Acetyl L Carnitine Powder - I'm little confused!

dudigrinfeld

Awards
It is recommended to take it on empty stomach and also In order for it to penetrate you should spike the insulin level so my confusion starts here...

If anyone can assist in simple way

If you take it before workout, how can you be on empty stomach, you can't train or exercise on empty tank!! Also in order to increase the insulin level you should
consume carbs so where and when all of this happening because right now it seems contradicting.

Please help.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Take the dose 30 minutes before eating your Preworkout meal then. Or have those Preworkout carbs 2-3 hours before the workout then take your dose 20-30 mins preworkout

It requires no insulin spike for effectiveness

braxbrah

Awards
I have it on an empty stomach in the morning with Alphamine, works great in a fasted state for me. Get up...chug that down and head to the gym and sip on BCAA's during cardio. Straight to work for the first meal of the day and then its lifting in the evening when ive snacked throughout the day. Definitely notice an added bit of energy using ALCAR with alphamine.

dudigrinfeld

Awards
I have it on an empty stomach in the morning with Alphamine, works great in a fasted state for me. Get up...chug that down and head to the gym and sip on BCAA's during cardio. Straight to work for the first meal of the day and then its lifting in the evening when ive snacked throughout the day. Definitely notice an added bit of energy using ALCAR with alphamine.
Alpha mine is vegiterian usually or can be not?

dudigrinfeld

Awards
Alpha mine is vegiterian usually or can be not?
Also if I may ask, anyone use both creatine and l-Glutamine in their daily supplement plan or it can't be done as part of dietary plan for both. I read they depend on same carriers and therefore using both will cause negative effect. That means those who take l-Glutamine won't take creatine and vis versa? or there is a positive way to cycle between the two?

braxbrah

Awards
Vegitarian? Just take that **** on an empty stomach bro and feel the energy, it doesn't contain meat or fish so you are good.

dudigrinfeld

Awards
Vegitarian? Just take that **** on an empty stomach bro and feel the energy, it doesn't contain meat or fish so you are good.
Tanks!! I'm going to

Would you refer to my 2nd question?

braxbrah

Awards
Glutamine and creatine are absolutely 100% fine to take together, I dont know who told you otherwise. They are both used widely across the industry and have been for YEARS. They are some of the most researched and studied supplements ever to exist. take creatine whenever you want over the day and the same with glutamine, both are cheap too.

Tee Dizzle

Tee Dizzle

Awards
Also if I may ask, anyone use both creatine and l-Glutamine in their daily supplement plan or it can't be done as part of dietary plan for both. I read they depend on same carriers and therefore using both will cause negative effect. That means those who take l-Glutamine won't take creatine and vis versa? or there is a positive way to cycle between the two?
Never heard of being unable to take both creatine and glutamine. Just take both and see how they effect you but in terms if them cancelling each other out, I don't think so.

I'm sure there's others who could give you a better answer with regard to the science of it all.

Tee Dizzle

Tee Dizzle

Awards
Glutamine and creatine are absolutely 100% fine to take together, I dont know who told you otherwise. They are both used widely across the industry and have been for YEARS. They are some of the most researched and studied supplements ever to exist. take creatine whenever you want over the day and the same with glutamine, both are cheap too.
Do you find glutamine particularly beneficial?

braxbrah

Awards
Ive never really noticed it to be honest but a lot of studies out there say it works, for me ive been cutting for a long time I dont know how much its helped me recomp and help cut fat as I use a handful of other supps also. I know BCAA's sure as hell work and thanks to sipping on them its really prevented muscle breakdown for me while others have not eaten high protein with BCAA's and they just turn to skinnyfat. A lot of people swear by glutamine though.

dudigrinfeld

Awards
I just got the alphamine
Here is the link for the contradiction between l-Glutamine and Creatine
I cant post the link since I'm new to forum but you can google and find it in "over blog" under "how to use L-Glutamine powder"

braxbrah

Awards
I just got the alphamine
Here is the link for the contradiction between l-Glutamine and Creatine
I cant post the link since I'm new to forum but you can google and find it in "over blog" under "how to use L-Glutamine powder"
I read that and they dont even back up their statement with any science. Google glutamine with creatine and youll find many more comments, studies and literature that says its fine. Honestly, you are too worried about it. If I had to pick one I would pick creatine but they are both very different and both have benefits. Taking them together will cause no problems at all, ignore that one article.

dudigrinfeld

Awards
I read that and they dont even back up their statement with any science. Google glutamine with creatine and youll find many more comments, studies and literature that says its fine. Honestly, you are too worried about it. If I had to pick one I would pick creatine but they are both very different and both have benefits. Taking them together will cause no problems at all, ignore that one article.
Thanks trust it what you say, I'm not too worried I just new and has no idea so I'm making my little research and learn
Thanks for that!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is recommended to take it on empty stomach and also In order for it to penetrate you should spike the insulin level so my confusion starts here...

If anyone can assist in simple way

If you take it before workout, how can you be on empty stomach, you can't train or exercise on empty tank!! Also in order to increase the insulin level you should
consume carbs so where and when all of this happening because right now it seems contradicting.

Please help.
You can take it on an empty stomach. You don't need to spike insulin levels to have it be effective. I take 500mg in the morning on an empty stomach, 750mg preworkout (I train fasted, which is on an empty stomach, so yes you can train on an empty stomach), and 500-750mg pre meal.

BTW, drop the glutamine.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The OP is correct.

You either need to increase transport like we did with OxyELite Pro Powder with the OTCN2 transport system or increase insulin.

Carnitine and doesn't matter the form of Carnitine gets into systemic circulation (in the blood stream) just find but it has difficulty passing into muscle cells.

You are better off taking it with your post workout meal or increases it transport by other means.

dudigrinfeld

Awards
You can take it on an empty stomach. You don't need to spike insulin levels to have it be effective. I take 500mg in the morning on an empty stomach, 750mg preworkout (I train fasted, which is on an empty stomach, so yes you can train on an empty stomach), and 500-750mg pre meal.

BTW, drop the glutamine.
Why to drop Glutamine??

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
The OP is correct.

You either need to increase transport like we did with OxyELite Pro Powder with the OTCN2 transport system or increase insulin.

Carnitine and doesn't matter the form of Carnitine gets into systemic circulation (in the blood stream) just find but it has difficulty passing into muscle cells.

You are better off taking it with your post workout meal or increases it transport by other means.
This is the first time i am hearing ALCAR recommended with food... if this is true then i am really confused...

flamini

flamini

Awards
Why to drop Glutamine??
Glutamine is a marketing scheme. All studies that show improved recovery were at an extremely concentrated intravenous does on cancer &/or HIV patients. people that actually needed recovery. I think it's an important amino acid but certainly not to supplement it. also your body produces glutamine