Agamtine Glucose Lowering and Insulin Enhancing Properties

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
More info would be greatly appreciated. I've read the article on examine.com and the pubmed articles, but my question pertains to dosing agmatine if one is eating every 2-3 hours for a carb load.

If agmatine lowers resting glucose levels, this would facilitate a better insulin response. But how long does the effects of agmatine last?

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
8 maybe 12 hrs I think
So 1 gram of Agmatine in the morning and then another gram late lunch?

I was going to pair this with NARALA. Would the glucose lowering properties be sufficient if loading on 750-900 carbs?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If making my own GDA, I go 500-1000mg Agmatine + 150-300mg Na-R-ALA + 1 gram ALCAR once or twice per day. Doses of each depend on size of meal of course.

Would throw in Berberine as well but capping isn't fun and Berberine is horribly awful tasting (could always parachute though which I do if I do use it).

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
If making my own GDA, I go 500-1000mg Agmatine + 150-300mg Na-R-ALA + 1 gram ALCAR once or twice per day. Doses of each depend on size of meal of course.

Would throw in Berberine as well but capping isn't fun and Berberine is horribly awful tasting (could always parachute though which I do if I do use it).
I remember reading that berberine inhibits some glucose uptake which is not what I need.

But I have na-r-ala on hand and a tub full of SNS Agmatine.

I'm just trying to find out a proper dosing protocol if eating 4-6 meals with 200-300g of carbs each.

My goal is to lower fasting glucose pre-meal so that I will have optimal insulin utilization.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know Cooper recommends 1 gram Agmatine + 300mg Na-R-ALA + 1 gram ALCAR in the morning prior to a high carb meal and then if possible, 300mg Na-R-ALA + 1 gram ALCAR later in the day. If second option isn't do able, then upping the first dose of ALCAR to 2 grams will suffice.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
I know Cooper recommends 1 gram Agmatine + 300mg Na-R-ALA + 1 gram ALCAR in the morning prior to a high carb meal and then if possible, 300mg Na-R-ALA + 1 gram ALCAR later in the day. If second option isn't do able, then upping the first dose of ALCAR to 2 grams will suffice.
But this in the context of a cheat meal/bulking diet. Let's say a normal bulking diet will have average 400-500 grams of carbs. Assuming that's 200 in the morning and then 200-150 at night, with the rest interspersed throughout the day. This protocol does not take into account 200 grams being consumed each meal.

I guess the real question is, how much faster does this protocol bring back resting glucose to an optimal/lowered state?

I know that the half life of narala is 17-22 hours as per coop.

If we're looking at half life alone, I believe plasma is ~10 mins or so while CNS is ~ 12 hours.

This is examining spinal injection, so how that relates to oral consumption I'm not 100% positive.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15933157
And I know that narala reaches plasma concentrations in that time frame as well (10 min), which is why one should begin eating around then.

So then how soon after do blood sugars lower again below their normal point or to the point they were pre-meal with the above protocol?