90LBS to 230LBS to What now?

KingREM

Awards
Hey I’m just looking for some advice on what you would do if you’re in my position.

I’ve been training for like a year. I used to be naturally really skinny, I couldn’t even pick up a barbell without needing a spot. I was very weak. I never played any sports or had any athletic background so I started lifting from ground zero.

My goal is to look really lean and shredded. Not necessarily like a huge bodybuilder but more like an aesthetic lean physique.

Around the first months of my lifting I started taking sarms (I was sold sarms by a sketchy supplement shop owner and he did not give me much information on them or told me that they were research chemicals, I thought it was normal natural supplements, I just asked something that will help me build more muscle faster and he sold me a sarm stack)

I don’t remember the exact stack but it was like a 5 sarm stack, ostarine, rad, cardarine, s4, sten

I had no knowledge in what I was taking I just trusted the supplement shop owner as I was still new to lifting and thought it was all natural. It was kind of also my fault for not doing research into what he sold me either.

But I was able to go from really skinny to 230lbs. I also ended up getting low testosterone from the sarm stack and it completely suppressed me and my levels weren’t going back up. I went to the doctor and I’ve been prescribed to TRT for a month now. 200mg weekly. So I have a good supply of testosterone now.

The thing is I am 230lbs so I definitely achieved my goal of not being a skinny stick anymore. But I also gained a lot of fat because I was dirty bulking a lot. I’m not sure exactly how much actual muscle I gained in the process but I’m mostly fat and don’t look too good. A lot of my old shirts and pants don’t fit me anymore.

I want to lose a lot of my bf % and I want to have a shredded physique. I want to be able to have muscles popping out of my shirt and being able to wear stringers and not look fat. What should I do to get there now? Should I go on a big caloric deficit or just like a normal ~500 one? High protein and low carb?

I currently can rep 185 on squat and max is 225, I, I can rep 185 on bench and I’m close to hitting 2 plates on a PR for bench. I can rep 225 for deadlifts and my max on it is 315 for like 3.

I’m just saying my numbers so you guys can now my progress so far for just a year lifting.

What should I do now to lose a lot of my fat? Go on a caloric deficit? Wouldn’t I lose a lot of my strength and muscle too on a deficit? Most of my friends are lifting like 6 plates right now and I look really weak compared to them but they have been lifting way longer then me. I want to be as strong as them though. I’m just wondering on the next step that I should take.

I took a break of lifting as I had a lot going on but now I’m ready to get my life back together and I’m looking to fully dedicate to the gym. I’m also prescribed to testosterone from my doctor now so I think that can also help me reach my goals. I also know that cardarine helped me a lot with my endurance in cardio. I also know that ostarine can help you keep lean muscle and now I also have a testosterone base.

If you were in my shoes right now what would you do to get results fast?

TL;DR: Went from a 90lb skinny stick to 230lbs from dirty bulking and sarms. Testosterone ended up getting suppressed. Now I’m prescribed to 200mg testosterone weekly. I’m mainly fat right now because of the dirty bulk and I probably have a high bf %. My height is also 5’11. Maintenance calories is 2500. What would your next steps be right now to lose most of the fat and then to pack lean muscle to get a shredded lean physique?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I gotta assume your carrying a large amount of bf going by your body weight in comparison to your gym lifts. But diet is the key regardless. Forgot the numbers on the scale, start dieting until you reach a bodyfat where you look in the mirror and are pleased with how you look. At that point you should be defined and have abs.

So next, you say your maintenance calories are 2500, do you know that or did some app or plug in the numbers equation tell you your maintenance is 2500?

If you want to be certain eat 2,500 calories everyday for a week and the scale shouldn't change at all. If that's the case drop 250 calories. Once the scale stops moving add some cardio, when the scale stops moving again subtract 250 more calories and so on.

As a man I probably would not recommend going under 1800 cals. If you end up in that position you just need to do more cardio.

KingREM

Awards
I gotta assume your carrying a large amount of bf going by your body weight in comparison to your gym lifts. But diet is the key regardless. Forgot the numbers on the scale, start dieting until you reach a bodyfat where you look in the mirror and are pleased with how you look. At that point you should be defined and have abs.

