Alcohol and test injections.

Ase_james

Awards
I know there are study's showing a negative effect of test production dropping with moderate consumption of alcohol. But it's all about the secretion of natural testosterone production.

Has anyone found anything specific to hrt?
I'm not a huge drinker, a couple a week.
But I do like to get out and blow off some steam here and there.
And I'm frustrated not finding any info on the subject .

I personally haven't noticed a difference besides hydration, which is an easy fix with a little Pedialyte and water...

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anything that acts as a suppressant to natural testosterone production isn’t going to affect your testosterone levels on TRT, if that’s what you’re asking. Your testosterone levels on TRT aren’t natural. You can’t suppress a synthetic hormone.

Ase_james

Awards
Anything that acts as a suppressant to natural testosterone production isn’t going to affect your testosterone levels on TRT, if that’s what you’re asking. Your testosterone levels on TRT aren’t natural. You can’t suppress a synthetic hormone.
This is exactly what I'm thinking, but can't find any information to prove it. I suppose nobody really thinks about it.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is exactly what I'm thinking, but can't find any information to prove it. I suppose nobody really thinks about it.
I do know that consumption of too much alcohol and I think beer in particular can raise estrogen levels though. That would be a temporary thing after a night of heavy drinking though (if that’s something you do every now and then) and would normalize.

I guess it’s possible that alcohol could affect the conversion of testosterone to other hormones, but it shouldn’t affect your total testosterone on TRT very much. When you take that shot of testosterone, it’s there. There’s no conversion of anything into testosterone - it immediately becomes testosterone. Where it goes from there is the only factor.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much man. If you’re not drinking large amounts often it’s not going to be an issue.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do know that consumption of too much alcohol and I think beer in particular can raise estrogen levels though. That would be a temporary thing after a night of heavy drinking though (if that’s something you do every now and then) and would normalize.

I guess it’s possible that alcohol could affect the conversion of testosterone to other hormones, but it shouldn’t affect your total testosterone on TRT very much. When you take that shot of testosterone, it’s there. There’s no conversion of anything into testosterone - it immediately becomes testosterone. Where it goes from there is the only factor.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much man. If you’re not drinking large amounts often it’s not going to be an issue.
This is all true. The only issue to really keep in mind is the conversion to e2 as it will happen. Low amounts of alcohol usually aren't an issue, but even then I notice I will get a slight "moon face" and some bloat for a couple days after having drinks. It goes away fast, but it is much more noticeable on TRT.

Ase_james

Awards
This is all true. The only issue to really keep in mind is the conversion to e2 as it will happen. Low amounts of alcohol usually aren't an issue, but even then I notice I will get a slight "moon face" and some bloat for a couple days after having drinks. It goes away fast, but it is much more noticeable on TRT.
Hmm, I have noticed less bloat after drinking on then I did off.
Interesting though...

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know there are study's showing a negative effect of test production dropping with moderate consumption of alcohol. But it's all about the secretion of natural testosterone production.

Has anyone found anything specific to hrt?
I'm not a huge drinker, a couple a week.
But I do like to get out and blow off some steam here and there.
And I'm frustrated not finding any info on the subject .

I personally haven't noticed a difference besides hydration, which is an easy fix with a little Pedialyte and water...
Nope. I’m curious to see the study too because even if you’re minimizing your use, it still probably wouldn’t be what the study considers to be “moderate”. I promise, really heavy kratom use would lower it even more, yet my test on only 200mg/test a week is 1180.

2 questions:
-Can you go 2 weeks without drinking at all? Just to say you did it?
-Does alcohol cause any problems at all in your life? Relationships, legal, altercations, finances, etc?

If the answer is yes/no, I suggest you drink more.

Ase_james

Awards
Nope. I’m curious to see the study too because even if you’re minimizing your use, it still probably wouldn’t be what the study considers to be “moderate”. I promise, really heavy kratom use would lower it even more, yet my test on only 200mg/test a week is 1180.

2 questions:
-Can you go 2 weeks without drinking at all? Just to say you did it?
-Does alcohol cause any problems at all in your life? Relationships, legal, altercations, finances, etc?

If the answer is yes/no, I suggest you drink more.
Lol. I go a couple weeks without drinking all the time...
But yes, "moderate consumption" is relative, I'm sure. Being in the 210-220 range with little fat as compared to most people. It takes a few just to kick in...

I really haven't noticed it affect my gains, really just curious, more than anything.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
TRT is awesome because not much affects it, shuts it down, hinders it etc. just aromatization, which is an easy fix.