Advice on blood test

kevker

Awards
Hi all

In the past whenever I did a cycle, I would just get my bloods done, to make sure everything was ok and that everything bounced back into the normal range once I'd come off. Never really played with the numbers as the doctor would just say everything is in the normal range and I was happy. Now, getting to the ripe old age of 52, and not having done a cycle for years I thought I would delve into the numbers more. But whilst they are all in the normal range, would like to get everyone elses' read on them.

Albumin - 41.6 g/L (note the unit, looking at what other people have posted on here I'm guessing that would convert to 4.16g/DL)
Free Test - 0.28 nmol/L
SHBG - 44 nmol/L
Total Test - 16 nmol/L

I anyone needs these in other units let me know and I'll convert.

Thanks in advance

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We need the lab ranges too because they can differ between companies even when using similar units of measurement. Your free T looks a little low and SHBG is on the high normal side.

kevker

Awards
So the ranges the lab are using are;

Albumin- 35-50 (avg 43.28)
Free Test - 0.16-0.47 (avg 0.38)
SHBG- 20.6-76.7 (avg 43.22)
Total Test - 6.68-25.7 (avg 21.2)

So as you can see my markers are lower than the average that the lab does, but what it doesn't tell me is if it's just lower because of my age or whether the average they quote is specific to my age range

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The averages the lab list could easily be completely made up numbers too. You're a little low but that is probably due to age and previous use of AAS. What were your LH/FSH? If they're high it means your testes aren't responding well to the stimulus.