Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can’t do Aldi frozen salmon taste way different. Their tuna steaks aren’t bad. I’ll pay the extra $2 a pound for the fresh coho so hood I leave the skin on and crisp it. Also sometimes they have artic char which is delicious as well. Aldi is hands down the best place to get everything though.
No my man these are FRESH filets with the skin on. And wild-caught. Tastes great.

Cmseabee24

Cmseabee24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
No my man these are FRESH filets with the skin on. And wild-caught. Tastes great.
Maybe mine doesn’t have them I’ll have to look a little better next time and give them a try.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think I somehow got unsubbed from this log.

Also, do I recall seeing you mention something about new goodies potentially coming to the VL lineup?

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 27 February 2020

WEIGHT: 237.4 lbs

Weight is right back to where it was before Thai House splurge lol. Good hammy day in the books. Only went for 4 sets on RDL's but kept it at 365 for strict reps.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 2: Patty Platter (93% beef, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 3: Bison Bowl (8oz bison instead of beef)
- Meal 4: Patty Platter (93% beef, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 5: Burger Bowl
- Meal 6:

Notes:
- Sleep was improved last night with about 8 hours.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GYM SESSION: RDLs/Hamstrings/Calves (55 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

RDLs
45 lbs: 10 (WU)
135 lbs: 8 (WU)
225 lbs: 4 (WU)
315 lbs: 3 (WU)
365 lbs: 10, 9, 8, 7

Lying Leg Curl
180 lbs: 11, 9, 7 - drop to unilateral
70 lbs: 7, 7, 7 - unilateral

Seated Leg Curl
320 lbs: 5, 5, 5
140 lbs: 10, 10, 10 - unilateral

Standing Calf Raise
4 Plates: 10, 10, 10, 10, 6

Seated Calf Press
3 Plates: 8, 8, 7, 5

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think I somehow got unsubbed from this log.

Also, do I recall seeing you mention something about new goodies potentially coming to the VL lineup?
I just added Virus (T2/stim-free fat burner blend) and Haunt (the high dosed EpiAndro). I need to look at a reorder for pro hormones so I'll check what other compounds I can add :)

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Or, is 65 calories the perfect amount to compensate for a serving of Light Mayo and a few of sugar-free ketchup??
The sugar-free ketchup is already included in the meal ;) but the mayo I might do to spoil myself on occasion haha. I'll try to use an egg or something of actual value if I sub the calories.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 28 February 2020

WEIGHT: 239.6 lbs

Good shoulder workout today and my arm is okay. It was a little aggravated from leaning on it weird yesterday but seems better today even after working out. Just going to be extra chill on the rest of the day. It'll have a nice break tomorrow and Sunday. I did skip Farmers again. Trying to squeeze it in between RDL's/Hamstring day and Leg Press/Squats day is a bit taxing and doesn't really allow my lower to recover all that thoroughly. I feel Farmers are extremely valuable and don't want to give them up. What I'm considering to do instead is rotating RDL's and Farmers in-and-out on my hamstring day.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 2: Patty Platter (93% beef, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 3: Burger Bowl
- Meal 4: Patty Platter (96% beef, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 6: Add 3oz beef (96%) and 80g mushrooms.

Notes:
- Good night of sleep. Approx. 7 hours
- Sex drive is coming back strong ;)
- Will now be using 96% lean beef for burgers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GYM SESSION: Shoulders (60 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Cable Unilateral Raises - alternating, behind the back
33 lbs: 11, 11, 10

DB Lateral Raises
65 lbs: 8, 8, 8

Shoulder Smith Machine
230 lbs: 8, 8, 8
180 lbs: 13, 12, 10

Reverse Pec Dec
220 lbs: 10, 10, 10, 10
180 lbs: 12, 10, 8, 8

Unilateral Raises
40 lbs: 13, 13, 13

Cable Front Raises - unilateral
33 lbs: 10, 8, 6
22 lbs: 10, 7, 6 - alternating, no rest

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did sex drive diminish when on the Trest stack? Most people say it’s worse than tren for turning them on.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Did sex drive diminish when on the Trest stack? Most people say it’s worse than tren for turning them on.
It was for me... I was a like a buck in the rut... wasn’t pretty ha

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah it definitely seemed to go down when I was running the Test/Trest/Anandrol stack.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 29 February 2020

I don't want to jinx anything but I think we may be back in business boys. No knee issues today and had a great leg workout. This was by far the best and strongest I felt on squats. Despite this I didn't increase the rep or weights at all as I want my knee to feel better plus additional healing time before I throw it into the fire.

