardio and just do a maintenance amount and switch focus back to the weights.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So it's been almost 2 weeks and I've stuck to my macros with the exception of one night I woke up and had a extra 1200 calories from junk lol. During this time I've did 2 boxing sessions each week and 2 full body weight training sessions each week with no additional cardio outside my 10 min walk every day before breakfast and body weight stayed the same, so next week I'm doing 3 boxing classes and going to do a pull/push/legs and add intra workout carbs on all training days giving me a additional 300 calories.

Cardio is getting a little easier, but my joints in my shoulders and knees ain't feeling great. "Its not solely from the boxing, old injuries that come and go". I was lifting heavy for the weights which isint helping so that's why I'm switching to ppl. 2-3 exercises for each body part, 2 sets to failure but nothing below 10 reps, I'm actually gonna go 20-30 reps for legs and shoulders to get more blood in there and hopefully knock out the pains as I fine it helps.

Yesterday I benched 245 for 8 paused reps and squatted 315 for 8 paused , the reason I'm bringing this up is because in the end of april last year I hit a my all time pr on bench for reps 245x17 and squatted 375 for 8.

So that's discouraging. But I was also 29lbs heavier then and on a cycle.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also, any1 wanna take a guess at my bf%. I think once I get rid of that last lower ab fat I'm gonna hop on a cycle for summer.

This morning apon waking 195.7lbs
I'm 5'9

Attachments

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Also, any1 wanna take a guess at my bf%. I think once I get rid of that last lower ab fat I'm gonna hop on a cycle for summer.

I'm 5'9
I'm allways pretty bad at guessing/estimating peoples (or my own) bf%, but I'll just play along and throw in 15%

🤷‍♂️

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm allways pretty bad at guessing/estimating peoples (or my own) bf%, but I'll just play along and throw in 15%

🤷‍♂️
I assumed 14-15% I have a hard time telling because my shoulders will have cuts, almost no fat on my quads and il have veins popping out my forearms and neck but at the same time il have a decent amount fat on my lower abs, love handles and ass lol. It's like 1 bodypart is 8% while another is 20%

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I assumed 14-15% I have a hard time telling because my shoulders will have cuts, almost no fat on my quads and il have veins popping out my forearms and neck but at the same time il have a decent amount fat on my lower abs, love handles and ass lol. It's like 1 bodypart is 8% while another is 20%
I have it the exact same. And a funny thing is that the higher my weight is, the better my arms and especially forearms look. Like when I was the fattest I've been, I had a pretty decent gut, no abs visible even when flexing under a good light, but I still had lean forearms and semi lean arms. I could just add 10 lbs of pure fat and people would think I've done some solid arm workouts, lol.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I'm 5'9
Looks good, night and day from the other photos you posted awhile back, good job! I would guess around 14%.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Looks good, night and day from the other photos you posted awhile back, good job! I would guess around 14%.
Thanks, I've been all over the place for the past 2 years, I'm fat and strong around 220 or lean and weak at 189. I'm trying to find a happy medium and be the best I can around 200lbs. Getting big is out the cards I think. I have too many reoccurring injuries when I try to bulk up I get fat or injured

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
But I'm hoping that being this shape now at 195, a little cycle could put me pretty solid around 200-205 when the time comes

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Would need to see hips and ass really 😜

but assuming you don’t hold all your fat there then I think somewhere around 14% is spot on

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Would need to see hips and ass really 😜

but assuming you don’t hold all your fat there then I think somewhere around 14% is spot on
Il take a side pic with my hamstring and some cheek when I get home lol that's where I hold the most fat I think. Just dont send me any private requests after

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have it the exact same. And a funny thing is that the higher my weight is, the better my arms and especially forearms look. Like when I was the fattest I've been, I had a pretty decent gut, no abs visible even when flexing under a good light, but I still had lean forearms and semi lean arms. I could just add 10 lbs of pure fat and people would think I've done some solid arm workouts, lol.
Ya same, when I was 220-223 I looked awsome with a tank top on, arms were big and veiny, shoulders nice and full, then I take off my tank top and a massive gut falls out lol

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks, I've been all over the place for the past 2 years, I'm fat and strong around 220 or lean and weak at 189. I'm trying to find a happy medium and be the best I can around 200lbs. Getting big is out the cards I think. I have too many reoccurring injuries when I try to bulk up I get fat or injured
It’s not worth it if you have sacrifice you’re well being to be something your not built to be. You look great now and it seems like you feel good as well, build from there. Plus it seems like you enjoying boxing and lifting more than just lifting.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It’s not worth it if you have sacrifice you’re well being to be something your not built to be. You look great now and it seems like you feel good as well, build from there. Plus it seems like you enjoying boxing and lifting more than just lifting.
I do, I feel disappointed not lifting as much but I feel good going to the boxing gym and it's a fair trade off for me. Now I just need to figure out how much of both I can do without being counterproductive

