Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Alternatives to sleep?

Toff

Well-known member
I know, sounds funny but I get my arse kicked when im on call for IT work, literally the phone rings all night, i get no sleep

Can anyone advise a therapy / supp that helps for when I DO get sleep?

My first thoughts l-dopa as it gets you into rem fast, anything elsE?
cant be drowsey as i need to work

other option - get a new job!!
 
Some forms of meditation have shown in studies to have the same effect as 2x the time spent sleeping. Be live it was some form of transcendental meditation but could be mistaken.
 
I use this often. Meditation is one of the most powerful non supplements.

Don't we do this prior to each set rep?

Breathing.
Focus.
Detachment.
Execution.
 
If you're only dosing sporadically phenibut is great to just knock you out. Small dose is all that's needed. I'd look into some stress relief supps as well: rhodiola and ashwaghanda are two great ones.
 
huperzine A 50mcg before bed. But don't take that every day, it has some sides (thou not too bad at that dose, mostly might induce cramps if taken every day). Increases time in REM sleep.
 
I have a great deal of experience with sleep and the lack of it.

A little background. I stayed awake for two weeks and six days once.

Very little food and water. Almost ended my story. A yea of recovery. I did research on sleep during this time. I learned how to manage my dreams.

R.E.M. Sleep is when we dream the most.

I would suggest as was also suggested but more specifically Talk Therapy. You need to hash out what is causing you to have horrible dreams.

Me? I embrace all of them. Sometimes it takes me a while to realize reality from the dream just after but remembering helps to find answers.

You do not want to sleep and not dream. It is less healthy.

Something that used to help me. Watching sports, or documentaries at bedtime. Very relaxing.
 
Back
Top