Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hi
Any new on the ergonine
Unfortunately, not really. We have everything done on our end, we are just waiting on finished product production. Production times in this industry suck right now for flavored powders. We are also working on getting new flavor samples from a different contract manufacturer that has better lead times, but everything with flavored powders right now is just a pain. That's why I don't like giving even guesstimate ETA's right now because there are just so many parts of it out of our control.

I will definitely say that I'm looking forward to it more than anyone because I'm the one that has a lot of money tied up in it haha.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We hope to have the product out in the next couple months. Covid delayed a lot of things.
We probably won't release the name until around 2 weeks before its out.

Our product will have ALOT more in it than the Peak & Power product and sell for quite a bit less.

It's always hard to give ETA's on first runs for any flavored powder product. But I would say hopefully best case by end of Feb; hopeful worst case by end of March.
Worst case was end of March... What’s August classed as?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Worst case was end of March... What’s August classed as?
It's classed as the reason I'm done giving ETA's on anything on here anymore. :)

I'm not sure if you're joking or if you're trying to give me a hard time?

The best I can do is the best I can do. I've detailed what's went on with this product several times and in the post above yours provided the best update that I can. The original contract manufacturer that we had the flavors correct with changed their lead times to be completely unreasonable so we started working with a new one trying to get flavor samples right. We got a few right and then a few we had to take a lot of different tries at to get right. And with something that is to be used daily, I think flavors being perfect is extremely important. The flavor samples are completed, but the particular cm hasn't been hitting the ETA's that they promised for us on flavored powders in general so we are also working on getting flavor samples done at another place that the lead time should be a lot better but the flavor sample process is a lot slower.

I'm pretty much damned if I do, damned if I don't on here now days. On one hand, I have people ask me to give more info about upcoming projects but on the other hand get people giving me a hard time about things when they don't come out when we hope/think they will. In this industry, even pre-Covid, nothing ever happened when it was supposed to (as pretty much any company owner can attest to); but now during/after Covid, contract manufacturers are backed up more than ever, some branded ingredient companies are out of their own branded ingredients, there is a bottle shortage, etc.

I do the best I can do. I don't like giving ETA's but when asked, I'd give them - and they were the best guess I could make at the time &/or were based off information contract manufacturers gave to me. Sometimes it seems like people think that product delays are on purpose - I'm the one that has money tied up in raw materials, labels, etc. so I want them to be released more than anyone. I'm just not willing to cut corners like some companies to make that happen.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If most people knew how bad the supply chain is right now they would understand.
Some companies can't even produce some of the products and ideas they had till 2022 due to raw materials and supplies.
Its pretty damn ugly right now, and we won't see it better till mid-2022 if not later, unfortunately.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If most people knew how bad the supply chain is right now they would understand.
Some companies can't even produce some of the products and ideas they had till 2022 due to raw materials and supplies.
Its pretty damn ugly right now, and we won't see it better till mid-2022 if not later, unfortunately.
Absolutely agree.

I know many contract manufacturers that their lead times for flavored powders is 24 weeks or longer. And I know several company owners that like you said in your post, have just completely abandoned the idea of new products coming out this year, especially flavored powders.

I think we've done pretty well this year getting out 16 or 17 new products and having that many or more planned by the end of the year. We just have to make sure to keep existing good sellers in stock at the same time which sometimes bumps back new releases.

As for flavored powders, including the daily use ergogenic, we do have a lot that we want to get released this year but we can only do what production allows for. A lot of people don't realize how difficult this process is. For example, we got the flavors right with one contract manufacturer. Then their lead times became 6+ months so we went to another cm and got the flavors good but it took forever to get them right but they had promised better lead times. Well, by the time the samples were done, their lead times sucked too. So now, we have it in production with them and also are working with another cm to get flavor samples done with them. All of this requires time and money and that's why it bothers me when people take jabs about it because I've worked 70+ hours literally every single week since December and have worked my ass off and have a LOT of money tied up in these projects in terms of labels and raw materials - the delays definitely frustrate me more than anyone. Here's a great example - we use shrink sleeve labels for powders and those are not only expensive but you have to order a lot of them at a time - at this current time I'm not exaggerating when I say that I have over 30k tied up in shrink sleeve labels for products that haven't came out yet, so I promise that no one wants these to come out worse than me haha.

