Alpha Men - Multivitamin

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, I go fine without a multivitamin. I mean, I don't feel a day and night difference when on or off one, but with the importance of healthy foods for vitamins and minerals, I decided to go with a multivitamin supp I haven't tried yet, since I'm on a very strict cut, sometimes eating close to zero carbs.

What do you guys think of the ingredient profile?

What makes this good or bad? It certainly smells horrible. When taking this, I also take in Omega-3s. Usually I take this after or before a meal, and not post workout. When I feel my CNS is all amped up and need a break, from hard workouts day in and out / from strict dieting, I take in some ZMA at night just to get those electrolyte levels nice and high again.

Any thoughts/comments are welcome!

PS: I also go with this protein. Is it better than it's competition? It is very expensive.
Screenshot_20190227-145343__01.jpeg
IMG_20190227_145057.jpeg
IMG-8b855f6beceb96a2eec7adcc77c6e923-V.jpeg

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I’m not able to help here but I wonder the same about a lot of Myprotein suppS. They have such good prices, I get a lot of basics from them

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like that they put enzymes in it but if you want a multivitamin just buy a multivitamin. If you want a test booster/ proformance enhancer (which sounds like what they r trying to promote with the name alpha man) then buy one of those. When supplements try to do multiple things they end up with a ****ty mix with not enough of either thing they are trying to combine. The doses get low, the pills get bigger and you have to take more of them. You’d get better results by getting multiple supplements that each have suffeint doses of the compounds that make them up

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like vitamin shopp. I used to work at that place and Gnc. I always recommended stacks instead of products that claim to do it all

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gold standards a good standard protein. Sells like crazy

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Honestly dosing aside I wouldn’t take that multi as it doesn’t even disclose the source of those vitamins and minerals (so I’d just assume they are the cheapest and least bio available). You’d be better off with probably something else....

And wait are you serious saying optimum is expensive? Either you are paying too much or idk. I prefer blends (casein/whey like PEScience Select and Olympus Labs Superior Protein). Even if you want a straight whey you can probably find something well priced that tastes better.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly dosing aside I wouldn’t take that multi as it doesn’t even disclose the source of those vitamins and minerals (so I’d just assume they are the cheapest and least bio available). You’d be better off with probably something else....

And wait are you serious saying optimum is expensive? Either you are paying too much or idk. I prefer blends (casein/whey like PEScience Select and Olympus Labs Superior Protein). Even if you want a straight whey you can probably find something well priced that tastes better.
It is like $20 a pound of the protein here in Sweden..

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

They do list the sources, just check their website.

Interesting, they do not list everything on the US website

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rip it’s the good priced one in America

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, I go fine without a multivitamin. I mean, I don't feel a day and night difference when on or off one, but with the importance of healthy foods for vitamins and minerals, I decided to go with a multivitamin supp I haven't tried yet, since I'm on a very strict cut, sometimes eating close to zero carbs.

What do you guys think of the ingredient profile?

What makes this good or bad? It certainly smells horrible. When taking this, I also take in Omega-3s. Usually I take this after or before a meal, and not post workout. When I feel my CNS is all amped up and need a break, from hard workouts day in and out / from strict dieting, I take in some ZMA at night just to get those electrolyte levels nice and high again.

Any thoughts/comments are welcome!

PS: I also go with this protein. Is it better than it's competition? It is very expensive. View attachment 180033View attachment 180034View attachment 180035
I hope it's cheap.
The extras at the end are all really low dose.
B vitamins too high.
More expensive vitamins are dosed lower. Probably uses cheaper versions too.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hope it's cheap.
The extras at the end are all really low dose.
B vitamins too high.
More expensive vitamins are dosed lower. Probably uses cheaper versions too.
It is supercheap like almost everything else on their website. Their full ingredient profile (you have to peel the label) does not look too bad.

Personally I use Lifeextension Two caps per day.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gold standards a good standard protein. Sells like crazy
Agreed. Price per servings/gram of protein it's hard to beat ON Gold Standard.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't recognize the first unit measurement like vit A. There's usually in IU's

I too also thought this was myprotein multi at first as they have something called Alpha Man.

I prefer powdered capsules like Millennium Sports MVP-365 and ZMK. You can see the powder through the capsules and these are superior to a tablet multivitamin. I take in eight powdered pills per day. Do you think that taking one of two hard capsules is as good as taking a bunch of powdered capsules? I do not.

Will they work? Probably like other tablet multivitamins. Most help some. I would like to make sure im getting the best. For sure you'd have to find third party testing .

As far as protein ON is good stuff, been around a long time.

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't recognize the first unit measurement like vit A. There's usually in IU's

I too also thought this was myprotein multi at first as they have something called Alpha Man.

I prefer powdered capsules like Millennium Sports MVP-365 and ZMK. You can see the powder through the capsules and these are superior to a tablet multivitamin. I take in eight powdered pills per day. Do you think that taking one of two hard capsules is as good as taking a bunch of powdered capsules? I do not.

Will they work? Probably like other tablet multivitamins. Most help some. I would like to make sure im getting the best. For sure you'd have to find third party testing .

As far as protein ON is good stuff, been around a long time.
That measurement is ‘micrograms’

MyVitamins and MyProtein are, for all intent & purpose, the same company