So next, you say your maintenance calories are 2500, do you know that or did some app or plug in the numbers equation tell you your maintenance is 2500?

If you want to be certain eat 2,500 calories everyday for a week and the scale shouldn't change at all. If that's the case drop 250 calories. Once the scale stops moving add some cardio, when the scale stops moving again subtract 250 more calories and so on.

As a man I probably would not recommend going under 1800 cals. If you end up in that position you just need to do more cardio.
Yeah I already tested my maintenance on the scale and it’s 2500. I was thinking my best option is to do a 500 cal deficit and eat 2000 calories per day until I don’t look really fat.

Doing this wouldn’t I lose a lot of my strength that I gained though? After I reached a good spot and lost most my fat should I start clean bulking instead of dirty bulking to pack muscle mass?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah I already tested my maintenance on the scale and it’s 2500. I was thinking my best option is to do a 500 cal deficit and eat 2000 calories per day until I don’t look really fat.

Doing this wouldn’t I lose a lot of my strength that I gained though? After I reached a good spot and lost most my fat should I start clean bulking instead of dirty bulking to pack muscle mass?
Only time can answer theses questions, lla while back my maintenance calories were 4000 at 223lbs, so I reversed backwards over the months 3500, 3250, 3000, 2800, 2500, 2250, 2100. Something along those lines. Went from 223-183. 40lbs.

Strength dropped a lot tho. Bench went from 353 to 320, deadlift went from 500 to 400 but it was well worth it. I took pictures about every 5-8lbs I lost. The loss in strength was worth it for the look I achieved. Then I bulked back to 195/198, been getting another 10 unwanted pounds but strength is climbing back up. But I'm about ready to cut again. Unfortunately this isn't going to happen as fast as you think it is you're going to constantly be dieting and then bulking back up and dieting and bulking back up. If your 233 or whatever right now, I'd bet your going to be 150lbs by the time your bf is low enough for a 6 pack. Then you bulk again till 200, diet again and hopefully the next time you will finish with abs at 160, repeat , repeat until eventually your big and lean. We're always way fatter than we think we are. Trust me I've been through a bunch of times and I got all the pictures along the way to prove it lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You're a different scenario though, because you're pretty new to all this you actually might still be able to build a little muscle and maintain or increase your strength while you're dieting. At least in the early stages of your diet. But you already made the mistake of dirty bulking and putting on a lot of unwanted fat don't make the mistake of drastically cutting your calories. When you're only eating 2,500 calories per day a 500 calorie deficit is a massive cut

KingREM

Awards
You're a different scenario though, because you're pretty new to all this you actually might still be able to build a little muscle and maintain or increase your strength while you're dieting. At least in the early stages of your diet. But you already made the mistake of dirty bulking and putting on a lot of unwanted fat don't make the mistake of drastically cutting your calories. When you're only eating 2,500 calories per day a 500 calorie deficit is a massive cut
Okay yeah I’ll definitely take your advice. I guess it’s just going to be a long waiting game. I’ve always just wanted results fast.

My friends are huge though and they lift heavy and take a lot of steroids. Some of them had crazy suggestions for me lol

One of them said DNP would be good if used SAFELY at low dosage and moderation because it can be highly dangerous and I don’t think I would ever mess with DNP I heard all the horror stories

Another friend said T3/Clen + Test (which I’m already prescribed to) but they said T3 would take off a lot of my muscle too but it would make me lose weight and once I’m at a low bf% they said to do a blast on test and add a oral steroid and I will pack a lot of lean muscle mass

One of them told me I should start with an ECA stack too and that I can get bronkaid over the counter.

Aside of their crazy suggestions I heard that injectable l-carnitine could help me lose more fat and fasted cardio, injectable stenabolic, yohimbine, cardarine for endurance

I’ve also seen a lot of supplements advertised on here for fat loss like "Alpha Lean 7” or "True Shred"

I’m also prescribed to arimidex along with my testosterone prescription, 1mg weekly. I also have a prescription to modafinil and armodafinil for sleep apnea which I take on and off and I feel like sometimes they do help me in the gym and make me feel energized and stimulant energy.