Also, we went to Market Broiler for my dad's birthday since it's his favorite for getting filet and lobster. With that said I indulged a bit and had a solid meal with additional filet and lobster that my parents didn't finish.

Notes:
-

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 1: Banana instead of blueberries.
- Meal 2: Patty Platter (96% lean, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 3: Patty Platter (96% lean, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 4: Market Broiler (clam chowder, filet, lobster, red potato)
- Meal 5: Patty Platter (96% lean, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 6: 3oz beef (96%), 4 whole eggs

GYM SESSION: Leg Press/Squats/Quads) (60 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Leg Press
1 Plates: 12 (WU)
3 Plates: 8 (WU)
5 Plates: 5 (WU)
7 Plates: 4 (WU)
8 Plates: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Squats
135 lbs: 6 (WU)
315 lbs: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Horizontal Leg Press
380 lbs: 25 x 4 sets

Inner Thigh
200 lbs: 16, 13, 9, 5

Leg Extensions (Rock-It)
225 lbs: 10, 10 - drop
185 lbs: 12, 12

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Awesome to hear that you finally seem to be getting over the recovery hump! Two weeks of form adjustment and some “Hyde PT” with those hammer curls and I’m back to my squats and feeling better than ever! It’s amazing how a little bit of a step backwards is sometimes just the right thing to take two leaps forward.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 2 March 2020

WEIGHT: 241.0 lbs

Another solid back/biceps workout in the books. I was just shy of hitting my 5x5 today on rack pulls with 6 plates My body was really starting to go under a lot of strain with form slipping so I decided to call my last set at 4 reps.

Arm is doing pretty good for what it is and my shoulder is feeling much much better lately.

Notes:
- Great sleep with a strong 7 hours.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 2: Patty Platter (96%, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 3: Patty Platter (96%, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 4: Burger Bowl
- Meal 5: Patty Platter (96%, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 6: Used 6oz beef (96%)

GYM SESSION: Rack Pulls/Back/Biceps (60 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Rack Pulls
45 lbs: 12 (WU)
135 lbs: 10 (WU)
225 lbs: 8 WU)
315 lbs: 6 (WU)
405 lbs: 4 (WU)
495 lbs: 2 (WU)
585 lbs: 5, 5, 5, 5, 4

Barbell Rows
315 lbs: 12, 8, 8

Lat Pulldowns
253 lbs: 8, 7, 7

Lat Pullover
77 lbs: 8, 8, 7

Low Rows (close grip)
253 lbs: 10, 10, 7

EZ Cable Curl
99 lbs: 8, 6, 4 (failed on 7th and 5th reps)

Unilateral DB Curl
40 lbs: 7, 7, 7

Seated Cable Curl
185 lbs: 7, 7, 7
105 lbs: 10, 10, 10 - unilateral

Last edited:
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 3 March 2020

WEIGHT: 237.0 lbs

Since I had a lot of success with my arm last week I simply formatted my training today after that. This largely consists of limiting my tricep training to 6 solid sets with a modest weight on cable pushdowns. It seems to be a good format and I even capped my reps to 15 and slowed down the movement to put even less strain on the tendon. Overall I got good contractions. Chest training was even better as I can really feel the stretch and muscle activation. Smith machine was occupied again so the seated chest press machine made up my push portion.

Notes:
- Sleep was good at around 7 hours.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 1: Used 130g blueberries (to finish off the container)
- Meal 2: Patty Platter (96% beef, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 3: Patty Platter (96% beef, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)

GYM SESSION: Chest/Triceps/Farmers (60 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Seated Cable Fly
66 lbs: 11, 10, 6

Upward Cable Fly
48.4 lbs: 7, 6, 5

Chest Press Machine
345 lbs: 8, 8, 8
305 lbs: 12, 11, 9

Pec Dec (standard)
220 lbs: 12, 11, 10, 9

Cable Pressdowns
66 lbs: 15 x 6 sets

Farmers Walks
45 Plates: 1 set of 4 laps

Last edited:
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 5 March 2020

WEIGHT: 237.8 lbs

I kept to 4 sets on RDL's at 365 lbs for clean reps since I saw improvement (mostly in terms of how training felt) in last Saturday's leg session and today's hamstring workout. Initially, I planned to do heavy farmers for my "primary" movement, but the walkway was occupied by a group of guy who spend the better part of an hour doing sled pushes with an astronomical amount of 45 plates despite the device having a built in resistance adjuster...

