Unanswered Alcohol and steroids

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How many here have made a personal decision to cease drinking even when off cycle due to steroids already straining the liver and kidneys? If on cycle say 15 weeks total out of the year on methylated designers, do you think significant damage can be incurred when off cycle from drinking say 6 or 7 beers once a week and maybe having like 3 days a year of getting totally intoxicated as this would essentially give the liver no “off time” to recover? I have been thinking a lot lately of deciding to perhaps give up drinking entirely so as to only have one vice that is unhealthy, rather than 2. I do not drink when on cycle, but do drink off cycle in a manner similar to what I have described in the post.

Last edited:
ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I gave it up, just rather waste my liver on more fun things lol but one beer a day isn’t bad, though not idea for the liver. On cycle you’re really taxing your liver to begin with

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How many here have made a personal decision to cease drinking even when off cycle due to steroids already straining the liver and kidneys? If on cycle say 15 weeks total out of the year on methylated designers, do you think significant damage can be incurred when off cycle from drinking say 6 or 7 beers once a week and maybe having like 3 days a year of getting totally intoxicated as this would essentially give the liver no “off time” to recover? I have been thinking a lot lately of deciding to perhaps give up drinking entirely so as to only have one vice that is unhealthy, rather than 2. I do not drink when on cycle, but do drink off cycle in a manner similar to what have described in the post.
At one point in time I was drinking a bottle of vodka a day for months on end and I have no long term damage that has shown it's face. I know plenty of guys who use gear year round and get trashed every weekend. It's completely Reckless and I'm not saying it's okay by any stretch of imagination but when you take those things into consideration I don't see any problems with what you said above

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A bottle of vodka a day? Holy sheet. No judging, I love vodka, but can only drink it mixed with something like cranberry juice. I think itd be all the cranberry juice that would stop me from drinking that much lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
A bottle of vodka a day? Holy sheet. No judging, I love vodka, but can only drink it mixed with something like cranberry juice. I think itd be all the cranberry juice that would stop me from drinking that much lol
I would go out to the bar and smash 12 to 15 shots while sipping budwiser inbetween. I would keep a pint in the truck for the ride to the next bar. This isint even counting if I ended up back at a friend's or party and kept going after hours. Iron liver lol. I did it for so long it felt normal. Didn't even realize I felt like **** every day. Now if I'm gonna have a drink it's gotta really be worth it because I gotta lock my self in the house for a couple days after till the urg to drink more passes lol. Going on 6 months without a drink and still go to bars to shoot pool twice a week so the willpower is strong

Reactions: Nac
Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A few years back I would drink 365 days a year and were talking 12+ beer or a whole bottle of strong liquor every night, was cycling too and I did that for years.My liver is all right luckily but I quit drinking a year ago and it’s the best decision I made. A few beers a week will litterally change nothing believe me. Unless you have a weak liver or problems already.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ppl worry way to much about the liver. There is very little chance of real liver damage. Heart health is a way bigger issue

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ppl worry way to much about the liver. There is very little chance of real liver damage. Heart health is a way bigger issue
Meaning from steroids or moderate alcohol use/abuse. You gotta do some serious stuff to mess up a healthy liver

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
I hate getting trashed. BUT I LOVE GETTING BUZZED AF!!!!

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ive certainly cut back on drinking. I go periods of eliminating it. But most of the time i have 2 or 3 drinks a week. Couple fingers worth of whisky a couple nights a week after work and thats it. I see that as generally harmless.

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm also looking at giving up. I like my Bourbon but I now feel id enjoy my family time better if i didnt drink once a week.

Also my fitness will improve and i could experiment more with Sarms which i believe have potential for us older guys.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A few years back I would drink 365 days a year and were talking 12+ beer or a whole bottle of strong liquor every night, was cycling too and I did that for years.My liver is all right luckily but I quit drinking a year ago and it’s the best decision I made. A few beers a week will litterally change nothing believe me. Unless you have a weak liver or problems already.
wow

At one point in time I was drinking a bottle of vodka a day for months on end and I have no long term damage that has shown it's face. I know plenty of guys who use gear year round and get trashed every weekend. It's completely Reckless and I'm not saying it's okay by any stretch of imagination but when you take those things into consideration I don't see any problems with what you said above
wow

You boys ain't messing around huh.

