about clomid...

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote
clomid alone ... if is boosting testosterone why people say that is not going to help with muscle gains , i just not understand

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
clomid alone ... if is boosting testosterone why people say that is not going to help with muscle gains , i just not understand
It raises SHBG and reduces IGF. Meaning you could have low free test, and low IGF. That being said, if a hypogonadal man gets on clomid, and it raises their very low test, to say over 800, then that one may experience what a normal male would experience in terms of gains. It's definitely not a good long term drug to raise test though.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Probably because the testosterone gains won't be high. If you boost your test from, lets say, 500 to 750, that really wont produce much of a difference in regards to anabolism. You need to elevate testosterone much much higher then that to notice good performance gains.

Now, if you raise it, as Valiant said, from let's say 200 to 800 you'll notice it. Especially if you add something for shbg, like arimistane for example. But, this is a very unlikely scenario. The 500 to 700 is what's more likely.

Also, use enclomiphene not clomid.

THEstudent

Awards
I think with Clomid a lot of it has to do with dosing protocols. Most people take way too much. Now like the others have said you need supraphysiological levels of testosterone to make those really big gains but a healthy upper range of testosterone will definitely help contribute to muscle gains just not as dramatic.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Raising testosterone just doesn't on it's own build muscle. That's like all the guys that use Andriol and topical testosterone prescribed by their docs. It just isn't enough on it's own to build muscle.

Most bbers use anywhere from 250mg-1000mg in their cycles, so boosting your testosterone level a couple % points with Clomid just ain't gonna do the trick.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, peaks arent everything and clomid "therapy" is still subject to the normal constraints of diurnal fluctuations. For body composition changes, a TRT protocol that resulted in lower peaks would still tend to beat anything relying on endogenous systems (obvious, but maybe still worth pointing out).

yeahbuddy555

yeahbuddy555

Awards
I used to be like you, thinking that I could make gains without shutting my test down by using clomid/ estrogen receptor blockers or aromatase inhibitors solo to boost my test. Sounds good doesn't work.

Clomid is good for refreshing your HPT axis after a steroid cycle, but that's it as far as bodybuilding uses go.
Estrogen goes a long way to help you feel normal, horny, healthy and happy. Block it with clomid and your going to be one unhappy camper.
People take it to get them back to normal, but that's it and many report very unhappy experiences and side effects while on clomid or nolva.
Estrogen is also anabolic in its own way, different to androgens but still promotes cell division. Often it's a good ratio of test to estrogen that builds the most muscle.
Sorry for the overkill but yeah, doesn't work. Don't try HCG solo either.
All the best.

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote
thank you all for your answers , now i know a few reason s that clomid is not good for muscle gains.