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 1: Used 115g banana
- Meal 6: Used 5.5oz Beef (96%), 4 x Whole Eggs

Notes:
- Fell asleep quickly and was out for about 7 hours.

GYM SESSION: RDLs/Hamstrings/Calves (55 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

RDLs
365 lbs: 10, 10, 10, 8

Lying Leg Curl
180 lbs: 10, 8, 6- drop to unilateral
70 lbs: 6, 6, 5 - unilateral

Seated Leg Curl
300 lbs: 9, 8, 6

Standing Calf Raise
4 Plates: 10, 10, 9

Seated Calf Raise
3 Plates: 11, 9, 7

Seated Calf Press
225 lbs: 12, 12, 12

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 28 February 2020

WEIGHT: 240.0 lbs

Decent shoulder session. It took me a little bit longer to get into the mindset. I had to take my mom to the airport before the gym so it kind of through off my rhythm for the morning. No sweat though. Arm was a little weird/tight going in but doesn't seem too bad immediately after. I feel it mostly in the meaty part of my forearm just below the elbow. By and large I'm just repeating previous workouts that don't seem to cause further aggravation. I feel like I have my body in a good position for physique maintenance/refinement so I'm going to take another good word of advice from Hyde. That is to train at a point that is relatively comfortable on the injury and not push it beyond that point - or even a little less than that - so it can heal better; assuming it can heal without surgical intervention.

Meal Modifications:

Notes:
- Slept fairly well. Dozed off pretty quick but had to get up early to take my mom to the airport. Approx. 6.5-7 hours

GYM SESSION: Shoulders (55 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

33 lbs: 11, 10, 9

Shoulder Smith Machine
180 lbs: 12, 12, 12

Reverse Pec Dec
220 lbs: 14, 12, 14, 9
180 lbs: 10, 8, 8, 8

DB Lateral Raises
60 lbs: 9, 9, 8

Unilateral Raises
40 lbs: 14, 14, 14

33 lbs: 8, 5, 4 - alternating, no rest
22 lbs: 8, 6, 5 - alternating, no rest

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 07 March 2020

WEIGHT: 240.0 lbs

Legs (or rather knees lol) performed very well today. Stuck to my usual routine with some minor alterations. Opted for 5 sets of Leg Press (instead of 6) and 5 sets of squats (instead of 4) as my primary drivers for the workout. I still don't want to push it too hard too fast but bumped my reps to 6 with 315 on squats since everything was moving well and the strength was there. I skipped leg extensions to give the knees extra reprieve but added an extra set on the horizontal leg press to get a solid burnout.

My girl's daughter is having a pizza birthday party today so I will be prepping burgers for my meals while I'm there.

Notes:
- Slept well for about 6.5-7 hours and then laid in bed for about 45 minutes trying catch a few extra zzz's, baby, please.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 3: Beef Bowl
- Meal 4: Patty Platter (96% beef, 3 x Sourdough Muffins, side salad)
- Meal 5: Patty Platter (96% beef, 3 x Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 6: 3oz beef (96%), 5 whole eggs

GYM SESSION: Leg Press/Squats/Quads) (55 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Leg Press
8 Plates: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Squats
315 lbs: 6, 6, 6, 6, 6

Inner Thigh
200 lbs: 15, 13, 7

Outer Thigh
200 lbs: 18, 16,12

Horizontal Leg Press
380 lbs: 25 x 5 sets

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Seems like the last week things have been going smoothly and less issues with the chronic stuff how you’ve been adjusting things.

