Aerobics and strength training ?

Bob Jones

Awards
what would be the best time for aerobics? I like to do about thirty minuets ,
15 on the elliptical , and 15 on the the rowing machine. most of the time
I start with aerobics and move on to strength training. but now Ii think it might be better too end with aerobics.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
The best time is anytime you can do it. There is no window in which is more beneficial than another. Also note that heavy amounts of oxidative activity (e.g., cardiorespiratory exercise) will cause a structural and functional shift in your typa IIa myosin heavy chain isoform to take on more oxidative properties. This will result in less force production. If you are not training for a competition then the point is relatively moot.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are you using the aerobic training for? Cardiovascular health, weight loss, body composition maintenance, etc.

Try doing the 15 minutes on the elyptical pre-resistance training as part of a warm up, and then rowing erg post weight training.

Br

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what would be the best time for aerobics? I like to do about thirty minuets ,
15 on the elliptical , and 15 on the the rowing machine. most of the time
I start with aerobics and move on to strength training. but now Ii think it might be better too end with aerobics.
It doesn't matter when you do cardio. You can do 15 minutes as a 'warm-up' to your resistance training, and another 15 minutes afterwards. Or you can do all 30 minutes pre-weights. Or all 30 minutes post-weights, if you feel that it will negatively affect your resistance training. Whatever you feel like, and also when you feel it's best for you to do it. There's no "rules" on it.

~Rosie~