Adjustable Dumbbells - Leaning Towards Powerblock Elite

G

Gridles

Awards
  • Established
Looking to pickup a some adjustable dumbbells and keep coming back to the Powerblock Elites. I plan to invest in the stage 2 kit initially (up to 70lb) then maybe down the line add stage 3 (70-90).

Anyone want to talk me out of this or have experience with the Elites? Also, open to hearing opinions on other brands. Personally, I like having the option of going up to 70lbs and the reviews seem pretty good.

Thank you!!

G

grocker

Awards
  • Established
I've have ironmaster dumbbells. Goes up to 75lbs. Kinda pricey but worth it IMO.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've been thinking about picking up a set of blocks too. Already running out of space for dumbbells and need more!

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
The way plates are around here it would cost the same either way! Plus it's about space for me, I have a running bike and a project bike in the garage too.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The way plates are around here it would cost the same either way! Plus it's about space for me, I have a running bike and a project bike in the garage too.
Haha I hear you. If you get the powerblock they sell expansion packs. The feel of the handle is concerning to me

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Haha I hear you. If you get the powerblock they sell expansion packs. The feel of the handle is concerning to me
Same here. I know the commercial grade has a knurled steel handle but the others are rubberized plastic or something.

G

Gridles

Awards
  • Established
I've have ironmaster dumbbells. Goes up to 75lbs. Kinda pricey but worth it IMO.
Those look nice! Checked their website and looks like you have to win their lottery to have an opportunity to purchase. Next lottery is mid may. Was hoping to get something before then, but appreciate the input!

Last edited:
RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have powerblocks and I love them. I noticed they've gotten pretty expensive though.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Had them sold them was sorry later.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Picked up a set used (a good deal). I wasn't sure if I liked them before, but our gym has a set in the turf room.
When I used them, I really liked the feel of them. (Like center-mass bells, great balance).
A nice gym addition...

Attachments

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a powerblock (90 lbs) for several years. Great piece of equipment though expensive. My friend has a bowflex 1090 (90 lbs). It's alright; kinda lunky and plasticky feeling but does the job. It's on sale on Amazon.
But to be honest, nothing beats a quality dumbbell bar and weight plates. I have one; I can put upto 120 lbs on it.