AHRT Project (ft. The Burger Diet)

DrChicken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
LOG UPDATE: 10 February 2020

WEIGHT: 241.0 lbs

Went ahead and pulled back on the gas a little for back/biceps. Instead of running a full round of Rack Pulls, I simply worked up to a top set of 610 for a double. My body is beat up so I felt this would be a good way to put my body under heavy load without grinding it down further.

Notes:
- Slept very well.
- Legs are still sore from Saturday.
- Left shoulder is a bit tight/achy.
- No real changes to arm/elbow status.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 2: Burger Bowl
- Meal 4: Patty Platter

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GYM SESSION: Rack Pulls/Back/Biceps (60 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Rack Pulls
45 lbs: 12 (WU)
135 lbs: 10 (WU)
225 lbs: 8 WU)
315 lbs: 6 (WU)
405 lbs: 4 (WU)
495 lbs: 2 (WU)
585 lbs: 1
610 lbs: 2

Barbell Rows
315 lbs: 12, 12, 10

Lat Pulldowns
253 lbs: 9, 8, 6

Low Rows (close grip) - may switch to lighter, neutral grip to lessen shoulder tension
297 lbs: 8, 8, 8

Lat Pullover
71.5 lbs: 12, 10, 8

EZ Cable Curl
99 lbs: 10, 7, 6

Unilateral DB Curl
40 lbs: 7, 7, 7

Seated Cable Curl
185 lbs: 8, 7, 6
105 lbs: 12, 10, 8 - unilateral, alternating, no rest
Beast bro

Try using two separate D handles, that seems to be WAY easier on the shoulders / wrists / elbows than the standard close grip handle.

Not to mention you can then rotate your arm / elbow a bit more freely

Also: you should get that ISH worked on before it becomes a worse issue

I got elbow tendinitis for a while that was so bad I had to completely stop training arms / bench / back / basically everything besides SSB squats for a while

Reactions: ZOO
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Beast bro

Try using two separate D handles, that seems to be WAY easier on the shoulders / wrists / elbows than the standard close grip handle.

Not to mention you can then rotate your arm / elbow a bit more freely

Also: you should get that ISH worked on before it becomes a worse issue

I got elbow tendinitis for a while that was so bad I had to completely stop training arms / bench / back / basically everything besides SSB squats for a while
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give those a shot :)

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 11 February 2020

WEIGHT: 242.0 lbs

Arm is a little beat up today. I guess the cable kickbacks weren't clicking today or something, but I believe them to be the culprit. I may just keep to straight bar press downs since they seem to be the easiest to perform without problems. Pressing movements went well.

Notes:
- Took a long time to fall asleep, but slept well once I did. Approx. 5.5-6 hours.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 3: Patty Platter
- Meal 4: Patty Platter (subtract 1 muffin)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GYM SESSION: Chest/Triceps/Farmers (60 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Seated Cable Fly
66 lbs: 10, 10, 5

Upward Cable Fly
48.4 lbs: 7, 5, 5

Incline Smith Machine
240 lbs: 8, 8, 7, 8

Chest Press Machine
325 lbs: 10, 10, 8, 8

Downward Cable Fly
40 lbs: 12, 9, 9

Cable Kickbacks - possible point of elbow aggravation
27.5 lbs: 15, 14, 10, 8

Cable Pressdowns
71.5 lbs: 12, 12, 12, 12 (drop to 60.5)
60.5 lbs: 10, 10, 10, 10 (30 seconds rest)

Farmers Walks
45 Plates: 1 set x 6 laps

Last edited:
Hlee33

Hlee33

Awards
LOG UPDATE: 11 February 2020

WEIGHT: 242.0 lbs

Arm is a little beat up today. I guess the cable kickbacks weren't clicking today or something, but I believe them to be the culprit. I may just keep to straight bar press downs since they seem to be the easiest to perform without problems. Pressing movements went well.

Notes:
- Took a long time to fall asleep, but slept well once I did. Approx. 5.5-6 hours.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 3: Patty Platter

GYM SESSION: Chest/Triceps/Farmers (60 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Seated Cable Fly
66 lbs: 10, 10, 5

Upward Cable Fly
48.4 lbs: 7, 5, 5

Incline Smith Machine
240 lbs: 8, 8, 7, 8

Chest Press Machine
325 lbs: 10, 10, 8, 8

Downward Cable Fly
40 lbs: 12, 9, 9

Cable Kickbacks - possible point of elbow aggravation
27.5 lbs: 15, 14, 10, 8

Cable Pressdowns
71.5 lbs: 12, 12, 12, 12 (drop to 60.5)
60.5 lbs: 10, 10, 10, 10 (30 seconds rest)

