ADD/ADHD medication interaction

kiki123

Awards
Yo,
I was diagnosed with ADHD as a child and a doctor prescribed me ritalin,,, I took it for 2 years and the results were fantastic for my focus and impulsivity but I took it very quickly stopped as a teenager because I was starting parties, girls, alcohol, drugs in short, my first experience of life and it didn't go well together... There was also this feeling of not being the same person and putting mental barriers on me... A feeling that all ADHD people who have taken the drug know.

Thereafter I undertook my studies without medication with more or less good results... And I began to practice sport almost intensively. I have been practicing bodybuilding for 12 years now. I would like to point out that despite the temptations and for personal reasons, I have never had recourse to chemical aid concerning my hormones. On the other hand, I like to try all kinds of supplements that can help me achieve my goals.

20 years later so now (36y/o) I have decided to try ritalin again because my work requires more and more organization and responsibility.
I plan to take small doses (10mg AM/PM) only during my big days or for classes so maybe 2-3 per week on average.
I'm thinking of reorganizing my diet because I know that one of the main difficulties is to be able to eat well and stay hydrated.

But my questions are:

1) Are there any supplements that should not be taken at the same time as Ritalin? I think that everything related to stims and nootropics should be banned but for example I have CEL m test + AE + epiplex bottles can this have an interaction ? For test booster?Ashwaghanda? Cortisol inibitor? Carnitine? or others...

2) Maybe you have supplements to advise me to take in addition to my medication for ADHD.

3) Or other strategy to put in place regarding the subject.

I know you are going to tell me to first check with my doctor for these questions but I think there are few people who are in the same situation as me here who have studied it and who can possibly help me.

Thank you for reading and for your replies!!!

(Sorry if there is already a post with this topic but I couldn't find it. )

See you

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
consider getting a drug other than ritalin. you said it yourself it gives you mental issues. theres newer drugs available. vyvanse and adderall come to mind but maybe your doctor will have something better.

kiki123

Awards
consider getting a drug other than ritalin. you said it yourself it gives you mental issues. theres newer drugs available. vyvanse and adderall come to mind but maybe your doctor will have something better.
If you take a drug that changes the way you function...You feel a bit like a different person...I think that's the case with adderral and vyvanse too.
But why not try...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
When I was a kid my mom put me on Ritalin, it made me feel like I couldn't be myself. I really didn't like it. After about 2 weeks my dad noticed something was off and he took me off it. Never used another ADHD med again. I just kinda grew out of it I guess, or learned to adjust on my own. Hated that stuff

kiki123

Awards
When I was a kid my mom put me on Ritalin, it made me feel like I couldn't be myself. I really didn't like it. After about 2 weeks my dad noticed something was off and he took me off it. Never used another ADHD med again. I just kinda grew out of it I guess, or learned to adjust on my own. Hated that stuff
I understand... The problem is that to function as society and the work imposes it, I take a lot of stress even by having adapted to my way. For some things I work better on meds for others not. 20 years later I have evolved and I will try again and see the pros and cons...
And if it's not okay I'll try something else or I'll stop.