Adverse reactions to SERMs

survey

Awards
Anyone ever had any bad side effects from SERMs? Also, whats the safest one to use? I see many people who use nolva but it seems to have tons of sides.

Eric160

Awards
  • Established
currently using nolva only 10mg a day tapered down from 20. no physical sides however the emotional sides were almost too much to bear at the begining. just felt depressed and like a little b!#ch over everything especially relationship issues hahaha. im not like that at all part of it could be from the estrogen rebound post cycle and partly cuz of the nolva. been on it 2 weeks just added 3 caps a day of erase and im gettin better. i guess its worth it if its gonna prevent gyno

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Lmfao I'm having the same problem

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
At least now we understand why the ladies feel the way they do LOL :D

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Lmfao right??? I cried when my store ran out of natty peanut butter this morning...

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
My co workers were like what the Hell is wrong with this roid shark

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
That's why it's so funny--exact opposite of the typical stereotype for 'muscle heads'.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Yeah.... I cried like a b*tch during a PCT once over... a bubbler getting stolen from my friend at a party at my house... OHY-f*ckin-VEY...

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Lmfao dude u just made my day!!! That's the funniest **** ever

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Jiffy just doesn't cut it bitches Lmao

survey

Awards
Thanks for the input so far. What is the safest, or least likely one to cause sides?

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
So far I haven't heard bad from torem. Not so much nolva till now.

Eric160

Awards
  • Established
how long is it ususally untill this emotional effect goes away after i stop the nolva?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Chances are the emotional sides are not from the nolva, its from being a low to no-test guy and having an abundance of estrogen, nolva only prevents it from binding to certain receptors, does nothing to lower it.

Eric160

Awards
  • Established
Chances are the emotional sides are not from the nolva, its from being a low to no-test guy and having an abundance of estrogen, nolva only prevents it from binding to certain receptors, does nothing to lower it.
is the abundace of estrogen frm a rebound effect after taking a non aromatizing compound for an extended period of time. would this effect be less present durring the pct of a cycle with an aromatizing compound like test

smt1

Awards
So far I haven't heard bad from torem. Not so much nolva till now.
I'd expect torem and nolva to be very similar overall in terms of side effects. Torem is just a chlorinated analogue of the latter, with that specific change made to reduce the risk of endometrial cancer from its usage (one of tamoxifen's metabolites can form DNA adducts in specific endometrial tissues).

See: hxxp://i.imgur.com/SweA1.jpg

Attachments

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Hmm interesting... Good point but I think torem has more of an effect on estrogen as for nolva just blocks it in some areas

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
**** id get more into but rushing for work lol will go in detail when on lunch

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Yes, there will be less of an emotional rebound when test is used, as long as the AI used on cycle didn't destroy all estrogen. My reasoning being that when you run a non-aromatizing cycle, you end up with zero test and zero estrogen (or close to it) while on. Your androgen recepors don't get hypersensitized due to the fact they are being occupied/used while on, but your estrogen ones do, all over your body they are primed and ready, so when you start pct, and start natural test up again, and some aromatizes (which is good, estrogen helps joints and lipids), the small amount acts as a lot more fora while until things rebalance.

this is one of the reasons I try and incorporate a test base into any cycle I run.

Eric160

Awards
  • Established
Hmm interesting... Good point but I think torem has more of an effect on estrogen as for nolva just blocks it in some areas
from my understanding a serm is a type of estrogen molecule that is not very potent and that binds to estrogen receptors (in breast tissue hence y we use it to prevent gyno) doing so it blocks endogenous estrogen from binding to these sites

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
exactly how a SERM works.