Farmers Walks
45 Plates: 1 set x 6 laps
Ya know what’s weird Big dog? Kick backs **** on my elbows, and my doctor said they bother him too. The perceived ROM is short so I think we try and increase rom, over stretching and create too much tension on the elbow. Imagine doing those sissy squat Julian smith knee drop down thing, a lot of knee flexion right? I think excess knee/elbow flexion can really aggravate the elbow, the the angle kick backs create can also strain the UCL when your at the top and gravity is trying to pull the weight away from the contraction.
I also have no idea if this will help but I’ve switched entirely to unilateral arm movements for my elbow health. Everything is more aligned that way. As soon. As I did that my UCL pain went away.
I’m just a dumbass 24 yo kid, I don’t know **** but it may help.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ya know what’s weird Big dog? Kick backs **** on my elbows, and my doctor said they bother him too. The perceived ROM is short so I think we try and increase rom, over stretching and create too much tension on the elbow. Imagine doing those sissy squat Julian smith knee drop down thing, a lot of knee flexion right? I think excess knee/elbow flexion can really aggravate the elbow, the the angle kick backs create can also strain the UCL when your at the top and gravity is trying to pull the weight away from the contraction.
I also have no idea if this will help but I’ve switched entirely to unilateral arm movements for my elbow health. Everything is more aligned that way. As soon. As I did that my UCL pain went away.
I’m just a dumbass 24 yo kid, I don’t know **** but it may help.
Nah man I totally feel you and agree on this! I appreciate the input. Keep killing it. You look sick, you nasty **** haha

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 12 February 2020

WEIGHT: 239.6 lbs

Gahhhh another rough night of sleep. Took me about 2 hours to knock out and was accompanied by plenty of rustling around after. Tonight I will try to get to bed earlier to help make up for it. Part of the problem is the anxiety I get about not being able to sleep which in turn makes it difficult to sleep. Terrible, vicious cycle. I suspect my current compounds are also an influential factor despite not usually having any sleep issues even on heavier stacks.

I have Thrive (Green) in the works and it should be ready in the next couple of days. I'm going to finish out this last vial of Thrive (Blue) and then switch my stack to Green along with a different oral. Overall, I am very impressed with the (Blue) protocol concept and have made some good progress from it. For the moment, however, I think it is time to redial my PED program to a more maintenance minded approach and let me arm, shoulder, and knee heal back up. More importantly than the cocktail though is that I truly need to make better efforts to not keep trying to push my body to do more in the gym.

Good news! The highest dosed Epiandro products will be back in stock in the next couple of days. It should be up on Gainbusters by Friday under Bomb Squad and on Vicious Labs as Haunt by Tuesday (hopefully sooner).

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 1: Burger Bowl
- Meal 2: Patty Platter
- Meal 3: Patty Platter (subtract 1 muffin)
- Meal 4: Burger Bowl
- Meal 5: Meat consisted of 2.75oz Beef (93%) and 2oz Beef (96%)

Last edited:

DrChicken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
LOG UPDATE: 12 February 2020

Gahhhh another rough night of sleep. Took me about 2 hours to knock out and was accompanied by plenty of rustling around after. Tonight I will try to get to bed earlier to help make up for it. Part of the problem is the anxiety I get about not being able to sleep which in turn makes it difficult to sleep. Terrible, vicious cycle.

I have Thrive (Green) in the works and it should be ready in the next couple of days. I'm going to finish out this last vial of Thrive (Blue) and then switch my stack to Green along with a different oral. Overall, I am very impressed with the (Blue) protocol concept and have made some good progress from it. For the moment, however, I think it is time to redial my PED program to a more maintenance minded approach and let me arm, shoulder, and knee heal back up. More importantly than the cocktail though is that I truly need to make better efforts to not keep trying to push my body to do more in the gym.

Good news! The highest dosed Epiandro products will be back in stock in the next couple of days. It should be up on Gainbusters by Friday under Bomb Squad and on Vicious Labs as Haunt by Tuesday (hopefully sooner).

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 1: Burger Bowl
- Meal 2: Patty Platter
- Meal 3: Patty Platter (subtract 1 muffin)
- Meal 5:
500mg magnesium and 1mg melatonin about 30min before bed knock me TF out
Melatonin helps you fall asleep
Mg helps you stay asleep

Do not take melatonin all the time though as it is habit forming
Magnesium you can take year round

Granted I never have trouble sleeping so take that for what it’s worth

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
500mg magnesium and 1mg melatonin about 30min before bed knock me TF out
Melatonin helps you fall asleep
Mg helps you stay asleep

Do not take melatonin all the time though as it is habit forming
Magnesium you can take year round

Granted I never have trouble sleeping so take that for what it’s worth
That's an easy and inexpensive remedy. Thanks, bro! I'm noting this on my grocery list :D

DrChicken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
That's an easy and inexpensive remedy. Thanks, bro! I'm noting this on my grocery list
Play around with the melatonin dose

Typically they sell 5mg tablets
(Which you might need)
But that is enough to leave you groggy in the morning

I’d suggest starting with 1mg and working up if needed

Edit:

You can always try chamomile tea, or sleepy time tea
that stuff helped me sleep when I was taking a weed break

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 13 February 2020

WEIGHT: 239.4 lbs

Arm is a tad aggravated still from Tuesday. Tomorrow's shoulder session may be need to be modified.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 1: Used 130g banana instead of 100g blueberries.
- Meal 2: Patty Platter (2.5 muffins)
- Meal 3: Burger Bowl
- Meal 5: Patty Platter (2.5 muffins)
- Meal 6: Used 3oz Beef (93%) + 2oz Beef (96%)

Notes:
- Sleep was improved last night with about 8 hours.

GYM SESSION: RDLs/Hamstrings/Calves (55 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

RDLs
45 lbs: 10 (WU)
135 lbs: 8 (WU)
225 lbs: 4 (WU)
315 lbs: 3 (WU)
365 lbs: 8, 8, 8
315 lbs: 12, 10, 7

Lying Leg Curl
180 lbs: 12, 8, 6 - drop to unilateral
70 lbs: 6, 6 - unilateral

Seated Leg Curl
300 lbs: 8, 8, 8
140 lbs: 10, 10 - unilateral

Standing Calf Raise
4 Plates: 12, 9, 7, 6
3 Plates: 10, 8, 7, 7

Seated Calf Press
245 lbs: 10, 10, 10

Last edited:
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 14 February 2020

WEIGHT: 240.6 lbs

Eased off the accelerator a bit today. I placed the Smith Shoulder Press at the end of the workout and decided against the Farmer Walks today. My arm will be thankful for this later I'm sure lol. I added a few extra sets to rear, lateral, and front delt exercises.

Also, Happy Valentine's Day! Very happy to say I won't be a lonely **** this year lol. Of more interest to you guys is that I have a sale for both Gainbusters and Vicious Labs (see attachments).

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 2: Patty Platter (2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 4: Patty Platter (2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 5: Bison Bowl (sub 8oz beef for 8oz bison, add spinach and mushrooms)

Notes:
- Slept very well and neared 8 hours.

GYM SESSION: Shoulders/Farmers (55 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Cable Unilateral Raises - alternating, behind the back
33 lbs: 10, 10, 10

DB Lateral Raises
65 lbs: 8, 8, 8

Reverse Pec Dec
220 lbs: 12, 10, 10
180 lbs: 12, 10, 10
150 lbs: 12, 10, 10

Cable Front Raises
16.5 lbs: 12, 10, 10

Unilateral Raises
45 lbs: 10, 10, 10

Shoulder Smith Machine
200 lbs: 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

Attachments

Last edited:
Hlee33

Hlee33

Awards
I'm just trying to hang on before you beat me out in all aspects of bodybuilding hahaha
IF and thats a big IF I ever pass you, it will be because I did what you told me to do lol. It all started with some VL epiandro

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IF and thats a big IF I ever pass you, it will be because I did what you told me to do lol. It all started with some VL epiandro
You will, bro. You have a lot of potential for real. Once you go pro I'll get you all the EpiAndro you want haha ;)

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 15 February 2020

WEIGHT: 240.0 lbs

Very good leg workout today. Knee seemed stronger, albeit still sketch, and I was able to get through my workout without any "twinge incidents."

Although I cooked last night for Valentine's Day, I will be headed to Thai House for a more formal date today. I didn't want to be caught in the V-Day crowds.

After looking over some of my past log entries I have to say it's pretty cool how I've managed to control my weight where it is while making incremental improvements in my training. Slowly but surely I'm dialing things in to maintain that pattern as I try to rehab at the same time.