But tbh, this thread is way to liberal towards alcohol abuse. Did you guys do any liver scans? Fibroscan or liver biopsy? It's not just liver damage we are talking here, excessive alcohol abuse, especially stuff like beer, can quickly lead to fatty liver disease.
Regarding liver damage, people differ a lot. Some can take less and some more abuse. I wouldn't just go out saying alcohol damage is overrated.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
wow

wow

But tbh, this thread is way to liberal towards alcohol abuse. Did you guys do any liver scans? Fibroscan or liver biopsy? It's not just liver damage we are talking here, excessive alcohol abuse, especially stuff like beer, can quickly lead to fatty liver disease.
Regarding liver damage, people differ a lot. Some can take less and some more abuse. I wouldn't just go out saying alcohol damage is overrated.
When I stopped alcohol they did every tests possible and my liver came back good. I do not say that I wasn’t lucky by any mean. But just to give you an idea, a couple doctors told me a men had to go through 10 to 15 years of alcohol abuse before doing real damage that would be considered irreversible. Of course add gear to that and it’s not the same anymore but alcohol damage is indeed overrated. For a healthy person with a good liver at least.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
wow

wow

Lots of bloodwork over the years and no health problems or concerns of any type. I know guys 60+ that are old brunks, Sitting on a barstool 5+ days a week for 40 years straight. The liver is tough

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't know... I am actually not educated enough on this topic to offer any note worthy comments.

I don't know... Can you see liver damage, chirosis, liver enlargement, fatty liver, etc. just from bloods? Why are Fibroscans and biopsies then done? I know they do those when they really want to see in what shape the liver is.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I don't know... I am actually not educated enough on this topic to offer any note worthy comments.

I don't know... Can you see liver damage, chirosis, liver enlargement, fatty liver, etc. just from bloods? Why are Fibroscans and biopsies then done? I know they do those when they really want to see in what shape the liver is.
They don't order tests like that if your bloodwork is ok. If your liver looks really bad on paper tjen they would do further tests. The liver is the most resilient organ in the human body. It can take a insane amount of punishment if needed.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Your bloodworks will show some severe numbers before any other tests are needed. I still asked for a scan and all though they told me it wasn’t necessary I paid for it and everything was fine. My liver had damage don’t get me wrong it was 1.5 time it’s normal size but everything came back to normal after 3-4 months and when I went for my scan I had a healthy liver without problems.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your bloodworks will show some severe numbers before any other tests are needed. I still asked for a scan and all though they told me it wasn’t necessary I paid for it and everything was fine. My liver had damage don’t get me wrong it was 1.5 time it’s normal size but everything came back to normal after 3-4 months and when I went for my scan I had a healthy liver without problems.
Your liver size shrunk down?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It can enlarge from inflammation and return back to normal. Think of something being swollen
Ok I get that.

Liver however replaces damaged tissues with new tissue, which isn't as effective as the original, so it needs more of it. I think this is kinda inevitable with any for of excessive drinking? This kind of enlargement doesn't go back down. But you guys probably know all about liver scar tissue, etc. so I'm not going to try and educate anybody heh

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ok I get that.

Liver however replaces damaged tissues with new tissue, which isn't as effective as the original, so it needs more of it. I think this is kinda inevitable with any for of excessive drinking? This kind of enlargement doesn't go back down. But you guys probably know all about liver scar tissue, etc. so I'm not going to try and educate anybody heh
I don't know what he had, I'm just assuming the enlargement was inflammation if it went back to normal.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok I get that.

Your liver actually replaces itself with perfectly fine tissues normally. However, when you over stress your liver and do too much damage it can’t repair itself fast enough so scar tissue begins to form instead because your body simply wants to heal the damages. Scar tissue obviously doesn’t do its job so it makes the liver work harder etc. it’s a bit more complicated but that’s the general principle

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your liver actually replaces itself with perfectly fine tissues normally. However, when you over stress your liver and do too much damage it can’t repair itself fast enough so scar tissue begins to form instead because your body simply wants to heal the damages. Scar tissue obviously doesn’t do its job so it makes the liver work harder etc. it’s a bit more complicated but that’s the general principle
Nice. Tnx

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Correct sir.
In fact, you can cut your liver in half and donate it(surgically of course, don’t attempt please)
And an identical liver will regenerate.
Liver tissues have been studied for year for their regenerative abilities.

