Advice please, 29 and on Test Cyp 200mg every 2 weeks

RxAVAGE

Awards
I'll give the background as concise as possible. I approached my PC about lack of interest in sex, weight/fat gain, lethargy, weakness, etc. Blood work came back and my levels were extremely low(134) so he put me on 200mg test cyp every 2 weeks, I've had 4 shots at this point in time. I am getting my levels checked this morning to determine which direction we should go, eventually doc wants to put me on a monthly maintenance dose or whatever keeps me level once I reach a level hopefully we both are happy with. I feel lost in the woods here and have no clue what to do, any advice or input would be appreciated. Thanks.

napalm

napalm

Awards
First thing, have him break that 200 every 2 weeks to 100/week. Preferably 50 twice a week. You'll avoid the peaks and troughs of test levels: they'll stay at more stable levels and you won't be as moody as a 16 yr old menstruating prom queen.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

RxAVAGE

Awards
First thing, have him break that 200 every 2 weeks to 100/week. Preferably 50 twice a week. You'll avoid the peaks and troughs of test levels: they'll stay at more stable levels and you won't be as moody as a 16 yr old menstruating prom queen.

Good luck
Thanks. I'd like to and have mentioned it but I think my insurance will only pay for what I'm getting and I don't think he'd let me do the injections myself. The first few days after the shot are great then it goes downhill after a week or so. I started hitting the gym again after a very long hiatus and haven't noticed any results but it's only been 2 weeks.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Thanks. I'd like to and have mentioned it but I think my insurance will only pay for what I'm getting and I don't think he'd let me do the injections myself. The first few days after the shot are great then it goes downhill after a week or so. I started hitting the gym again after a very long hiatus and haven't noticed any results but it's only been 2 weeks.
Just sit him down and have some ammunition. Google trt injection frequency, or trt stable blood levels or something like that. Use google scholar and bring him some articles. And let him know that the first few days are great, then it goes down hill and it's all related to blood levels and frequency of injection.

Most (if not all) if the guys here on trt are on a multiple injection per week protocol and self inject. I sure the hell wouldn't be on the roller coaster ride that is biweekly injections. Can he refer you to an endo that's prolly more familiar w trt?

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

CaptnCaveman

CaptnCaveman

Banned
Awards
Like napalm said, take articles and research with you, and if he doesn't go for increasing frequency, ask him to refer you to someone more knowledgable on try. Or you may have better results trying to get him to prescribe androgel provided your insurance will pay for it.

RxAVAGE

Awards
So the results from my latest blood work are 407 total test and 88 free test, which is up from 134 total/ 33 free at the beginning of Dec. The blood was taken 11 days after inj at 10:30am. I'd like to be at 800 total personally. I'm thinking of making an appointment before my next to discuss dosing etc. like you've suggested. What do you guys think?

RxAVAGE

Awards
So, I got bumped to 200mg monthly. Doc says he "has to follow protocol" despite what I said. Any advice on what I should be looking for in a new Dr? Should I got to an endocrinologist??

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd ask him if his protocol is to destroy your hormones and then say goodbye. There are plenty of doctors that will help you and refer you to an endo if needed. You just need to look around. Avoid going to any age clinics.

BJE

BJE

Awards
I know my saying this doesn't help your situation but just for information my dose is 100mg per week and I divide that dose and self inject every other day. This gives very stable test levels.