Notes:
- Fell asleep pretty damn hard last night.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 5: Thai House! (Egg drop soup, Mongolian beef, steamed white rice)

GYM SESSION: Leg Press/Squats/Quads) (60 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Leg Press
1 Plates: 12 (WU)
3 Plates: 8 (WU)
5 Plates: 5 (WU)
7 Plates: 4 (WU)
8 Plates: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 8

Squats
135 lbs: 6 (WU)
315 lbs: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Horizontal Leg Press
380 lbs: 25, 25, 25, 25

Leg Extensions (Rock-It)
225 lbs: 8, 10, 9, 9

Inner Thigh
200 lbs: 12, 12, 8
160 lbs: 11, 5, 5

Last edited:
Hlee33

Hlee33

Awards
The confidence is appreciated more than you know.....now I got real motivation for nationals UNILIMITED BONERS LOL

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 17 February 2020

WEIGHT: 238.0 lbs

PED UPDATE
Back to rehab, maintenance, and physique refinement. As stated already, I am switching my PED protocol to be more in-line with getting my body fixed back up. I consider the Blue protocol a success for what I was able to do as far as incremental improvements in training and muscle are concerned. However, the Green protocol will be much better for what I want (need) to do to heal. I started the new format (shown below) yesterday, 11/16, and I seem to appear a little tighter this morning (water/bloat reduction?). Curious to see how changing out Trest and Anadrol will effect my physique's appearance.

Thrive (Green) Protocol: "Maintenance, Rehab, and Refinement"
Contains 90mg of Testosterone Phenylpropionate and 30mg of Nandrolone Phenylpropionate per 1ml of solution. I will be administering 0.6ml intramuscularly every morning upon waking. Phenylpropionate ester permits for practical every-other-day dosing, but I will maintain daily shots for the moment. Anavar will be ran initially at 50mg following the discontinuation of Turinabol and Anadrol. Dose of Anavar will later be lowered to 25-30mg. I may use a pre-bed oral alongside my intramuscular GH shot in the evening's preceding a rest day to better enhance the repair process during my recovery periods (to be determined). Below is the current protocol:
  • Testosterone Phenylpropionate: 54mg ED
  • Nandrolone Phenylpropionate: 18mg ED
  • Anavar: 50mg
  • Proviron: 50mg
  • GH: 5iu
  • T2: 600mcg
  • T3: 25mcg
  • T4: 100mcg
  • TB-500:
  • BPC-157:
Today I decided to go back to a 5x5. Everything was going very well, but I allowed myself to get distracted by an annoying email going into the second set. I jerked the bar a tad rather than a smooth takeoff and felt a very mild strain on my lower left lat. Nothing bad by any means and after having been done at the gym now for an hour it's pretty minimal. I went for a third set and while the strain wasn't too bothersome during the lift I decided not to play with fire. Instead I ran 5 sets of barbell rows after that. All in all the workout was very solid. I tried to focus extra hard on nailing the contractions and even lowered the weight a bit on some exercise to emphasize that point.

Notes:
- Slept rather well. Roughly 8 hours.
- Pokemon Sword is absolutely lit af awesome.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 2: Bison Burgers (8oz Bison Patties, 2 x Sourdough Muffins, 1 x Whole Egg)
- Meal 3: Patty Platter (2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)

GYM SESSION: Rack Pulls/Back/Biceps (60 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Rack Pulls
585 lbs: 5, 5, 5

Barbell Rows
315 lbs: 12, 10, 9, 8, 7

Lat Pulldowns
231 lbs: 10, 8, 7

Low Rows (neutral grip) - much better on shoulder tension
253 lbs: 8, 8, 8

Lat Pullover
71.5 lbs: 13, 10, 8

EZ Cable Curl
99 lbs: 9, 7, 6

Unilateral DB Curl

Seated Cable Curl
185 lbs: 9, 7, 6
105 lbs: 12, 10, 8 - unilateral

Last edited:
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 18 February 2020

WEIGHT: 237.4 lbs

Looks like my weight is slowly lowering back down some. Will be able to confirm should the trend continue over the course of the week. Having learned from last week's chest/tricep workout, I adjusted today's session. The only real difference being that for triceps I only did 6 sets using the straight bar press down. Arm seems decent still so I'd say that was the right call. I think this will be the extent of my direct tricep training with additional stimulation from ancillary recruitment in larger lifts. Hopefully this will be adequate to maintain arm size.

