Accutane? Should I pull the trigger?

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Suffered from body acne for years and Ive tried pretty much everything. Regardless of protocol seems I have this issue. Even when I was low T/E2 as a natural.
Thinking about pulling the trigger and running Accutane, so I can put Acne to rest, the side effects freak me out. Anyone use this?
how was your experience? Was it worth it?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I did 6 months of it way back in my teens. No sides that I could tell. Liver values were monitored, no effect. It worked pretty well, but I felt like the 6 months wasn't long enough for me, it was still getting better when stopped. I feel like it pushed stuff out, so at the beginning things got worse for a moment as all those deep in under the skin acne was pushing to surface. Remembering this makes me appreciate the fact, that I haven't had pretty much any acne or skin issues for over 10 years. So when it stops, it stops. At least did for me. The accutane treatment was almost 20 years ago.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I did 6 months of it way back in my teens. No sides that I could tell. Liver values were monitored, no effect. It worked pretty well, but I felt like the 6 months wasn't long enough for me, it was still getting better when stopped. I feel like it pushed stuff out, so at the beginning things got worse for a moment as all those deep in under the skin acne was pushing to surface. Remembering this makes me appreciate the fact, that I haven't had pretty much any acne or skin issues for over 10 years. So when it stops, it stops. At least did for me. The accutane treatment was almost 20 years ago.
What was your dosage? If you remember

ironranger

ironranger

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had 3 courses of it when in my 20s via my doctor.
It helped but eventually came back, so only improved my condition, did not eradicate.
Side effects weren't too bad. Worst would be very dry, itchy ears which remains today.
What I have found that has dramatically improved my skin is rad-140. It cleans up my acne a huge amount.
It dries my joints out too, so possibly it's lowering my E2? Not sure. But it definitely helps a huge amount in my case.