advice

fobstar

Awards
i am a 52 year old male. due to depression i take an SSRI. i am concerned this affects my free and total testosterone. i am trialling prime male and take an estrogen blocker
should i look at another supplement or after i finish prime male go down a different road?
i workout 6 days a week

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just my opinion my friend but you should probably start with getting bloods done.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
What meds determine the impact it has on HPTA
I have been looking at the pharmacokinetics of psych drugs for past sever months. Some of them actually cause adrenal suppression especially Seroquel is the worst. With many open minded psychiatrist we are not tracking the effects of these drugs on the cortisol pathways. We are seeing flat lined cortisol levels in majority of the cases. I just went through this same scenario as my cortisol tanked due to child hood PTSD combined with reactivated parasite resulting in aspergers going full blown to several impacting relationship. Finally getting my Dutch test back my cortisol was lowest it has been in years. I added adrenal support and was able to get back to emotional baseline in matter of hours. When cortisol goes off the rails so does your testosterone and e2 spike !! My therapist has always been mislead by being taught high cortisol levels, but now she is seeing everyone is Low. If you have past trauma a pill is not going to solve it, but looking into EMDR can. Now I am mentoring different doctors on how to resolve these solution by using deeper thinking into the underlying pathology they have over looked. Suggest getting proper labs done and be sure to include prolactin levels

Last edited: