Adding low dose oral Pregnenolone to daily LJ/TA?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I currently use LJ/TA on a daily basis without cycling and have done so for quite sometime and I have found it to be quite beneficial as a daily staple supplement. It has been posted that one of the believed MOA for LJ increasing testosterone levels is the purported ability of eurypeptides in LJ to increase enzyme activity (CYP17) in the testes, resulting in greater conversion rate of pregnenolone substituants into dehyroepiandrosterone and androgens. As such I am thinking about adding a low dose of oral Pregnenolone caps (10mg/cap) to back load extra raw material to take advantage of my daily LJ/TA usage.

I posed a similar question a while back when I first started experimenting with LongJack extracts over a year ago, however I never got around to actually trying it. I'm interested in adding some supplemental oral Pregnenolone use, I and was wondering what would be a good dosing scheme to ease into? I was thinking of taking 1 x 10mg cap every 3 days to start, and then maybe slowly working up to 10mg daily. I know many suggest sublingual and transdermal are better routes of administration for Pregnenolone, however I already have a bunch of 10mg caps on hand and would like to give this a try first as it is cheap and convenient.

Also I would like to know if anyone here is currently using pregnenolone supplements paired with LongJack usage? If so have you found that adding the pregnenolone makes a difference and has combining LongJack with pregnenolone helped to control/steer the conversion path of pregenenolone preferentially towards the production of androgens?

Would appreciate thoughts from Danes and any other experienced LJ/TA users and anti-aging experts.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I currently use LJ/TA on a daily basis without cycling and have done so for quite sometime and I have found it to be quite beneficial as a daily staple supplement. It has been posted that one of the believed MOA for LJ increasing testosterone levels is the purported ability of eurypeptides in LJ to increase enzyme activity (CYP17) in the testes, resulting in greater conversion rate of pregnenolone substituants into dehyroepiandrosterone and androgens. As such I am thinking about adding a low dose of oral Pregnenolone caps (10mg/cap) to back load extra raw material to take advantage of my daily LJ/TA usage.

I posed a similar question a while back when I first started experimenting with LongJack extracts over a year ago, however I never got around to actually trying it. I'm interested in adding some supplemental oral Pregnenolone use, I and was wondering what would be a good dosing scheme to ease into? I was thinking of taking 1 x 10mg cap every 3 days to start, and then maybe slowly working up to 10mg daily. I know many suggest sublingual and transdermal are better routes of administration for Pregnenolone, however I already have a bunch of 10mg caps on hand and would like to give this a try first as it is cheap and convenient.

Also I would like to know if anyone here is currently using pregnenolone supplements paired with LongJack usage? If so have you found that adding the pregnenolone makes a difference and has combining LongJack with pregnenolone helped to control/steer the conversion path of pregenenolone preferentially towards the production of androgens?

Would appreciate thoughts from Danes and any other experienced LJ/TA users and anti-aging experts.
Good post and its a good idea adding pregnenolone.

Make sure you buy the one which has bioavailability/absorption enhancer added. Or go for TD if you find it.
Good oral one is:
Allergy Research Group Pregnenolone 50 Micronized Lipid Matrix. Pregnenolone added to lipid matrix for better absorption/bioavailability.

Dr.Tambi also recommended Pregnenolone with LJ for even better effect

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Good post and its a good idea adding pregnenolone.

Make sure you buy the one which has bioavailability/absorption enhancer added. Or go for TD if you find it.

Dr.Tambi also recommended Pregnenolone with LJ for even better effect
Do you feel that my suggested dosing scheme above with Pregnenolone caps is a sufficient way to ease into or would a daily 10mg oral dose be fine to start with considering I am taking LJ daily? I'll probably try the subligual/TD route after I use up the caps I have lying around, but I want to make sure that I don't over do it on the dosage as too much pregnenlone can cause side effects.

Also have you tried adding pregnenolone to LJ and if so what dosage of pregnenolone did you find effective? Did you feel the LJ helped to steer the conversion of the Pregnenolone preferentially towards androgen production?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you feel that my suggested dosing scheme above with Pregnenolone caps is a sufficient way to ease into or would a daily 10mg oral dose be fine to start with considering I am taking LJ daily? I'll probably try the subligual/TD route after I use up the caps I have lying around, but I want to make sure that I don't over do it on the dosage as too much pregnenlone can cause side side effects.

