aging question?

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
soo iv been constantly getting nagging injuries slash cramping in muscles wayy before i used to never used to have this problem

also tired all the time and everything seems to hurt is this the sign i need to get blood work ?

im age 32 its very dissapointing as iv been naturally lifting for 15 years competed in strongman and it seems like ever since i turned 31 its been a huge downslope?

also went twice to gp for bloodwork both times theyve fukced up by either not getting a full panel or missing hormones completely after me telling them multiple times thats what i needed

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd get blood work. When my test levels are low I start pulling/straining muscles all the time.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
i should add recently i got hit in the testicles pretty bad and they were sore doing weird **** for like 3 weeks ... i got them looked at doctor said they looked fine ultra sound said no major issues.. but they havent felt right since during those three weeks theyd shrink all the way up during workouts then swell after thats mostly gone now but im worried that mighta sealed the deal on low Test or permanently messed them up

also trying to remember back to last time i did get blood work a couple years back i think test was like 240-360ish im not sure but i didnt sleep the night before

anyways yea not sure what to do

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got my first set of bloods at 30 for no other reason than I wanted a baseline to work from going into my later years. I'd say get it done- CBC w/lipids and a full hormone panel and see what comes of it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
soo iv been constantly getting nagging injuries slash cramping in muscles wayy before i used to never used to have this problem

also tired all the time and everything seems to hurt is this the sign i need to get blood work ?

im age 32 its very dissapointing as iv been naturally lifting for 15 years competed in strongman and it seems like ever since i turned 31 its been a huge downslope?

also went twice to gp for bloodwork both times theyve fukced up by either not getting a full panel or missing hormones completely after me telling them multiple times thats what i needed
wow...sounds like your doctor's office is incompetent...have you spoken with your doctor directly about the blood test screwups?

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
wow...sounds like your doctor's office is incompetent...have you spoken with your doctor directly about the blood test screwups?
yep its family gp so my parents are high on them but i keep telling them the female doctor is super incompetent i figured that out when the first thing they said to me was bringing up cholestoral meds ....
and this is the second time iv gone first time i went i asked for full panel didnt get it found out thyroid was high but no clue what as they only went tsh
also test was somewhere around 340 i think ?cant remember for sure this was 2 years ago and i didnt sleep the night before......i only went this time due to the testicle issue scare and the dumb ass lab missed hormone panel the entire reason i got blood its honestly a joke

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
High TSH is a symptom of hypothyroidism. You need a full blood panel. If in the US you can order it yourself online pretty easily.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yep its family gp so my parents are high on them but i keep telling them the female doctor is super incompetent i figured that out when the first thing they said to me was bringing up cholestoral meds ....
and this is the second time iv gone first time i went i asked for full panel didnt get it found out thyroid was high but no clue what as they only went tsh
also test was somewhere around 340 i think ?cant remember for sure this was 2 years ago and i didnt sleep the night before......i only went this time due to the testicle issue scare and the dumb ass lab missed hormone panel the entire reason i got blood its honestly a joke
in my experience you never want a female doc with anything hormonal, plus the bloods screwups i would find a different doc if i were you.

robshef

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Also think u shld look into hypothyroidism. Get the antibodies tests along with T3 and T4, tsh. I've been trying to dial in my medication for 3 yrs. My calves would cramp up like crazy, and I've pulled them both multiple times since I first started having hypothyroid symptoms.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
^^ so i got some of the results no test or anything however thyroid got done and my anti microsomal ab(thryoid peroxidase) number was pretty high

>1300

anyone have input on that

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Moderately high levels are found in thyroid diseases with hypothyroidism, such as Hashimoto thyroiditis or primary myxedema as well as hyperthyroidism (Graves’ disease). In the presence of abnormal thyroid function tests (TSH, T4, T3), positive autoantibodies indicate the probable nature of the thyroid gland damage.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
^that doesnt sound good

whats weird was only those were high the rest of thyroid numbers were in range

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
is it red flags when the doctor starts talking about cholestoral from the start

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
so talked to doctor on phone today..... starts off the convo with hello you have been diagnosed with hashimotos disease.... it ended up being a 45 min argument about me wanting another blood test to re check and re test
and when i asked for a full hormone test she says test doesnt matter and shes not concerned with that but wants to check my cholestoral.... also when asked for full hormone panel she said ok il test your total test number... in which i asked for a full one free test shbg estradiol ect... and she told me she didnt know why shed test a male for estradiol......

