AAS and gut health + Diet Q

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ill try to keep this short...(try)
Finishing up week 8 of my cycle. Test E @ 500, NPP @ 400, EQ @ 750. About to drop the npp. Cycle was going great, still going pretty well. At the end of week 5 I was up 21 lbs. A little more fat than I wanted, but nothing too much...and strength increase has just been stupid...so I'll worry about the extra weight later. So I'm getting 4300-4800 kcal per day from my food and supplementing with 2 weight gainer shakes per day. 1 as a meal replacement and one I drink when I wake up starving at 1 or 2 a.m. high quality gainer with ingredients such as powdered sweet potatoes as a carb source instead of a ton of maltodextrin. ...this adds another 3000 kcal to my daily count.

So end of week 5 I became ill. First had to visit the bathroom way too often, followed by sick feeling stomach, followed by nasty lethargy. Up til this point the cycle had me feeling great. Happy and tons of energy - loving it. At some point I realized it seemed the milk I used in the gainer was causing this. Switched to lactose free milk and improved, still not great though. Switched to almond milk and even better. Still sick though...cut out the gainer and protein shakes (whey in both) after 24 hours-ish I was back to normal. So I've been playing with this and when I have whey I get nasty stomach problems. Literally overnight I developed an aversion to this. Could this be aas related? It makes no sense to me. Plus, now I'm about 5 pounds down from where I was 3 weeks ago...I'm having a hard time hitting my calories without protein and gainer shakes. Also not quite hitting my protein goals. I'm stuck - been drinking whey for 20 years without issue. I drink ACV 3 times per day along with plenty of fiber. I take great care of my stomach and really pay attention to it. Thanks for reading my book and I'm all ears... I want to finish these next 8 weeks how I planned and get joooocy!

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s going to sound like bull**** but you can develop an allergy or intolerance to things like nuts, fish, shellfish, milk, almost out of nowhere and late in life.

I have a friend whose dad found out he was suddenly allergic to peanuts after a lifetime of eating peanuts every day.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So, I guess you’re now lactose intolerant.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Da****it witch. I was counting on you posting a study that showed how nandrolone causes short term food allergies or something. This is going to be a pain to work around. Thanks for the response brother

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Da****it witch. I was counting on you posting a study that showed how nandrolone causes short term food allergies or something. This is going to be a pain to work around. Thanks for the response brother
Yeah I wish... I mean, if you were using orals I could have said something about the liver enzymes and bile being a factor but...

I mean maybe the genetic expression of EQ and nandrolone in the intestinal ARs is causing a new unfavorable response to lactose.

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Tldr

Shannon Sharpe and Anrold dont drink any dairy... they are manly af so i trust their judgement. Not sure if relevant to ur post but cut out dairy? Lol

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Tldr

Shannon Sharpe and Anrold dont drink any dairy... they are manly af so i trust their judgement. Not sure if relevant to ur post but cut out dairy? Lol
Lol - didnt know that. My main thing is it throws out an extra 100g of protein a day. Plus I have this delicious weight gainer that added 3000 calories a day to my diet. I dont know what to fill it with. Switch to soy and have to quadruple my a.i.? Ha! Pretty well maxed out on my eating but trying to get a little extra wherever I can.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear about the issues you've been dealing with. I'm not sure what it could be, unless the point made above by Witch regarding the new-onset food allergy is the cause. If you don't mind, though, can I ask what brand of gainer you've been using? Thinking about picking up a product to use during my next cycle.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I know swimfan65 likes ON Serious Mass with his recommended beginners’ insulin and test, anadrol protocol personally I think I’d go for the Mutant Mass stuff for a normal mass gainer or the ON Pro Gainer stuff for a leaner gainer. Or just grind up oats in a coffee grinder and put it in your shakes....

But yeah, Beaph, what gainer you using?

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know swimfan65 likes ON Serious Mass with his recommended beginners’ insulin and test, anadrol protocol personally I think I’d go for the Mutant Mass stuff for a normal mass gainer or the ON Pro Gainer stuff for a leaner gainer. Or just grind up oats in a coffee grinder and put it in your shakes....
That's exactly what I had planned on trying. All of those actually. Dont know where all "Complete Nutrition" has stores....just about maybe 3 notches above gnc. Lol, Anyway it's their home brand. I was surprised at how well it was made. Dont get me wrong, could be a lot better. But better than a lot. It's only 550 cals though so you have to beef it up a bit.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's exactly what I had planned on trying. All of those actually. Dont know where all "Complete Nutrition" has stores....just about maybe 3 notches above gnc. Lol, Anyway it's their home brand. I was surprised at how well it was made. Dont get me wrong, could be a lot better. But better than a lot. It's only 550 cals though so you have to beef it up a bit.
I’d just use two scoops...

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had a similar sorta problem last year. Added milk to my diet to get my calories up, almost instant violent diarrhea. Never an issue before.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Geez, didnt even mention. Same story with msg's. Exact same time...although I dont get much of that anyway. No problem dropping it....but still weird to me.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’d just use two scoops...
Lol...that is the 2 scoops! At a crapton of PB, oats, bananas....probably throw some choc chips in there. You have a delicious midnight bulk snack!

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Lol...that is the 2 scoops! At a crapton of PB, oats, bananas....probably throw some choc chips in there. You have a delicious midnight bulk snack!
Ohhhh. Dang. That is kind of light.

92B8A560-F7D6-4CEE-B547-281904E86AF2-16000-000013FAA88EE222.JPG

Here’s one scoop of pro gainer.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Same thing happened to me. One day I woke up and had bad acid reflux and stomach issues. Out of the blue. Long story short if I use a high quality whey isolate and only do 2 scoops a day I can manage it. Anything more and it brings back the stomach issues.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Same thing happened to me. One day I woke up and had bad acid reflux and stomach issues. Out of the blue. Long story short if I use a high quality whey isolate and only do 2 scoops a day I can manage it. Anything more and it brings back the stomach issues.
I figured there was someone else who had this kind of problem! What kind of isolate do you use? I've been using cheap whey isolate from Walmart lately so I'm probably on the other end of the spectrum. I've thought about ordering Dave Palumbo's isolate....gotta have something ....if even just for post workout. Working out and eating 2 hrs later just is not working for me

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Trained with a pro strongman who had been a whey drinker for over 30 years. Suddenly at 48 he started getting violently ill from whey. He was training for Masters Worlds Strongest Man and trying to gain weight up to 275 and suddenly he became allergic.

Switched to shakes made from egg whites, egg protein powder, pea protein powder, lactose free milk & Greek yogurt, and added another pound of red meat to his daily intake. 6500 cal per day.

Where there’s a will, there’s a way. Not a “whey” tho, in your case