Adding UG test with my TRT

Topher_ruiz

Topher_ruiz

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I just started my TRT but my doctor prescribed me 100 mg a week. I was to do at least 200 mg a week. Can I inject my pharma test with my UG test? I’m currently taking test cyp.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You CAN of course but I would suggest caution. Many doctors want to draw labs relatively quickly after initiating TRT to see where the initial script has you sitting. I think Drs are just as worried about putting you over the top, and thus potentially making them liable were you to encounter a health issue, as they are about the dose being too low.

I had this happen when I attempted to work with a local endo. I was on 200mg/week FOR YEARS, with a script that I presented at the appointment and he still wanted me to start at 200mg Once every THREE WEEKS, so <70mg/wk. I very quickly found a new provider.

Anyways if you add in your UG and the Dr. tests you and you are a little high, and a 200mg dose timed poorly/absorbed/metabolized funny MAY have you above the top end of normal or even whatever number your Dr. wants to see. The last thing you want is to have him reduce the script further.

Now a clever fella could simply reverse this scenario if looking to increase your script.....................just saying lol.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just started my TRT but my doctor prescribed me 100 mg a week. I was to do at least 200 mg a week. Can I inject my pharma test with my UG test? I’m currently taking test cyp.
Why would you want to do this? 100 mg may put you normal range and adding an additional 100 mg a week isn't going to have some profound results. The purpose of TRT is to keep levels within the normal range.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
my doctor prescribed me 100mg a week--i was to do at least 200mg a week...please clarify.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have tried this and it had the Dr. changing my script all the time and to be honest I don't notice any differerence from 100 - 200. Just my observation.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It’s fine as long as it is quality UGL test and you re not doing it anywhere near a blood test.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was thinking of doing the same.
Is D-S considered an UG lab?