Alpha-7 and TRT

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
I'm on TRT. After ~6 weeks I was at 968 (on a single 50mg. pack of Androgel). I started using Alpha-7, after another ~6 weeks I was at 1187! I had been using Alpha-7 (only for a short time before the blood draw) and decided to stop it ~4 days before the blood draw. My DHT levels were OFF THE CHART! I'm talking 4 X top level!

My questions are:

1) Could the Alpha 7 have cause a false high reading on my Test? 1187 seems extraordinary for a single 50gm. pack of Androgel.

2) Could the Alpha 7 have caused the extraordinarily high DHT levels?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated, as I meet with my TRT doc on Monday, the 21st. I know he'll likely geek out over the Test levels, and I'm sure he'll geek over the DHT levels. I need to know what to tell him about the likely effects of the Alpha 7.

Thanks,

Crowbar

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would say it is possible to raise them. I’m not an expert in any way, but I could see in conjunction it being possible. I would mention either way.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm on TRT. After ~6 weeks I was at 968 (on a single 50mg. pack of Androgel). I started using Alpha-7, after another ~6 weeks I was at 1187! I had been using Alpha-7 (only for a short time before the blood draw) and decided to stop it ~4 days before the blood draw. My DHT levels were OFF THE CHART! I'm talking 4 X top level!

My questions are:

1) Could the Alpha 7 have cause a false high reading on my Test? 1187 seems extraordinary for a single 50gm. pack of Androgel.

2) Could the Alpha 7 have caused the extraordinarily high DHT levels?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated, as I meet with my TRT doc on Monday, the 21st. I know he'll likely geek out over the Test levels, and I'm sure he'll geek over the DHT levels. I need to know what to tell him about the likely effects of the Alpha 7.

Thanks,

Crowbar
i stop even test booster at least a week before blood draw....just my rule of thumb after having crazy high test level while on 4-andro cycle, lesson learned.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Part of the reason for this is likely because androsterone does not rely on 5a-reductase to create dht...offering an alternative conversion path that doesn't compete with the conversion of existing testosterone to DHT.