Advice needed. Do I, don't I? Please help.

Gymmer8

Gymmer8

Awards
Hi All, I have recently had gynecomastia surgery 3 months ago after plucking up the courage to go abroad from the UK to have it done in Poland. My gynecomastia was unilateral and was growing for a number of years without so much as a piece of grit under the other side. I had done a course of epistane around 3 years before so I guess pH or anything that plays with my hormones is not for me so I have not touched them or anything similar since. Anyway, within 8 weeks a lump has appeared under my other side. I have been so depressed about it and have already had bloods done which have come back all completely fine and the doctor has put it down to idiopathic gynecomastia which has killed me. I am asking for advice on whether I should get some tamoxifen straight away as I can get this as soon as tomorrow. On one hand I am worried if I take it then I get a rebound and it gets bigger and comes back under original side as well as new side, or I don't take it and the side it has appeared on in last 4 weeks continues to grow even though my hormone levels are completely fine! Please help, I'm going out of my mind. I'm doing nothing to fuel it and I feel I deserve anything but this. Thank you

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hi All, I have recently had gynecomastia surgery 3 months ago after plucking up the courage to go abroad from the UK to have it done in Poland. My gynecomastia was unilateral and was growing for a number of years without so much as a piece of grit under the other side. I had done a course of epistane around 3 years before so I guess pH or anything that plays with my hormones is not for me so I have not touched them or anything similar since. Anyway, within 8 weeks a lump has appeared under my other side. I have been so depressed about it and have already had bloods done which have come back all completely fine and the doctor has put it down to idiopathic gynecomastia which has killed me. I am asking for advice on whether I should get some tamoxifen straight away as I can get this as soon as tomorrow. On one hand I am worried if I take it then I get a rebound and it gets bigger and comes back under original side as well as new side, or I don't take it and the side it has appeared on in last 4 weeks continues to grow even though my hormone levels are completely fine! Please help, I'm going out of my mind. I'm doing nothing to fuel it and I feel I deserve anything but this. Thank you
Take it easy my friend, whatever happens can always be fixed so just remember its not forever! Tamoxifen works on the oestrogen receptors not the production of it so there is not as far as im aware any chance of a rebound effect. If its your oestrogen levels which are causing then tamoxifen will prevent it from acting on the tissue of the breast. You say your levels are normal do you know if your progestin levels were checked also? I've heard this can cause gyno too. If the surgery you had was to remove the glandular tissue completely then it would be impossible for it to return in that side, if your not sure then check with the place you had it done to put your mind at rest

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Take it easy my friend, whatever happens can always be fixed so just remember its not forever! Tamoxifen works on the oestrogen receptors not the production of it so there is not as far as im aware any chance of a rebound effect. If its your oestrogen levels which are causing then tamoxifen will prevent it from acting on the tissue of the breast. You say your levels are normal do you know if your progestin levels were checked also? I've heard this can cause gyno too. If the surgery you had was to remove the glandular tissue completely then it would be impossible for it to return in that side, if your not sure then check with the place you had it done to put your mind at rest

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Take it easy my friend, whatever happens can always be fixed so just remember its not forever! Tamoxifen works on the oestrogen receptors not the production of it so there is not as far as im aware any chance of a rebound effect. If its your oestrogen levels which are causing then tamoxifen will prevent it from acting on the tissue of the breast.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't think there is amy risk in using tamoxifen and it could arrest the growth while you figure out what is causing it

Gymmer8

Gymmer8

Awards
I am collecting results on Monday as I can't remember exact figures, but when I went through them originally with doctor on his pc screen everything was within what it should be.

I am going to pick up the tamoxifen and just run at 10mg for a minimum of 8 weeks to see if it subsides.

Thanks for your reply mate, I appreciate it.

I've read a lot of studies where it was used with success on idiopathic gynecomastia.

Thanks again.

Gymmer8

Gymmer8

Awards
Take it easy my friend, whatever happens can always be fixed so just remember its not forever! Tamoxifen works on the oestrogen receptors not the production of it so there is not as far as im aware any chance of a rebound effect. If its your oestrogen levels which are causing then tamoxifen will prevent it from acting on the tissue of the breast.
I'm also having a phone appointment with gp today where I will let her know my plans. If I wait on NHS I could be waiting far too long to nip it in the bud and it may result in them saying no to prescribing me with it anyway.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm also having a phone appointment with gp today where I will let her know my plans. If I wait on NHS I could be waiting far too long to nip it in the bud and it may result in them saying no to prescribing me with it anyway.
Hope you get it sorted, i know it can be **** scary when your body's out of control and its something as visible as your chest there's a stigma attached but don't let it get you down brother!