Reactions: ZOO
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Seems like the last week things have been going smoothly and less issues with the chronic stuff how you’ve been adjusting things.
It is helping. I hope it is lol. Shoulder is a bit tight today though. My broscience tells me that I may have a torn ligament, or muscle, in the back part of the rotator. The surrounding muscles are compensating and consequently causing discomfort. Overall I think I'm fucked but I'm trying lol

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 9 March 2020

WEIGHT: 239.2 lbs

Under 240 this morning after hitting bison burgers and thai house yesterday. Moderation and food selection is key ;) Training went well today. In other words, I didn't get injured lol. Leg day is still lingering so I lowered my Rack Pull volume to 3 sets with the last set being 615 for 3. All the movements went smoothly. My shoulder has been acting up but I was extra wary and strict so it isn't too bad off.

I ran out of bad water and instead have been using acetic acid solution for mixing my GH and TB/BPC... stuff has a little bite lol. It's most uncomfortable sub-q in the elbow. I ordered some bac water but don't want to waste the syringes or miss any shots. Contemplating on trying to shoot the TB/BPC into the achy part of my delt since IM isn't quite as bad... not fun though. GH in the stomach fat is by far the easiest.

Need to make a protocol update (or log thread) soonish. I've been working to ween my steroid doses down a smidge more and my food intake differs a bit from the original that was posted. Plus, the 9oz I thought I was eating for the Patty Platter is closer to 7.5-8oz. Not a big deal but it's good to review, remeasure and reset the program once in a while. This will be complemented with an updated training guideline with the adjustments I have made to work with my injuries.

Notes:
- Great sleep! I stayed in bed until my alarm went off which is a rarity. 8 hours.
- Lowered Anavar to 40mg effective yesterday.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 2: Patty Platter (6oz bison 90%, 2.5oz beef 96%, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 3: Patty Platter (7.5oz beef 96%, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins, 40g carrots)
- Meal 5:
- Meal 6:

GYM SESSION: Rack Pulls/Back/Biceps (60 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Rack Pulls
405 lbs: 4 (WU)
585 lbs: 5, 5
615 lbs: 3

Barbell Rows
315 lbs: 12, 10, 8

Lat Pulldowns
253 lbs: 8, 7, 7

Low Rows (neutral grip)
253 lbs: 8, 8, 7

Lat Pullover
77 lbs: 9, 8, 7

EZ Cable Curl
99 lbs: 9, 7, 6

Unilateral DB Curl

Seated Cable Curl
185 lbs: 8, 7, 7

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Only barely related, but Broderick Chavez mentioned in a podcast if you are traveling and can’t bring or get bac water, contact solution is actually a sterile acceptable replacement in a pinch.

Thought that was kinda neat

DrChicken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It is helping. I hope it is lol. Shoulder is a bit tight today though. My broscience tells me that I may have a torn ligament, or muscle, in the back part of the rotator. The surrounding muscles are compensating and consequently causing discomfort. Overall I think I'm fucked but I'm trying lol
Go get it fixed up by a professional brother

You’ll be glad you did

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Only barely related, but Broderick Chavez mentioned in a podcast if you are traveling and can’t bring or get bac water, contact solution is actually a sterile acceptable replacement in a pinch.

Thought that was kinda neat
Ehhhhhhh I think I'll keep to my usual methods lol

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 10/11 March 2020

WEIGHT: 241.2 lbs (both days)

I'll make yesterday's update today's since I didn't post it up. Training went well and it was probably the most normal my arm has felt following a chest session. This layout I've been using seems to be the sweet spot as far as weight, reps, and exercises that I can use to make for an effective workout without further injury. The goal is to "progress" the training routine by maximizing my output (form/contraction/pace) for the given layout rather than seeking to increase rep/weights.

Notes:
- Sleep seemed solid and I'm fairly certain I nabbed about 8 hours from yesterday to today. About 7 hours the night before.

Meal Modifications:

GYM SESSION: Chest/Triceps/Farmers (55 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Seated Cable Fly
66 lbs: 10, 10, 5 (8 reps x 3 sets)

Upward Cable Fly
48.4 lbs: 7, 6, 5 (8 reps x 3 sets)

Chest Press Machine
345 lbs: 8, 8, 8
305 lbs: 10, 10, 10

Pec Dec (standard)
220 lbs: 12, 10, 8 (12 reps x 3 sets)

Cable Pressdowns
66 lbs: 15 x 6 sets

Farmers Walks
45 Plates: 2 sets of 3 laps

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wait why can’t you?
even if I had insurance, doesn't mean I can afford to take that kind of time off from work and or become a burden to my daily routines.
I don't know about ZOO, but he and I both work for ourselves, which is a lot of feast or famine.... mostly famine.

