Adapting ligaments, tendons, and bone

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
When doing exercises that stress ligaments, tendons, and bone more than muscle what helps in the adapting process? by that I include both supplements, stretches, changes in routine or any other ideas. I'm currently using cissus and self massage of stressed areas, and they make a significant difference. I've just added a couple of supplements to increase natural growth hormone, but are there other ideas, including AAS that might help in this area. This whole area has peaked my interest.

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
Since you threw AAS out there, GH is great for strengthening ligaments and increasing bone density, and it also helps with repairing damaged connective tissue.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Since you threw AAS out there, GH is great for strengthening ligaments and increasing bone density, and it also helps with repairing damaged connective tissue.
yep, I'm interested in the whole nine yards. I suspect that even enhancing my natural GH will have some speed up in recovery.

:D

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
cissus and animal flex, microlactin, and any of the many OTC GH supplements out there.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
What exercises are you doing that stress ligaments, tendons, and bone more than muscle? I can't imagine exercises that would do that. All these tissues (including muscle) are being stressed with exercise.
You already have some good answers about what would help with recovery and repair.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
What exercises are you doing that stress ligaments, tendons, and bone more than muscle? I can't imagine exercises that would do that. All these tissues (including muscle) are being stressed with exercise.
You already have some good answers about what would help with recovery and repair.
Yep, it seems that I have discovered the answer, but that was just being confirmed by trial as I wrote my initial post. The specific exercise I'm working on is deep dips. I was use to doing the 2/3rds dips that most people do and a few months ago I decided to go deep, within a half inch or so from the inside of both armpits touching the bar. This, obviously, makes the dip into a totally different animal, as it feels like it's tearing the inside of my chest apart, at least until that area adapts to the new stresses. I did this in my mid-40's and became pretty strong at heavily-weighted deep dips. But my first try this time around last year was a near disaster, as my inner chest would not adapt (partially an age thing no doubt). I became so sore after about 5-6 workouts that it felt like I had gotten minor tears, and recovery took a couple of weeks from the last of those workouts.

This time with the cissus and the natural GH supplements recovery is fast and I can do a hard workout and be completely recovered to do another two days later. On my attempt a few months ago, I took two full days off, yet got sorer each workout until I believe I nearly incurred a bad injury. I also massage the area to get extra blood flow to the site with this new effort.

After getting good at the heavily-weighted deep dips 16 years ago, as I remember, most of my areas of chest strength took a big jump for a few weeks.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
I would never ever try to do extra deep dips like that. If you can do them without injuring yourself, go ahead. The fact that you seem to be injuring yourself or coming very close to injuring yourself should serve as a warning sign though. No amount of supplements or even GH will protect you from injury if you are trying to push beyond the limits of a safe range of motion.