Last edited:
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
well said bro .. no company should be getting back lashes for "not keeping stuff in stock or getting stuff out in time"

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You know, I didn't realize how much work and money supp companies invest in their products and all the challenges and difficulties they face. SNS8778, we got your back buddy. (y)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You know, I didn't realize how much work and money supp companies invest in their products and all the challenges and difficulties they face. SNS8778, we got your back buddy. (y)
One of the reasons that many company owners (including myself) get frustrated at some other companies for not doing things the right way (not following GMP's) is that there is a huge difference in time requirements and financial requirements in doing things the right way versus not.

I really do appreciate your post and pointing that out about not knowing the time, money, and difficulties that some of us face. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I have worked over 70 hours a week every week since December. I've taken 2 days off the entire year - my daughters birthday party and another day to take her somewhere special. I literally didn't have time to take my Christmas tree down until late June haha. There's another company owner that can feel free to post if he sees this - but we sometimes text back and forth during the UFC's on Saturday nights and he can attest that there's many nights I record them and don't even get started watching them until after midnight. There's also been times where he can attest that we've texted up until he went to sleep and he'd reply when he would wake up and I was still up working (and I'm 3 hours ahead of him haha).

And don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining - so many companies went out of business due to Covid, I'm thankful we're still in business and I love helping people; and we have so many cool projects that are in the works, but it takes a tremendous amount of time - sourcing raw materials, product label text, write ups, etc.

When I give ETA's on products, I give them with the best information that I have at the time. Unfortunately, things happen. I like communicating with people, but not when it involves people taking shots at me over things when ETA's go wrong like its some type of joke because to me, its not a joke, its my livelihood. I have so many hours and so much money tied up in these things that no one wants them to come out more than me. I enjoy formulation and design and love helping people, but as a single dad, I'd much rather be taking my daughter to the beach or something like that than working 12 hour days every day and have people taking shots at me over ETA's not being correct when they're 100% beyond my control. (And I'm not talking about AndroRage, he may have been joking; I'm talking about that in general because its happened several times on here with different people lately).

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One of the reasons that many company owners (including myself) get frustrated at some other companies for not doing things the right way (not following GMP's) is that there is a huge difference in time requirements and financial requirements in doing things the right way versus not.

I really do appreciate your post and pointing that out about not knowing the time, money, and difficulties that some of us face. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I have worked over 70 hours a week every week since December. I've taken 2 days off the entire year - my daughters birthday party and another day to take her somewhere special. I literally didn't have time to take my Christmas tree down until late June haha. There's another company owner that can feel free to post if he sees this - but we sometimes text back and forth during the UFC's on Saturday nights and he can attest that there's many nights I record them and don't even get started watching them until after midnight. There's also been times where he can attest that we've texted up until he went to sleep and he'd reply when he would wake up and I was still up working (and I'm 3 hours ahead of him haha).

And don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining - so many companies went out of business due to Covid, I'm thankful we're still in business and I love helping people; and we have so many cool projects that are in the works, but it takes a tremendous amount of time - sourcing raw materials, product label text, write ups, etc.

When I give ETA's on products, I give them with the best information that I have at the time. Unfortunately, things happen. I like communicating with people, but not when it involves people taking shots at me over things when ETA's go wrong like its some type of joke because to me, its not a joke, its my livelihood. I have so many hours and so much money tied up in these things that no one wants them to come out more than me. I enjoy formulation and design and love helping people, but as a single dad, I'd much rather be taking my daughter to the beach or something like that than working 12 hour days every day and have people taking shots at me over ETA's not being correct when they're 100% beyond my control. (And I'm not talking about AndroRage, he may have been joking; I'm talking about that in general because its happened several times on here with different people lately).
I, for one, really appreciate all the transparency bro. It's very rare for supp companies to have this personal connection with us consumers and that's why I really respect SNS as a company and for its quality products.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Absolutely agree.

I know many contract manufacturers that their lead times for flavored powders is 24 weeks or longer. And I know several company owners that like you said in your post, have just completely abandoned the idea of new products coming out this year, especially flavored powders.

I think we've done pretty well this year getting out 16 or 17 new products and having that many or more planned by the end of the year. We just have to make sure to keep existing good sellers in stock at the same time which sometimes bumps back new releases.