DrChicken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
even if I had insurance, doesn't mean I can afford to take that kind of time off from work and or become a burden to my daily routines.
I don't know about ZOO, but he and I both work for ourselves, which is a lot of feast or famine.... mostly famine.
I understand the whole insurance thing. A good sports chiropractor who is trained in active release should be able to help you guys (idk about your issue ripper)

But visits should only take 10-15 minutes once to twice a week for a few weeks.

That and a few minutes of the proper rehab a few times a week (5-10min) should get you fixed up in no time.

Again this is a huge generalization, I do not know what is wrong with either of you guys but that’s not really THAT much time to be able to train / work again without lingering issues nagging at you and preventing you from doing what you love.

Not Telling you what to do I’m not your dad but it makes sense to me, this issue has been holding your training bAck since I’ve been following this log.
(Not saying you’re not training hard, but it is limiting you)

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wait why can’t you?
Oh, I meant more in terms of needing to see an Ortho. I think my problems are likely beyond natural recovery methods. Although I am hoping that continuing to stretch, get worked on, and train consciously will allow me to get more back in the meantime.

But yeah I don't have insurance atm.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 12 March 2020

WEIGHT: 239.0 lbs

Four sets for RDL's seems to be where the money is at so I'm going to keep it there instead of pushing for 5 or 6 sets. Rather make the most of those 4 sets and maintain a higher quality of reps. More volume isn't the answer for me I don't believe lol. My girl has been massaging me regularly throughout the week and hit my back thoroughly today. These adjustments seem to be making for better recovery with subsequent workouts benefiting.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 2: Patty Platter (96% beef, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins, 45g carrots)
- Meal 4: Patty Platter (96% beef, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins, 45g carrots)

Notes:
- Fell asleep quickly and was out hard for close to 8 hours.

RDLs
365 lbs: 10, 10, 10, 8

Standing Calf Raise
4 Plates: 10, 10, 10

Lying Leg Curl
180 lbs: 10, 10, 10
70 lbs: 7, 7, 7 - unilateral

Seated Calf Raise
3 Plates: 12, 12, 10

Seated Calf Press
225 lbs: 13, 13, 13

Seated Leg Curl
300 lbs: 12, 10, 8

DrChicken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Oh, I meant more in terms of needing to see an Ortho. I think my problems are likely beyond natural recovery methods. Although I am hoping that continuing to stretch, get worked on, and train consciously will allow me to get more back in the meantime.

Maybe I missed this but what have You tried so far as care goes?

Nothing against ortho’s but some cut preemptively

Workouts still going strong I see

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

IF you need surgery, not having insurance in America can actually be the cheapest option, just FYI. When my bicep blew turns out the coverage I had was useless unless I had the flu or somehow got pregnant lol. My coworker had the good plan but his annual deductible was 6k. Since I was totally out of pocket, all of the fees for the surgeon, facility, anesthesia, brace, single rehab session, x-rays were insanely cheaper. I ended up spending about $4500 total. My coworker would have spent $6,000 plus 10-20% of the 30k marked up insurance fees. And had to stay in a particular network/use a specific surgeon.

The big drawback here is MRI imaging probably isn’t affordable. Like over $1,500. So I actually told the surgeon to just cut me because we could see the bicep detached and he knew I meant business. BUT X-Rays are only around $500 and if you can find out what’s up and discover surgery is needed, you may be able to negotiate heavily in your favor.

Not that I would be quick to ever jump under a knife without being completely sure.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not saying I want to get chopped up lol. I just want to see a professional to get an actual diagnosis of the issue. This would make even what I'm doing now much more effective by having an idea of the true degree of the injury. Which would, as stated above, probably require some expensive form of imaging. The more difficult part is trying to find a location near me to do it for cash without having to go through a bunch of preliminary appointments with physicians etc. Until I figure that out it does seem that what I'm doing is helping quite a bit. The most effective being an overhaul to how I approach training and recovery. I now incorporate massage work (the rough kind) and stretching regularly to help assist both arm and shoulder.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
look around the area for a medical Co-op .. they have become a thing since Obamacare. if you could find one they often have entire networks of specialist who take part in it. they hate Obamacare too you know. in a co-op setting u get to join for a monthly fee. probably 50-100 bucks or something per month idk. its kinda like having insurance for your medical needs. you pay each month and use it when you need it.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 13 March 2020