Also have you tried adding pregnenolone to LJ and if so what dosage of pregnenolone did you find effective? Did you feel the LJ helped to steer the conversion of the Pregnenolone preferentially towards androgen production?
I personaly have not tried but I will definitely add 50mg pregnenolone next time I run LJ100.

Honestly, oral pregnenolone has very poor bioavailability so 10mg oral Preg will not cause sides at all.

Taking it with LJ100, I would go higher than 10mg and you should not be worried about excess of pregnenolone. Even if you take more than you need, the sides wouldnt be noticeable as you think :)

Pregnenolone is often added to HRT in Norway because Pregenelone can cause small rise in progesterone, and that helps prevent T to DHT conversion. Its not just good for T levels but it also increase other androgenic hormones such as the various andros, DHEA and others.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I personaly have not tried but I will definitely add 50mg pregnenolone next time I run LJ100.

Honestly, oral pregnenolone has very poor bioavailability so 10mg oral Preg will not cause sides at all.

Taking it with LJ100, I would go higher than 10mg and you should not be worried about excess of pregnenolone. Even if you take more than you need, the sides wouldnt be noticeable as you think :)

Pregnenolone is often added to HRT in Norway because Pregenelone can cause small rise in progesterone, and that helps prevent T to DHT conversion. Its not just good for T levels but it also increase other androgenic hormones such as the various andros, DHEA and others.
Is the progesterone increase from pregnenolone dose dependent? Also will the rise in progesterone be just enough to manage/control conversion of T>DHT in order to create a healthy balance in the body, or is it possible that too much progesterone can be produced thereby lowering T>DHT conversion by too much and allowing more potential conversion of T>E?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is the progesterone increase from pregnenolone dose dependent? Also will the rise in progesterone be just enough to manage/control conversion of T>DHT in order to create a healthy balance in the body, or is it possible that too much progesterone can be produced thereby lowering T>DHT conversion by too much and allowing more potential conversion of T>E?
I understand you have a lot of questions but honestly there is no need to overcomplicate it. :)

To say it easiest way, you will get more of your LJ100 run if you add a quality pregnenolone product. (50-100mg) daily for lets say 2 months with LJ100. :)

To answer your questions, 50/100mg preg will not rise prog so much. Rather giving you more healthy balance in the body

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I understand you have a lot of questions but honestly there is no need to overcomplicate it. :)

To say it easiest way, you will get more of your LJ100 run if you add a quality pregnenolone product. (50-100mg) daily for lets say 2 months with LJ100. :)

To answer your questions, 50/100mg preg will not rise prog so much. Rather giving you more healthy balance in the body
I do tend to overthink things a bit sometimes, especially when it comes to natural hormone augmentation and manipulation. It's a very delicate system that can easily be thrown out of balance. I appreciate your feed back and hopefully my experiment will yield good results.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do tend to overthink things a bit sometimes, especially when it comes to natural hormone augmentation and manipulation. It's a very delicate system that can easily be thrown out of balance. I appreciate your feed back and hopefully my experiment will yield good results.
Better to be skeptical than just throwing in the mouth without thinking. :)

Please let me know how it goes and send me PM anytime if you have any questions

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would be interested if you logged this. Even if u just gave weekly updates.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I would be interested if you logged this. Even if u just gave weekly updates.
I keep a continuous log on a spreadsheet of everything I do related to training, supplements, and diet and I make notes to myself as necessary. It allows me to go back and see what worked and what didn't as well as helping me to make adjustments and track progress or lack thereof. If I have time, I'll do my best to provide cliffs/highlights or maybe just do one giant post at the end after a period of 8-12 weeks.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
kisaj is very dialed in on DHEA and Preg use (with blood work) - maybe he can add some good info.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
kisaj is very dialed in on DHEA and Preg use (with blood work) - maybe he can add some good info.
Yes, I've read many of kisaj posts on preg and found his knowledge and experience on the matter to be very helpful.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
So I started this yesterday. Decided on 20mg pregnenolone daily, first thing in the morning and I will stick with this dosage for a week or two and adjust as necessary. If I let the caps dissolve under my tongue, will the Preg powder in the caps absorb the same as if I were using a subligual version? I figured this might help increase absorption/bioavailability vs just swallowing the caps. Once I use up the caps I have, I'll switch to a sublingual or transdermal form of Preg or maybe try all 3 to compare. Also does anyone know of a good brand for a standalone Pregnenolone transdermal product that doesn't contain DHEA or do they all essentially have DHEA added to the Preg?

Would appreciate input from kisaj if you have the time.