Notes:
- Sleep was okay at around 7 hours.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 5: Burger Bowl

Seated Cable Fly
66 lbs: 10, 10, 6

Upward Cable Fly
48.4 lbs: 7, 6, 5

Incline Smith Machine
240 lbs: 8, 8, 8, 8

Pec Dec
220 lbs: 20, 13, 10, 9

Chest Press Machine
305 lbs: 8, 8, 7, 7

Cable Pressdowns
66 lbs: 20, 20, 20, 15, 15, 15

Farmers Walks
45 Plates: 2 sets x 3 laps

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 20 February 2020

WEIGHT: 239.2 lbs

Very solid workout; however, that mild strain in my lower left lat from Monday popped up a tiny bit while doing RDL's. It didn't hurt at all this morning (nor yesterday) so I had forgotten about it. Simply, I kept my form extra slow and concentrated to make sure there was no jerking or sudden tugging on the area. This seems to have been enough to prevent any real issue from recurring as there is only a mild discomfort there 5 hours after training. So although my numbers may appear lower on a couple exercises, they were of very high quality from time-under-tension stress.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 3: Burger Bowl (+60g spinach)
- Meal 4: Patty Platter (2.25 Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 5: Burger Bowl (+60g spinach))
- Meal 6: Used 3oz Beef (93%) + 2oz Beef (96%)

Notes:
- Sleep was decent. Approximately 7 hours.
- Had a very legit night terror. It's been a while lol

GYM SESSION: RDLs/Hamstrings/Calves (55 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

RDLs
45 lbs: 10 (WU)
135 lbs: 8 (WU)
315 lbs: 3 (WU)
365 lbs: 10, 8, 8
315 lbs: 8, 8, 7

Seated Leg Curl
320 lbs: 8, 7, 6
140 lbs: 10, 10, 10 - unilateral

Seated Calf Raise
3 Plates: 12, 10, 10, 9

Lying Leg Curl
180 lbs: 8, 6, 5
70 lbs: 6, 6, 5 - unilateral

Standing Calf Raise
3 Plates: 13, 10, 9, 8

Seated Calf Press
225 lbs: 10, 10, 9
Drop set: 225, 185, 145, 105 at approx. 9 rep sets

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How are you adding that spinach? Wilting in a skillet? Steamer bag? Salad on the side? Just trying to get a feel for the meal.

Blending and drinking is the easiest but I get lazy and don’t keep doing it. So maybe steamer spinach is the easiest.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How are you adding that spinach? Wilting in a skillet? Steamer bag? Salad on the side? Just trying to get a feel for the meal.

Blending and drinking is the easiest but I get lazy and don’t keep doing it. So maybe steamer spinach is the easiest.
Haha nice rhyming! It was bag of frozen spinach cooked in a pan on the stove. Just some heat, garlic, and salt. Then I took a couple scoops and put it in my Burger Bowl mix. Quite tasty :D

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 21 February 2020

WEIGHT: 241 lbs

Good shoulder workout today and my arm seems to be hanging decent. I did, however, forgo the Farmer Walks for two reasons: 1) not to overload my arm; 2) my body from the lower back down the back of my legs is beat the **** up lol. I've been debating on if I will skip leg training tomorrow for my knees (mostly the left one) to get some extra recovery time. If I do go that route then I will sub tomorrow's workout with a "strongman" day featuring Farmers as the primary movement.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 3: Bison Bowl (sub 8oz beef for 8oz bison)
- Meal 5: Burger Bowl (+60g Spinach)

Notes:
- Good night of sleep. Approx. 7 hours
- Acne flare up appears to be going away.

GYM SESSION: Shoulders (60 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

DB Lateral Raises

Shoulder Smith Machine
230 lbs: 8, 8, 8
180 lbs: 12, 12, 9

Reverse Pec Dec (angled variant)
230 lbs: 15, 13, 13, 10
170 lbs: 14, 13, 12, 11

Unilateral Raises
40 lbs: 12, 12, 12

Seated Cable Front Raises - unilateral
85 lbs: 12, 12, 12
65 lbs: 12, 12, 12

Last edited:

DrChicken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
LOG UPDATE: 21 February 2020

WEIGHT: 241 lbs

Good shoulder workout today and my arm seems to be hanging decent. I did, however, forgo the Farmer Walks for two reasons: 1) not to overload my arm; 2) my body from the lower back down the back of my legs is beat the **** up lol. I've been debating on if I will skip leg training tomorrow for my knees (mostly the left one) to get some extra recovery time. If I do go that route then I will sub tomorrow's workout with a "strongman" day featuring Farmers as the primary movement.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 3: Burger Bowl (+60g Spinach)
- Meal 5: Bison Bowl (sub 8oz beef for 8oz bison)

Notes:
- Good night of sleep. Approx. 7 hours
- Acne flare up appears to be going away.

GYM SESSION: Shoulders (60 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

DB Lateral Raises

Shoulder Smith Machine
230 lbs: 8, 8, 8
180 lbs: 12, 12, 9

Reverse Pec Dec (angled variant)
230 lbs: 15, 13, 13, 10
170 lbs: 14, 13, 12, 11

Unilateral Raises
40 lbs: 12, 12, 12

Seated Cable Front Raises - unilateral
85 lbs: 12, 12, 12
65 lbs: 12, 12, 12
Sleep seems to be improving. Did you add the Magnesium or is your newer “supplement” mix lighter doses?