WEIGHT: 238.8 lbs

Good shoulder session under the new format. As I had hoped, my arm actually does not feel to have been bothered at all. This for me right now is the most important part of my training I need to heed. Restricting my reps and sets is a huge asset in achieving a solid workout without further aggravation. For example, I may normally do 10 reps for a given exercise, but I may cap it at 8 reps and do them in a fashion that allows me to reach, or near, failure at that amount. This is especially true on exercises like the Smith Shoulder Press. All to often I catch myself falling into the habit of chasing the number instead of chasing the movement.

Fucking goddamn **** show out there now with all the fear-mongering surrounding this corona business. Walmart was a zoo (the bad kind lol) but I know a guy who works there and he put aside 24 lbs of the 96% lean beef for me. I also grabbed 7 lbs of the 93% lean beef patties to help bolster my reserves since I eat so much meat. Plus the extra bit of fat/cals may do me good. Fats always make me feel a bit stronger. Since I'm mixing up my meats I'll go ahead and list what my meals are for the day as I have been.

Meals:
- Meal 1: 50g Oatmeal, 50g Isolate, 100g Blueberries,
- Meal 2: Patty Platter (8oz Beef 93%, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins, 50g Carrots)
- Meal 3: Burger Bowl (240g Beef 96%, 260g Potato, Riced Cauliflower, Shredded Lettuce)
- Meal 4: Patty Platter (8oz Beef 93%, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins, 50g Carrots)
- Meal 5: Outback (11oz Top Sirloin, 4 x Shrimp, 200g Sweet Potato, Broccoli)
- Meal 6: Used 2.5oz Beef (96%), 5 x Whole Eggs

Notes:
- Slept fairly well, but it took me a little longer to get to sleep.

GYM SESSION: Shoulders (55 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Shoulder Smith Machine
180 lbs: 12, 12, 12

33 lbs: 8, 8, 8

DB Lateral Raises
60 lbs: 8, 8, 8

Unilateral Raises
45 lbs: 10, 10, 10

33 lbs: 8, 8, 8

Reverse Pec Dec
220 lbs: 10, 10, 10
200 lbs: 10, 10, 10
180 lbs: 8, 8, 8

Last edited:
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 14 March 2020

WEIGHT: 237.8 lbs

Another solid leg day in the books. I am so happy to be able to squat again with comfort. Still easing back into them to really ensure joint recovery. Confidently, I could have gotten 8 reps I only increased it to 7 from last week's 6.

Having a bit of a "controlled fatty" weekend with plenty of good eats. Had Outback (delivered in) last night and bison burgers today :D

Notes:
- Seeing a dip in sex drive.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 2: Bison Burgers (8oz Bison 90%, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins, 50g Carrots)
- Meal 3: Bison Burgers (8oz Bison 90%, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins, 50g Carrots)
- Meal 4: Burger Bowl (240g Beef 96%, 260g Potato, Riced Cauliflower, Shredded Lettuce)
- Meal 5: Patty Platter (8oz Beef 96%, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins, 50g Carrots)
- Meal 6: Used 4.5oz Beef (96%), 4 x Whole Eggs

GYM SESSION: Leg Press/Squats/Quads) (55 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Leg Press
8 Plates: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Squats
315 lbs: 7, 7, 7, 7, 7

Horizontal Leg Press
380 lbs: 25 x 5 sets

Inner Thigh
200 lbs: 12, 8, 5

Outer Thigh
200 lbs: 15, 15, 11

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Wouldn’t worry about the dip in sex drive. Gonna be plenty of babies 9 months after everyone has to take a couple weeks off work lol
Hahaha I never even thought of that but it’s prob true. Stay safe guys:
Adjustments.JPG

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hmmmm disregard corona, acquire sexually transmitted viruses instead... I like it! Haha all kidding aside it is pretty wild out there right now. Stay safe and may the gym gods keep their houses of worship open.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hmmmm disregard corona, acquire sexually transmitted viruses instead... I like it! Haha all kidding aside it is pretty wild out there right now. Stay safe and may the gym gods keep their houses of worship open.
Plot twist: gym gods are actually testing the faithful to see who will find alternative training means, and who will just get soft.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Plot twist: gym gods are actually testing the faithful to see who will find alternative training means, and who will just get soft.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 16 March 2020

