Alpha GPC vs Citicoline for preworkout

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive seen both used in preworkouts. Id like to hear on your preference. To my knowledge, only AGPC has a study on strength improvement. Does Citicoline provide better focus? What’s your dosage on both?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Honestly I’d just say try both and see which one you feel better taking.

I probably lean towards alpha gpc pre due to bias from seeing studies on power improvement, but any choline source pre workout that helps improve your ability to focus on the task at hand should help with better workouts imho.

300-600mg for alpha gpc
250-500mg citicoline
Are my usual recommendations for those two (individually), but I’d also just keep in mind more isn’t always better and when combined with other nootropics/caffeine dosage may be different as well.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Honestly I’d just say try both and see which one you feel better taking.

I probably lean towards alpha gpc pre due to bias from seeing studies on power improvement, but any choline source pre workout that helps improve your ability to focus on the task at hand should help with better workouts imho.

300-600mg for alpha gpc
250-500mg citicoline
Are my usual recommendations for those two (individually), but I’d also just keep in mind more isn’t always better and when combined with other nootropics/caffeine dosage may be different as well.
Great post and I agree.

This isn't a case where one is necessarily better than the other, its which one works better for the individual.

I don't really factor in the study on Alpha GPC for strength because I don't think that either is going to increase strength to a noticeable degree, but as you pointed out, the main reason for using them pre-workout would be to focus on the workout.

Also, I can't emphasize enough how much I agree with the statement that more is not always better with these two.