As a smart guy stated earlier, the amount of guys with liver disease and the amount with heart complications due to steroid use is 100/1.
In fact all other health complications fit into that 1, including kidneys(a subject that comes up around here waaaaay too much) and all the other 99% is heart and cardiovascular.

irishiron300

irishiron300

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Back in the day I drank way too much. Heavy and daily...even on cycle. I also smoked a pack a day. But I measured my food 🤷‍♂️

God I looked great but my insides were dying. Reigning in my boozing and quitting smoking were best things I ever did for myself.

merch

Awards
according to me if you use a good protector do not run big risks (always if you drink little of course) I have done a cycle of 16 weeks of test with kickstart d-bol at 40mg and the last 4 weeks I ended up with the epistante to 40mg, the day after I disconnected everything I went to take blood tests and I didn't even have a non-standard value, everything perfect, triglycerides, ldl, hdl, cholesterol, all perfect, my first thought was (it was fake stuff then, but then how did I get 23lb ??) I used the arimacare pro which I think is really great (luckily in uk there is still the old version and I was shocked too, I was convinced that at least a little busted I would have had the values, remember that it is the abuse that hurts not the use.
ps: I have demonstrable exams one done for my things 2 weeks before finishing the cycle and one the day after the end of the cycle (it was my curiosity) I will do them again after 2/3 weeks after the pct

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Habitual moderate drinking is far worse for you liver than infrequent binging. That said, liver health is so far down the list of things you should worry about with steroid use. Cardiovascular health is a much bigger concern.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I went to take blood tests and I didn't even have a non-standard value, everything perfect, triglycerides, ldl, hdl, cholesterol, all perfect, my first thought was (it was fake stuff then, but then how did I get 23lb ??) I used the arimacare pro which I think is really great
Either you are promoting OL UK or you were lucky heh (or on a small dose of test). High androgens, yes test alone, contribute to more ldl and less hdl. But either way, both values sooner or later return to normal after the cycle.

Lipid panels are more of a concern for those, that are on cycle all the time. High "trt" users, or trt user that are constantly adding orals and stuff through the year, etc. Then you have your lipids thrashed throughout the whole year.

merch

Awards
Either you are promoting OL UK or you were lucky heh (or on a small dose of test). High androgens, yes test alone, contribute to more ldl and less hdl. But either way, both values sooner or later return to normal after the cycle.

Lipid panels are more of a concern for those, that are on cycle all the time. High "trt" users, or trt user that are constantly adding orals and stuff through the year, etc. Then you have your lipids thrashed throughout the whole year.
I am not promoting anything because they are inventories, the old arimacare is no longer produced, do you want to know the dosages? then d-bol 40mg test 300 mg 2x week, epistane 40mg, I do the things with the head of the plan months before and you always make my body time to heal, even if I have all the perfect values, I still wait for the classic cycle time + pct before redoing the cycle, then maybe as you say on a physique that holds up to that kind of substances but of protectors I spent about 250 euros only for those, better to spend 100 euros more than spend 1000 then the doctor or regret it now below I have only the total cholesterol and triglyceride tests, in two weeks I will also ask to know hdl and ldl , the Photo is the day after the end of the I write glucose in your blood that I do before 72mg / dl on reference values 60-110, then maybe it may be very well that even if I have cholesterol at 160 of that 160 90% could be ldl hahaha, this I will find out and I'll let you know :), the only busted value were the red blood cells that were higher than normal, and white blood cells and lymphocytes a hair high but because I have sinusitis and the lowest total proteins of some point for the rest everything perfect, I wrote you the right glucose also for information I am not sure that it has relevance, you must also calculate that in 16 weeks I have not cheated once and I ate rice oil and chicken for breakfast snack lunch snack dinner, always just rice and chicken, never touched alcohol, the only thing I used and was therapeutic cannabis (in my country it is legal) enough. :) if you have any questions just ask bro :) , sorry for my writing but I used the translator and we all know how much it sucks

Attachments

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well if your lipid values come out normal at 600 test and 40mg's epi, you should consider yourself lucky imo.

Kudos on keeping your diet in check. I don't bother with what I eat tbh. Don't need that stress in my life...

merch

Awards
Well if your lipid values come out normal at 600 test and 40mg's epi, you should consider yourself lucky imo.

Kudos on keeping your diet in check. I don't bother with what I eat tbh. Don't need that stress in my life...
onsider that I am a former anorexic I do not find pleasure in food (my luck in bodybuilding) from 49 kg in 1 year and a half I went to 78, now that I have detached I lost two kilos but they are fine ,whitout considering that methylated I did 16 weeks in all, 12 of which with methylated, first 6 weeks dbol test then 6 weeks only tests and then last 4 weeks I actually used the respawn which is trendione and epistane (I think of brawn ), may have gone well this time but better not to pull the rope too much, sooner or later it will break

Deadlifter99

Deadlifter99

Awards
I quit drinking 10 years ago. It would give me nausea on days that I trained. Got a few of my other friends to quit as well and they've all said it made a big difference for them.