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I took like 5 days off maybe 6, Saturday I started feeling crappy, sore throat, stuffy nose, stomach problems and my bp spiked to 145/93 at one point, no fever or loss of smell or taste but I did almost completely loose my appetite. 2 meals a day and no gym and gained 3lbs somehow lol. Anyway, started feeling a little better today, bp is down to 135/83 which ain't great but heading in the right direction. Gym performance was terrible today. Did chest, shoulder and triceps for sets of 15-25 reps just trying to break a sweat and basically had to cut 1 or 2 sets off every exercise because I was so drained.

This isint really a log but I wanted to make note of it and I'm thinking about starting a log as soon as I'm feeling back to 100%. The log would be me seeing how much I can push it between weights and boxing. Basically finding my limits and tracking progress. Any1 intrested in that? Once I find my absolute limit to where recovery is compromised I'd probably start a cycle and see how much I can push from there.

Also picked up 3 bttls of desoxy t acetate 100mg/ml because they were cheap. No plans for it yet as I know little about it so if anyone has first hand experience let me know. I've already done all the reading available. Now looking for ppl who used it

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'd be checking in. Might start to miss training bjj/sub wrestling though, lol. I left it cause' it took away so much from my lifting basically, but was very much fun and usefull in it's own right for athletic performance.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'd be checking in 👍 Hopefully won't start to miss training bjj/sub wrestling too much, lol. I left it cause' it took away so much from my lifting basically.
I'd be checking in. Might start to miss training bjj/sub wrestling though, lol. I left it cause' it took away so much from my lifting basically, but was very much fun and usefull in it's own right for athletic performance.
Ya know, that's why I stepped away from it in the past. But once I realized I dont have the dedication that bodybuilding needs to put on massive amounts of muscle, I decided to get back to things I use to enjoy. The point of the log would be to track things, post some progress numbers and pictures so I can be judged by someone else eyes and to hold myself accountable for doing what I'm supposed to be doing. I'd rather have someone truthfully tell me I'm looking small or not in shape or not making progress then having a bunch of ppl that dont work out tell me I look great

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ya know, that's why I stepped away from it in the past. But once I realized I dont have the dedication that bodybuilding needs to put on massive amounts of muscle, I decided to get back to things I use to enjoy. The point of the log would be to track things, post some progress numbers and pictures so I can be judged by someone else eyes and to hold myself accountable for doing what I'm supposed to be doing. I'd rather have someone truthfully tell me I'm looking small or not in shape or not making progress then having a bunch of ppl that dont work out tell me I look great
You know I've been having the same kind of thoughts the last year or so. Would be cool to give competing in bjj a change while my limps might still be able to withstand it. I mean I was allways pretty good in the practice room, even though I say so myself. Or get back to playing basketball which I played semi seriously for 10 years. That would be easier as I could just go to practice twice a week with no aspirations of improving on it. It would just replace most of my cardio. BJJ and lifting are the kind of sports that I have to progress in, otherwise it's not fun. (Now if maintaining muscle or strength is the goal, then keeping them is the progress, I might add). But I have some plans regarding lifting I want to still try out, so not gonna step down any notches just yet. Also might be too addicted to settle down at all for a long time = )

Anyway, yeah I'll be there spewing insults, if that's what's wanted, lol.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You know I've been having the same kind of thoughts the last year or so. Would be cool to give competing in bjj a change while my limps might still be able to withstand it. I mean I was allways pretty good in the practice room, even though I say so myself. Or get back to playing basketball which I played semi seriously for 10 years. That woule be easier as I could just go to practice twice a week with no aspirations of improving on it. It would just replace most of my cardio. BJJ and lifting are the kind of sports that I have to progress in, otherwise it's not fun. (Now if maintaining muscle or strength is the goal, then keeping them is the progress, I might add). But I have some plans regarding lifting I want to still try out, so not gonna step down any notches just yet. Also might be too addicted to settle down at all for a long time = )

Anyway, yeah I'll be there spewing insults, if that's what's wanted, lol.
Before I dive in completely on this I'm going to go get a check up and get my shoulder looked at, bloodwork and whatever else I can think of. Shoulder is the main concern cus if my rotator cuff is finally at its end that will put all this on hault for 3-6months.
Then I'd completely switch gears and make a cripples leg training log instead lol