Aging Gracefully

irone93

irone93

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think about that article? Do we give up trying to beat PRs? Interested in your thoughts.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What article? I don't see a link.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
^ I'm too old for that. Not quoting you either you young whipper snapper. Get off my lawn! Damned kids...

Fine. I'll do it.
How To Age Gracefully

Somebody read it for me.

:afro:

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
^ I'm too old for that. Not quoting you either you young whipper snapper. Get off my lawn! Damned kids...
Dont feel bad, im still trying to figure out this app after the update from like 6 months ago. And Last time i got a new phone my 9yr old set it up for me.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel as I get older its important to keep stress lower, choose your bottles wisely, dont overstress yourself, even with training . In relationships its just not worth over a certain level of stress. Eat healthy, exercise, surround yourself with people who support you and strive for you to do better, and help them with their goals. Be Thankful for what you do have.

Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Awards
Don’t know the guy who wrote the post, but it sounds like a guy who has just gotten injured and is feeling down. I’m 64, been at this since 1967. Many injuries from football in college, running marathons in the 70s, 26 years of karate training( before it got turned into little league for toddlers) and weight training and resistance work the whole time. One fake hip, working to stave off knee replacements and hip surgery. I get where he is coming from. In 2015 I had three pins put in my shoulder and thought it was all over.

The key is being forward looking, not backward. Don’t look back at the old days when you “used to.” You know, I used to bench over 300, squatted over 400, ran a 3 hour marathon, etc. Focus on what you can do NOW, TODAY. What are you eating today? What you doing for your workout? Find equipment that doesn’t cause injuries and work your muscles smarter. I use bands for resistance and a schwinn air dyne for cardio. The air dyne is over 30 years old.

And don’t make excuses because nobody cares. It’s 4:45 AM and 34 degrees outside. My air dyne is in my barn and I live in rural New Hampshire. If I overthink this, I’ll more than likely come up with an excuse that I’m too old. F that. I can do whatever I convince myself I can. I’ll be in the target heart rate zone by 5 AM. The rest of the day will be cake.

Decent article for sure, but a little too morbid for me.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don’t know the guy who wrote the post, but it sounds like a guy who has just gotten injured and is feeling down. I’m 64, been at this since 1967. Many injuries from football in college, running marathons in the 70s, 26 years of karate training( before it got turned into little league for toddlers) and weight training and resistance work the whole time. One fake hip, working to stave off knee replacements and hip surgery. I get where he is coming from. In 2015 I had three pins put in my shoulder and thought it was all over.

The key is being forward looking, not backward. Don’t look back at the old days when you “used to.” You know, I used to bench over 300, squatted over 400, ran a 3 hour marathon, etc. Focus on what you can do NOW, TODAY. What are you eating today? What you doing for your workout? Find equipment that doesn’t cause injuries and work your muscles smarter. I use bands for resistance and a schwinn air dyne for cardio. The air dyne is over 30 years old.

And don’t make excuses because nobody cares. It’s 4:45 AM and 34 degrees outside. My air dyne is in my barn and I live in rural New Hampshire. If I overthink this, I’ll more than likely come up with an excuse that I’m too old. F that. I can do whatever I convince myself I can. I’ll be in the target heart rate zone by 5 AM. The rest of the day will be cake.

Decent article for sure, but a little too morbid for me.
Good stuff. Lppl at Dorian and Ronnie. Ronnies so bad off and Dorian cam only train with lighter weights due to too many injuries and body not being able to take it.

Id rather be able to do this a longer time and me within a certain size, than be a monster than lose it. That's just me to each their own. Plus I think i can get to monster status lol