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 22 February 2020

After a solid night's sleep I woke up not feeling too terrible. After stretching and feeling my legs out I decided I was gtg for leg training. I'm very glad I did too because this was the best, pain-free leg session since my knee has gotten wonky. As part of a self-compromising, I promised not to exceed the weight/volume that I did last week despite feeling much stronger than then. Leg extensions did have a slight pull on the problem area but not at all bad and after lowering the weight a bit it was a non-issue. Let's hope I can keep recovering while still training.

Notes:
- Slept very well. I almost didn't want to get up haha

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 1: Replaced 100g blueberries with 100g banana
- Meal 2: Bison Bowl (sub 8oz ground bison)
- Meal 5: Thai House (Beef, Chinese Cabbage, Mushrooms, Carrots, White Rice, and Egg Drop Soup)
- Meal 6: Added 1.5oz beef

GYM SESSION: Leg Press/Squats/Quads) (60 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Leg Press
8 Plates: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Squats

Horizontal Leg Press

Leg Extensions (standard)
220 lbs: 12, 12
180 lbs: 13, 13

Outer Thigh
200 lbs: 16, 16, 13

Inner Thigh
200 lbs: 15, 11, 8

Last edited:
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sleep seems to be improving. Did you add the Magnesium or is your newer “supplement” mix lighter doses?
Haven't changed anything aside from my steroid mix. More than likely the Trest/Anadrol combo had a role in the poor sleep.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Whatcha spice the ground bison with in that bowl? And what do you pay/kb where you are at for it? 85/15 bison here was $14/lb today...that’s more than ribeye.

Also, we did pin squats this morning stopping about 3” higher than I would say would be good in a powerlifting comp. Man I could not believe how easy they were on the knees! Obviously not as much glute work as if deeper, but quads maybe even more activation with the higher loads we could use.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
LOG UPDATE: 22 February 2020

After a solid night's sleep I woke up not feeling too terrible. After stretching and feeling my legs out I decided I was gtg for leg training. I'm very glad I did too because this was the best, pain-free leg session since my knee has gotten wonky. As part of a self-compromising, I promised not to exceed the weight/volume that I did last week despite feeling much stronger than then. Leg extensions did have a slight pull on the problem area but not at all bad and after lowering the weight a bit it was a non-issue. Let's hope I can keep recovering while still training.

Notes:
- Slept very well. I almost didn't want to get up haha

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 1: Replaced 100g blueberries with 100g banana
- Meal 2: Bison Bowl (sub 8oz ground bison)
- Meal 5: Thai House (Beef, Chinese Cabbage, Mushrooms, Carrots, White Rice, and Egg Drop Soup)
- Meal 6: Added 1.5oz beef

Leg Press
8 Plates: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Squats

Horizontal Leg Press

Leg Extensions (standard)
220 lbs: 12, 12
180 lbs: 13, 13

Outer Thigh
200 lbs: 16, 16, 13

Inner Thigh
200 lbs: 15, 11, 8
Super jealous of that awesome leg day. The last two weeks my elbow has finally gotten to the point where I can’t squat heavy. Tendinitis has fully killed me over 300lb. Gotta spend some time fixing my grip or something cuz My whole left elbow is so achy my hand is shaking

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Super jealous of that awesome leg day. The last two weeks my elbow has finally gotten to the point where I can’t squat heavy. Tendinitis has fully killed me over 300lb. Gotta spend some time fixing my grip or something cuz My whole left elbow is so achy my hand is shaking
Try widening your grip, or raising the bar position. The lower the bar on your back, wider you will have to hold it to keep elbow pressure equivalent.

Alternatively, keep your pinky under the bar instead of wrapped around it with the rest of your fingers. Like you’re fancy.

In the meantime, high volume very light hammercurls with a slight swinging motion make for a terrific shoulder and elbow flush that really helps the pain. 2-3 sets of 20-30 reps with easy weights for you. This is actually part of any pressing warmup I do now it’s so easy and effective.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Try widening your grip, or raising the bar position. The lower the bar on your back, wider you will have to hold it to keep elbow pressure equivalent.

Alternatively, keep your pinky under the bar instead of wrapped around it with the rest of your fingers. Like you’re fancy.