My lower back has been feeling a little rough since Saturday. I believe I slept in a weird position and that was worsened by squeezing into the leg press lol. It's not bad to the point of debilitation but I pulled back on Rack Pulls to be safe. I simply worked to a top set for 2 reps at 615 and then moved on to barbell rows and the rest of my workout. Gym was much more quiet than it normally is. I only hope that it remains open. Luckily I have a bench and dumbbells (5-50 lbs) at home that I can utilize if necessary.

Food situation at the stores is dire. I have a decent stash to get me started, however, with the quantity of food that I consume this will go quickly. I will be doing my best to maintain my normal diet but it may become necessary to incorporate other food options into my meals. In fact, I may start doing this (and have with my eating out lately lol) to help pace my supplies... gonna horde some anabolics too lmao

Notes:
- Sleep was on the fair-poor side. Mostly due to anxiety.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 2: Patty Platter (Beef 93%, 2.25 x English Muffins, 50g carrots)
- Meal 3: Patty Platter (Beef 93%, 2.25 x English Muffins, 50g carrots)
- Meal 6:

GYM SESSION: Rack Pulls/Back/Biceps (55 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Rack Pulls
405 lbs: 3 (WU)
585 lbs: 2 (paused at bottom)
615 lbs: 2

Barbell Rows
315 lbs: 12, 11, 10

Lat Pulldowns
253 lbs: 8, 8, 6

Low Rows (neutral grip)
253 lbs: 8, 8, 8

Lat Pullover
77 lbs: 9, 9, 7

EZ Cable Curl
99 lbs: 8, 8, 7

Unilateral DB Curl

Seated Cable Curl
185 lbs: 8, 8, 8

Farmer Walks
45 lb Plates: 1 set of 5 laps

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We all know (I hope) micronutrients and specific food choices do add up, but if this goes on for months we’re all going to be practicing some version of IIFYM for sure. Which will be fine enough for anyone not trying to get particularly lean I suppose.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We all know (I hope) micronutrients and specific food choices do add up, but if this goes on for months we’re all going to be practicing some version of IIFYM for sure. Which will be fine enough for anyone not trying to get particularly lean I suppose.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Definitely preparing for some improvised meals haha. But yeah I'll be trying my best not to veer too far away from what I normally consume if I can help it.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 17 March 2020

WEIGHT: 238.4 lbs

Last night I received an email from 24 Hour Fitness stating that all of the gyms are closed. Luckily, I called a Fitness 19 near me and they are still open for the moment. I am hoping they stay open as long as possible, but with the inevitable shutdown I am preparing a small workout setup in my apartment. Anyways, I hit chest/triceps today. The workout wasn't terrible but not great since I was adjusting to and feeling out the equipment selection. I will have a better plan in place next week assuming they're still open.

Notes:
- Sleep sucked ass. Worried about the gains lol

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 2: Patty Platter (93% beef, 2.25 x English Muffins)
- Meal 3: Patty Platter (93% beef, 2.25 x English Muffins)
- Meal 6:

GYM SESSION: Chest/Triceps/Farmers (50 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Pec Dec
260 lbs: 12, 12, 12, 8

Smith Incline Press
230 lbs: 7
180 lbs: 10, 10, 10

Dumbbell Frontal Raise
40 lbs: 10, 10, 8, 8

Pec Dec
200 lbs: 15, 11, 8, 8

Flat Bench
135 lbs: 15 x 4 sets

Cable Pressdown
70 lbs: 10 x 6 sets

Wobble Press Machine
I'm not sure what this machine. It is very wobbly akin to using water weights but runs on a cable system

70 lbs: 20, 20, 20

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Gym closures are gonna turn us into pushup masters
For sure. I just had to do a full push workout in my hotel room (this one has no gym and even the treadmill room is closed). All gyms in NY/PA are closed. Most in FL too now. LA fitness sent me a thing last night that all those are closed til 4/1 now too.

Gonna be a lot of basement workouts for me (assuming o can finally stop traveling now ha)