Advice Needed (Cut)

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Stats:
6"4
weight: 185lbs
BF%: Not positive but guessing around 15-17% (use to be lower but have been cheating a little too much, and thats the reason for the cut)

Meal 1 (7:00am): 5 egg whites, 1/2 cup oats.

Meal 2 (9:20 am): 1 chicken breast

Meal 3 (11:15am): tuna, w/w wrap, veggies

Meal 4 (1:55pm): 1.5 scoops whey, 1/2 cup oats

3:00-6:00 give or take 15 min. on certain days: Cardio from tennis. Will be medium intesnity and good for getting some cals burned. WIll attempt to run as much as possible when I get the chance after. PLus weekend running.

Meal 5 (6:30pm): 1 chicken breast, veggies, mustard, 2 fish oil pills

Meal 6 (8:15pm) 5 egg whites, 1 serving almonds

Meal 7 (10:15pm before bed meal): 1/2 cup f/f cottage cheese, 3 flax seed pills

Totals:
Cals: 1929
Protein: 262g (58%)
Carbs: 153g (25%)
Fat: 33g *4g sat, 6g poly, 2g mono (17%)

Will this diet work for cutting the bf? Any advice/critiques are much appreaciated.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
IMO at 185 lbs at 6'4 cutting would be out of the question. A LB would be my choice. But you have your reasons I'm sure.

I am not the best with cutting diets pretty much because I never cut. But I don't like the idea of supplementing all my good fats (flax/fish oils/almonds) in the evening. I would supplement some good fats at breakfast. But this is jmo. You may have some reason I don't know of.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I know 185 is way to light for a guy my size, its just that I use to be like 230 and very big and did a long cut but the wrong way and dropped major fat but also major muscle. Ive recently found out what it takes to get good muscle gians with a proper diet but unfortunatly I had some problems in the past months and put on undesired bf in certain areas.

What I want to do wit this cut is just get as lean as possible then get some help from bobo to get my desired results (but before that Iw ant to get as lean as possible)

I really want to drop bf then bulk like CRAZY....

Sirius

Awards
Your meal plans look good for a cut...lower your bodyfat to about 12% if you have been there before..since you mentioned cheating recently and being lower bf before...then slowly increase your calories and put on some lean mass with a little fat...so lets say you dropped to 12%bf and 180lbs and then started to put on some muscle again with increasing calories and a bulking workout...and brought your weight up to 200 and 15-17%....then you'd cut again to 195 and 12% and cycle this routine until you get to where you feel comfortable with your build and size. If this sounds like something you want to try then ask away...and I'll gladly help you get started.:cool:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Ya the cycle you laid out is exactly what Im doing. I will be cutting from now until June and Im going to try to get to the lowest bf% as possible ( I want to get ride of the bf I put on like I said, as well as the left of bf that was there from my big cut last summer).

After I get to that point I am going to get in touch with Bobo hopefully, and then get the cutting program which I think will help me lean out completly but while putting on lean mass.

I just wanted to make sure that my plan from now until summer was solid. I wont be able to lift until summer because of sports comitments, but Im going to be doing massive amounts of cardio daily and Im gonna follow my diet perfectly (thats why its so important to nail it down).

I will stay with this diet (unless someone else chimes in and points out a flaw) and maybe drp cals in a month or two, but I dont know if that will be necassary.

Sound good guys?