can i get any help or input here

robshef

Awards
  • First Up Vote
so talked to doctor on phone today..... starts off the convo with hello you have been diagnosed with hashimotos disease.... it ended up being a 45 min argument about me wanting another blood test to re check and re test
and when i asked for a full hormone test she says test doesnt matter and shes not concerned with that but wants to check my cholestoral.... also when asked for full hormone panel she said ok il test your total test number... in which i asked for a full one free test shbg estradiol ect... and she told me she didnt know why shed test a male for estradiol......

can i get any help or input here
Find another Dr. I've nvr been told I have hashimoto's but I am hypothyroid. Leading up to my realization and diagnosis my total cholesterol kept rising and rising. I felt if I got on thyroid medication my cholesterol would go back down. The first endo I went to wanted to start me on cholesterol med with my levothyroxine. I said absolutely not. My cholesterol went back to normal within months. My second visit with that particular endo was more than enough for me. There were some other things, but it was clear she had no vision and no intention of putting any thought into my condition and health.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
did you have the high numner of thyroid antibodies test as well?
and they tried to put you on cholesteral meds and thyroid meds the same exact thing mine did

robshef

Awards
  • First Up Vote
did you have the high numner of thyroid antibodies test as well?
and they tried to put you on cholesteral meds and thyroid meds the same exact thing mine did
I know once I had bloodwork with one antibody test, they seemed normal so dr nvr pursued that further. I actually am seeing a new alternative dr tomorrow and we ran them in my bloodwork last week so I'll probably know more soon.

sillycibin

Awards
Private MD Labs is pretty good and cheap. I think they just had a falling out with LabCorp so the website is confusing but you need to buy the Quest versions of the tests you want. They have a pretty good basic panel for $73.99. Also, don't forget you can use your HSA or FSA to buy your own labs.

Hormone Panel (MALES ONLY) (Quest Diagnostics) Test Details

Includes:
Complete Blood Count / CBC (includes Differential and Platelets):
WBC, RBC, Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW, Platelet Count, MPV and Differential (Absolute and Percent - Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Eosinophils, and Basophils)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile ( includes eGFR ): Albumin, Albumin/Globulin Ratio (calculated), Alkaline Phosphatase, ALT, AST, BUN/Creatinine Ratio (calculated), Calcium, Carbon Dioxide, Chloride, Creatinine with GFR Estimated, Globulin (calculated), Glucose, Potassium, Sodium, Total Bilirubin, Total Protein, Urea Nitrogen
Estradiol
Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
Testosterone, Male, IA (MALES ONLY)

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
got blood re taken wed sooo wel see what they did doubtful itl be what i asked for

has anyone tried doing blood tests for gut issues or viral infections that could cause the antibodies to be in the thyroid?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A second opinion is definitely in order ....

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there any particular reason you are refusing to find a different doctor or get the labs yourself? You can have the results sent to your doctor so you don’t have to interpret them.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
started looking for different doctors in the area after getting the blood work done for a second time on wed waiting on results

waiting for results but after researching a ton on the subject im getting pretty depressed with how high my antibody numbers were >1300

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
waiting on blood work but researched a bunch and gonna start takng TUDCA and pinebark extract

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
got blood work back
tsh 3.26
psa 1
DHEA 274
Vitamin d 44.6
TPO antibodys >1300
SHBG 40
Alanine aminotransferase 61

thryoid panel
t3 uptake 27.3
t4 8.0
t7 index 2.2

Estradiol 33
porlactin 10.2
fsh 5.0
LH 5.7

TEST FREE 77.6
total test 595

thats what they gave me

any input?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Always post up the ranges. It is hard to put random numbers into context, especially when labs use different values.

robshef

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm on armour thyroid, my antibodies test came back with <9 for TPO (0-34) and <1.0 for thyroglobulin (0-.9). It doesn't seem that's the cause of my thyroid issue. I'm starting to think it cld be related to my gut microbiome, etc. Will be working with my new chiropractor on this.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are working with your chiropractor for internal health?

robshef

Awards
  • First Up Vote
No... Idk where I live those types of caregivers don't exist