In the meantime, high volume very light hammercurls with a slight swinging motion make for a terrific shoulder and elbow flush that really helps the pain. 2-3 sets of 20-30 reps with easy weights for you. This is actually part of any pressing warmup I do now it’s so easy and effective.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

the curls are exactly what I've started doing (after some reading)... the pain however seems to be because I have too wide of a grip and am letting the bar slip down my back too far, causing some elbow alignment issues that got bad when things got heavy. I definitely need to get better at keeping the bar on my back without having to support all the weight with my arms as that's the root of my issue I believe.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Feel you on the squat thing, bro. The rack is so fucking narrow for what I need to be comfortable. After I un-rack the bar I have to push my hands out further and when I go to re-rack I have to bring them back in. It's more of a pain on my left shoulder than the elbows though.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 24 February 2020

WEIGHT: 237.8 lbs

Had a solid back/biceps engagement today. Almost hit my 5x5 today on rack pulls with 6 plates, but the first set had me very light headed on the third rep so I stopped after the completing the fourth. As much as I wanted to say I hit 5x5 I much prefer not losing consciousness as it is a rather unflattering look. Best part is I didn't get hurt today! lol

My arm feels pretty good for what it is and my shoulder is much less tight and achy. Girlfriend has been working on the area a couple times per week and I think it is helping quite a bit. Also, I am making a conscious effort to not sleep on it in weird positions. Tomorrow is Chest Day, which is the most tumultuous for my arm injury. The goal will be to not irritate it any so I will follow last weeks format with very limited direct tricep work. May cut back a couple of sets on pressing movements and add in extra sets of seated cable fly. These are pretty badass for hitting the chest; I've been getting solid post-workout soreness despite the lack of benching.

Notes:
- Sleep was garbage. Took an hour+ to even fall asleep. 5-6 hours

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 4: Bison Bowl (8oz bison)
- Meal 5: Patty Platter (2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 6: Used 5.5oz beef (93%)

Rack Pulls
585 lbs: 4, 5, 5, 5, 5

Barbell Rows
315 lbs: 12, 9, 8

Lat Pulldowns
253 lbs: 8. 6. 5

Low Rows (neutral grip) - much better on shoulder tension
253 lbs: 8, 8, 8

Lat Pullover
71.5 lbs: 12, 8, 7

EZ Cable Curl
99 lbs: 9, 8, 6

Unilateral DB Curl

EZ Bar Curl
75 lbs: 10, 9, 7

Seated Cable Curl
185 lbs: 6, 6
105 lbs: 10, 10 - unilateral

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
the curls are exactly what I've started doing (after some reading)... the pain however seems to be because I have too wide of a grip and am letting the bar slip down my back too far, causing some elbow alignment issues that got bad when things got heavy. I definitely need to get better at keeping the bar on my back without having to support all the weight with my arms as that's the root of my issue I believe.
So you know the issue then is indeed to keep the bar higher so you can keep your hands a bit narrower and retain better lat control. If you watch old vids from the multiply powerlifting suit days, almost none of the guys had very low bar placement. If you want to hold 1,000lbs on your shoulders, you need to keep it balanced there - your arms can’t take that kind of load.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So you know the issue then is indeed to keep the bar higher so you can keep your hands a bit narrower and retain better lat control. If you watch old vids from the multiply powerlifting suit days, almost none of the guys had very low bar placement. If you want to hold 1,000lbs on your shoulders, you need to keep it balanced there - your arms can’t take that kind of load.
That’s exactly where I’m at. I can feel the strain on my arms even before the pain.

Gonna take some readjusting to get it to sit higher again and still keep my form. One of the major reasons I went lower bar was to keep from hunching forward and help balance since I hurt my back a couple years back deadlifting and then again squatting (over ambitiously) a few months later. Finally got comfortable with my form again and now a new issue and new tweak to form ha.

Getting old sucks.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s exactly where I’m at. I can feel the strain on my arms even before the pain.

Gonna take some readjusting to get it to sit higher again and still keep my form. One of the major reasons I went lower bar was to keep from hunching forward and help balance since I hurt my back a couple years back deadlifting and then again squatting (over ambitiously) a few months later. Finally got comfortable with my form again and now a new issue and new tweak to form ha.

Getting old sucks.
Perseverance

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 25 February 2020

WEIGHT: 237.4 lbs

Funny enough my weight is exactly the same today as it was a week okay. That won't be the case tomorrow though. Today is my dad's birthday so we had Thai House for lunch. I had Chinese cabbage with beef and rice as my main dish, but also had egg drop soup, as well as some sweet and sour chicken and mongolian beef that nobody was eating haha.