I do want to end up taking steroids but I also think I’m still too new in lifting to be taking them so idk why they are suggesting me that because they are gym veterans and they lift the most weight in my powerlifting gym. What’s your opinion on that? Should I just stick to the natural way until I get more experience with training and dieting?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Okay yeah I’ll definitely take your advice. I guess it’s just going to be a long waiting game. I’ve always just wanted results fast.

My friends are huge though and they lift heavy and take a lot of steroids. Some of them had crazy suggestions for me lol

One of them said DNP would be good if used SAFELY at low dosage and moderation because it can be highly dangerous and I don’t think I would ever mess with DNP I heard all the horror stories

Another friend said T3/Clen + Test (which I’m already prescribed to) but they said T3 would take off a lot of my muscle too but it would make me lose weight and once I’m at a low bf% they said to do a blast on test and add a oral steroid and I will pack a lot of lean muscle mass

One of them told me I should start with an ECA stack too and that I can get bronkaid over the counter.

Aside of their crazy suggestions I heard that injectable l-carnitine could help me lose more fat and fasted cardio, injectable stenabolic, yohimbine, cardarine for endurance

I’ve also seen a lot of supplements advertised on here for fat loss like "Alpha Lean 7” or "True Shred"

I’m also prescribed to arimidex along with my testosterone prescription, 1mg weekly. I also have a prescription to modafinil and armodafinil for sleep apnea which I take on and off and I feel like sometimes they do help me in the gym and make me feel energized and stimulant energy.

I do want to end up taking steroids but I also think I’m still too new in lifting to be taking them so idk why they are suggesting me that because they are gym veterans and they lift the most weight in my powerlifting gym. What’s your opinion on that? Should I just stick to the natural way until I get more experience with training and dieting?
Dnp=bad idea, there's just a lot of stuff that can go wrong.

Clen and t3 are something I would use when I've dieted till I was super lean and I need to get leaner but I can't reduce food any more. I wouldn't even start clan or t3 until I was full set of six pack abs in veins popping out everywhere because that's about the only time you need it is if you need to get leaner than that.

T3 also makes you weak and loose muscle unless your on a cycle.

Even with steroids, results are made in the kitchen, they really are. My trt is 150mg per week and I use 300mg L Carnitine along side it. I use the carnitine pre workout and you need to take some carbs after you take l Carnitine in order for the carnitine to work properly. Injectable carnitine though, the oral doesn't do anything noticeable. These pictures are the results of dieting while on trt. No fat burners, no clen, no t3, no dnp.

First picture is at 223lb around 20-22%bf
1590194723778_3.jpeg

This one 205lb around 15% bf
IMG_20220218_104606727.jpg

Last 2 pictures are 181-183lbs about 10% bf
IMG_20211203_075748114~3.jpg
Resized_20211123_155052~5.jpg

Where I'm at in these last 2 pictures is about when I would add clen and t3 if I needed to get leaner.

My reasoning for showing all this is because when I started this diet I thought I needed to loose about 15lbs to get ripped, and what I thought was 15 lb ended up being 40 lb

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
To add a little more context I finished that around November 24th I believe. Now I'm back up to 205 and it's time for diet again. I'm actually about to start using a non stimulant fat burner that one of the board sponsor sent me to try out and I'm going to start a log on this forum doing a diet transformation while using there product. It might be helpful for you to check it out. I should be starting it in a couple days

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Should I just stick to the natural way until I get more experience with training and dieting?
Yep!

You also need to know what the steroids will be doing to your system. You need blood work (post your results here so you can get help interpretting the numbers). You need to learn about possible sides, how to spot them, and how to respond to them. And you need a PCT on hand and know how to use it when/if the time comes.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yep!