As for flavored powders, including the daily use ergogenic, we do have a lot that we want to get released this year but we can only do what production allows for. A lot of people don't realize how difficult this process is. For example, we got the flavors right with one contract manufacturer. Then their lead times became 6+ months so we went to another cm and got the flavors good but it took forever to get them right but they had promised better lead times. Well, by the time the samples were done, their lead times sucked too. So now, we have it in production with them and also are working with another cm to get flavor samples done with them. All of this requires time and money and that's why it bothers me when people take jabs about it because I've worked 70+ hours literally every single week since December and have worked my ass off and have a LOT of money tied up in these projects in terms of labels and raw materials - the delays definitely frustrate me more than anyone. Here's a great example - we use shrink sleeve labels for powders and those are not only expensive but you have to order a lot of them at a time - at this current time I'm not exaggerating when I say that I have over 30k tied up in shrink sleeve labels for products that haven't came out yet, so I promise that no one wants these to come out worse than me haha.
It's classed as the reason I'm done giving ETA's on anything on here anymore. :)

I'm not sure if you're joking or if you're trying to give me a hard time?

The best I can do is the best I can do. I've detailed what's went on with this product several times and in the post above yours provided the best update that I can. The original contract manufacturer that we had the flavors correct with changed their lead times to be completely unreasonable so we started working with a new one trying to get flavor samples right. We got a few right and then a few we had to take a lot of different tries at to get right. And with something that is to be used daily, I think flavors being perfect is extremely important. The flavor samples are completed, but the particular cm hasn't been hitting the ETA's that they promised for us on flavored powders in general so we are also working on getting flavor samples done at another place that the lead time should be a lot better but the flavor sample process is a lot slower.

I'm pretty much damned if I do, damned if I don't on here now days. On one hand, I have people ask me to give more info about upcoming projects but on the other hand get people giving me a hard time about things when they don't come out when we hope/think they will. In this industry, even pre-Covid, nothing ever happened when it was supposed to (as pretty much any company owner can attest to); but now during/after Covid, contract manufacturers are backed up more than ever, some branded ingredient companies are out of their own branded ingredients, there is a bottle shortage, etc.

I do the best I can do. I don't like giving ETA's but when asked, I'd give them - and they were the best guess I could make at the time &/or were based off information contract manufacturers gave to me. Sometimes it seems like people think that product delays are on purpose - I'm the one that has money tied up in raw materials, labels, etc. so I want them to be released more than anyone. I'm just not willing to cut corners like some companies to make that happen.
Bro, relax... I was kinda joking and didn’t think you would react like that. It’s hard to convey tone via txt, next time I’ll put an emoji. Actually I know a bit about this industry (UK) and imagine it’s as bad or worse stateside. Apologies I don’t want you to be too concerned. I’ve waited almost 20 years for a new matrix movie, I can wait a few more month(s) for this formula and finished product. Take it easy Brother,

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bro, relax... I was kinda joking and didn’t think you would react like that. It’s hard to convey tone via txt, next time I’ll put an emoji. Actually I know a bit about this industry (UK) and imagine it’s as bad or worse stateside. Apologies I don’t want you to be too concerned. I’ve waited almost 20 years for a new matrix movie, I can wait a few more month(s) for this formula and finished product. Take it easy Brother,
I didn't know how to take your post and that's why I had asked in my first post and also stated in my other reply that I wasn't talking about you specifically bc I thought you may have just been joking.

And I figured that you may not have known that there have been some other comments made lately that weren't joking, mostly conveniently from accounts with just a few posts - to where I've pretty much stopped giving ETA's again on things bc I'm tired of getting nit picked over them. We used to just surprise everyone with releases and people liked that but would always say how we didn't promote enough, which is true. So I had started doing that but even though we have released 17 new products this year ppl have still had some not nice things to say about some things not coming out on time.

I do know that some companies seem to intentionally tease products for long periods but I really never tease stuff as much as I just trying to communicate and discuss things. And anytime I ever give an ETA, its the best info I can give at the time. But sometimes things just happen; and I always try to be super transparent about what is going on.

Honestly, flavored powders are driving me nuts now and have all year. Our cm that used to do them, their lead time went to hell. We spent months getting things flavored matched at a new cm, and then their lead times went to hell. Now I'm going to flavor sampling with another place, and its a great situation when it gets going bc shouldn't have to worry about the lead times again but just the flavor matching process or in the case of new products, the flavor process in general takes awhile; especially one some things we use that are hard to flavor to begin with.

I do appreciate your post. And I wasn't upset at you at all; I thought you were joking, but just wasn't sure. And sometimes when stuff like that gets posted, it makes me feel like I'm letting people down when I really do try my best never to.