Successful chest day. I used last week as a guide as to how to approach it without getting any arm irritation and seem to be finding a sweet spot. It feels pretty good and not really agitated beyond its normal. While I am limited in tricep training the cable pushdowns felt solid today and seem to have hit the muscles well. Hopefully they attain some soreness to confirm this lol. Cut back a little on pressing movements but added a couple sets on other exercises to achieve same volume. I was stuck with the chest press machine as the only smith machine was occupied for doing the all important hip thrust exercise. Not bummed any as my pecs still got pumped. Quick pace today with an in-and-out 50 minute session.

Notes:
- Sleep was much better and got a good 7 hours. I did not want to wake up lol.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 2: Thai House
- Meal 5: Patty Platter (2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)

GYM SESSION: Chest/Triceps/Farmers (50 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Seated Cable Fly
66 lbs: 10, 10, 6

Upward Cable Fly
48.4 lbs: 7, 6, 5

Chest Press Machine
345 lbs: 8, 8, 8, 8
285 lbs: 10, 10

Pec Dec (angled variant)
250 lbs: 10, 10, 10, 10

Downward Cable Fly
40 lbs: 8, 8, 7, 6

Cable Pressdowns
66 lbs: 20, 20, 20, 16, 15, 15

Farmers Walks
45 Plates: 1 set x 5 laps

Last edited:

DrChicken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
did I miss the details on your arm pain somewhere?

Does it sit between your bicep and tricep, and get aggravated with pressing?

I’d suggest trying to switch bars.
A Swiss bar / football Bar are great options
If your gym has one a Cadillac bar is king

You could also rotate your palms during DB press. I’m assuming you’re pressing pronated or palms toward your feet.
If so try rotating your hands 45* or even 90* (so the palms are facing each other)

Also another thing that helped me is active release from a chiro
If you have access to a body tempering rod you could try tempering the arm

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
did I miss the details on your arm pain somewhere?

Does it sit between your bicep and tricep, and get aggravated with pressing?

I’d suggest trying to switch bars.
A Swiss bar / football Bar are great options
If your gym has one a Cadillac bar is king

You could also rotate your palms during DB press. I’m assuming you’re pressing pronated or palms toward your feet.
If so try rotating your hands 45* or even 90* (so the palms are facing each other)

Also another thing that helped me is active release from a chiro
If you have access to a body tempering rod you could try tempering the arm
It's an injury that occurred back in August I think it was. I believe it to be a very bad sprain and/or some degree of small tears/tendonitis. Unfortunately, it has left me unable to do any free weight pushing exercises without risking re-injury. Well not any weight of substance. I'm getting by somewhat okay on smith and other machines that don't require stabilization.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 26 February 2020

WEIGHT: 239.4 lbs

Kind of surprised I didn't jump over 240 after Thai House yesterday lol. Did a lot of errands and housework today. Walmart was short on my 93% burger patties so I took a page from Hyde and instead grabbed 2 packs of 96% lean beef. Each pack has a pound of meat which I cut into quarters and cooked. It turned out very well so I may start doing this instead. However, this would lower my calories for the "Patty Platter" meal by about 65. Contemplating on using this as an easy adjustment to tighten up a tad. Another alternative would be to add an egg as a replacement for the lost calories.

Notes:
- Sleep was blehhhhh. 5-6 rough hours.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 2: Patty Platter (96% lean beef, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 3: Patty Platter (96% lean beef, 2.25 x Sourdough Muffins)
- Meal 4: Burger Bowl (+80g mushrooms)
- Meal 5: Burger Bowl
- Meal 6: Used 5oz Beef (96%) (+80g mushrooms)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Or, is 65 calories the perfect amount to compensate for a serving of Light Mayo and a few of sugar-free ketchup??

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just found out Aldi here has ~1lb packs of fresh wild-caught Atlantic salmon for $7.50/lb. $0.50 cheaper/lb than Sam’s sells fresh farm-raised 2lb sides of Salmon. So that has been awesome the last week or two.

Cook a package, eat half with some steamer asparagus and eat the other halves tomorrow. Tastes much better than having to finish 5-day old Salmon because I had to cook 2.5lbs at once.

Cmseabee24

Cmseabee24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just found out Aldi here has ~1lb packs of fresh wild-caught Atlantic salmon for $7.50/lb. $0.50 cheaper/lb than Sam’s sells fresh farm-raised 2lb sides of Salmon. So that has been awesome the last week or two.

Cook a package, eat half with some steamer asparagus and eat the other halves tomorrow. Tastes much better than having to finish 5-day old Salmon because I had to cook 2.5lbs at once.
I can’t do Aldi frozen salmon taste way different. Their tuna steaks aren’t bad. I’ll pay the extra $2 a pound for the fresh coho so hood I leave the skin on and crisp it. Also sometimes they have artic char which is delicious as well. Aldi is hands down the best place to get everything though.