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I'd get some fibrous veggies in meal 2. Looks good though.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you should add some carbs to meal 5...after having your HR elevated for such a long period, your glycogen will be fairly low which will only increase the chance for catabolism.

zodiach

Awards
I just wanted to make sure that my plan from now until summer was solid. I wont be able to lift until summer because of sports comitments, but Im going to be doing massive amounts of cardio daily and Im gonna follow my diet perfectly (thats why its so important to nail it down).
Sound good guys?
Honestly brother I would nail in your diet, but if you are going to be playing sports and lifting I think you are going to need more calories than that. I understand you want to lean out but trust me you will lose so much mass with this kind of diet mixed with your activity. I would spend some more time getting your diet in check but making sure you preserve whatever mass you have built already. I dont know what your long term goals are, but you are just going to go backwards jmo.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I wont be able to lift (except on weekends) until like late may/june. Once I am able I will be able to get bback in the gym. The only reason I have my cals so low is that I dont find my cardio all that drastic so I figure that I need to get some call deficite from my diet more that ussualy. If I start to feel tired or overly beat I will try to up it a bit. I also may have to up it to give me more room when I need to lower the cals due to metabolism slow down, ect..

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I'd get some fibrous veggies in meal 2. Looks good though.

Yea I would love to try and get more out of this meal, the only problem is that its beaten inbetween 2nd and 3rd period (4 minutes) so I already have a problem downing the chicken. I plan on switching up the lay out of the diet to put the whole wheat bread in this meal before instead of after my morning cardio.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I realized that 1900 was just too little and that it would hinder my progress rather than help. Heres my new split

7:00 am: 5 egg whites, 1/2 cup of oats, 1.5 scoops whey.

9:20 am: 5oz chicken breast, 1 w/w tortilla.

10:10-10:40: cardio

11:15 am: 1 tuna packet, veggies

1:55 pm: 2 scoops whey, 1/2 cup oats

3:00-5:30 (give or take a half hour): cardio from tennis

6:00 pm: 5oz chicken breast, veggies, 3 fish oil pills

8:30 pm: 5 egg whites, 1 oz almonds

10:30 pm: 1/2 cup f/f cottage cheese, 3 fish oil pills

Cals: 2146
Protein: 287g (56%)
Carbs: 140g (22%)
Fat: 52g (23%)
Saturated: 7g (7%)
Poly: 8g (4%)
Mono: 22g (10%)

the totals are with a TBSP of olive oil in it, I just dont know where to add it in yet..

This way I can drop cals down to 2000 1 month from now, then down another 200 cals to be at mt original starting point, instead of like 1500... :thumbsup:

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
In all honesty I dont think you should drop below 2000 cals, and even that is too low in my opinion. I am of the opinion that when cutting you shouldn't really modify your diet that much. I find what works best if your goal is to preserve muscle and lose fat, is just to increase the amount of cardio you are doing. Also, your diet can be restructured instead of simply cutting foods and be of great benefit (ie focus carbs around workout). My method definitely takes longer at at times you simply want to starve yourself because it takes a long time to see results, but if you fight through the urges you can succed in dropping bf and maintain muscle mass.
cc

I realized that 1900 was just too little and that it would hinder my progress rather than help. Heres my new split

7:00 am: 5 egg whites, 1/2 cup of oats, 1.5 scoops whey.

9:20 am: 5oz chicken breast, 1 w/w tortilla.

10:10-10:40: cardio

11:15 am: 1 tuna packet, veggies

1:55 pm: 2 scoops whey, 1/2 cup oats

3:00-5:30 (give or take a half hour): cardio from tennis

6:00 pm: 5oz chicken breast, veggies, 3 fish oil pills

8:30 pm: 5 egg whites, 1 oz almonds

10:30 pm: 1/2 cup f/f cottage cheese, 3 fish oil pills

Cals: 2146
Protein: 287g (56%)
Carbs: 140g (22%)
Fat: 52g (23%)
Saturated: 7g (7%)
Poly: 8g (4%)
Mono: 22g (10%)

the totals are with a TBSP of olive oil in it, I just dont know where to add it in yet..

This way I can drop cals down to 2000 1 month from now, then down another 200 cals to be at mt original starting point, instead of like 1500... :thumbsup:

Blinq

Awards
^^ just as others : bump the calories man, with morning and after training cardio you'll be able to cut up and spare ur muscle - that should be your aim. Also consider doing some kind of body recomp maybe?