You also need to know what the steroids will be doing to your system. You need blood work (post your results here so you can get help interpretting the numbers). You need to learn about possible sides, how to spot them, and how to respond to them. And you need a PCT on hand and know how to use it when/if the time comes.
He got a Dr. To prescribe him trt so he's probably not coming off. I also got to assume the doctor is going to be making him do blood work on a regular basis. Unless you went through one of those trt clinics then I don't think they do it as often or maybe you have to pay for it every time you want it done I'm not exactly sure how it works in the clinics

KingREM

Awards
He got a Dr. To prescribe him trt so he's probably not coming off. I also got to assume the doctor is going to be making him do blood work on a regular basis. Unless you went through one of those trt clinics then I don't think they do it as often or maybe you have to pay for it every time you want it done I'm not exactly sure how it works in the clinics
Yeah I already know everything about blood work. I had high hemoglobin but I was told to donate blood to fix that and I did donate blood already. I also am prescribed to arimidex for the estrogen. I also was told about the TRT sides like not being able to have kids unless medical measures are taken which I’m fine with that.

I’m looking at your progress pictures. How long did it take to go from the first picture to the second picture? That’s pretty good progress for just TRT.

Yeah I think I’ll just try to get there just with TRT and once I’m really lean and at a good place I think I can try steroids to even look better.

KingREM

Awards
Yep!

Yeah my lifting friends already told me a lot of steroids and how they work and everything. I’m also not going to PCT for testosterone as I’m prescribed to TRT, injecting 200mg weekly for life.

I also watch more plates more dates videos on YT which I found to be educational on steroids and I’ve also read through a lot of the forums on here

KingREM

Awards
To add a little more context I finished that around November 24th I believe. Now I'm back up to 205 and it's time for diet again. I'm actually about to start using a non stimulant fat burner that one of the board sponsor sent me to try out and I'm going to start a log on this forum doing a diet transformation while using there product. It might be helpful for you to check it out. I should be starting it in a couple days
I’ll definitely check it out

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
love my beanie for neck workouts. I use it as a pad for the plate I rest on my forehead
Ya but the guy in the photo doesn't actually work out. He just gets dressed up and goes to the gym to tan and take selfies and talk about sarms. I always use to wear a beanie with a sweat suit, or even with sweat pants and a Tshirt. But benie with a string tank top and basketball shorts. He looks crazy

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah I already know everything about blood work. I had high hemoglobin but I was told to donate blood to fix that and I did donate blood already. I also am prescribed to arimidex for the estrogen. I also was told about the TRT sides like not being able to have kids unless medical measures are taken which I’m fine with that.

I’m looking at your progress pictures. How long did it take to go from the first picture to the second picture? That’s pretty good progress for just TRT.

Yeah I think I’ll just try to get there just with TRT and once I’m really lean and at a good place I think I can try steroids to even look better.
It was over the course of a year because bulked and cut 3 times each but the difference from 205 to 183 was my last cut and took 10 weeks total I believe. I typically try to lose 1 lb per week but at that time I went 2 lb per week and I probably lost a little bit of muscle because of it.

I've done similar cuts in the past without taking anything, it just so happens that I'm on trt it doesn't play a huge role the diet is what plays a huge role. Now cutting from where I was at at 183 if I wanted to get leaner than that the trt actually would become more beneficial because when you get super lean your testosterone levels start to drop and being on trt they won't drop.

I also don't donate blood ever unless I absolutely have to. I can usually get my numbers down through diet and cardio and some over-the-counter supplements. A lot of performance enhancement benefits come from having that elevated red blood cell count. But there's a difference between having it slightly elevated and having it extremely elevated. I'm not recommending you do what I do save that advice for your doctor. I was just talking about my experiences and what I do.

Steroids and hormones absolutely work, but they don't work as good as people like to make them out to be and with a crappy diet they don't do much at all. In the picture at 223 where I'm fat I was on a full-blown steroid cycle, it was probably the most gear I've ever used too. I was trying to gain as much weight and as much strength as possible because I was going for strength PRS on the bench press and the deadlift and it worked but I turned into a fat mess in the process. So don't think you can take steroids and eat garbage because you'll still look like garbage take it for me lol.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah my lifting friends already told me a lot of steroids and how they work and everything. I’m also not going to PCT for testosterone as I’m prescribed to TRT, injecting 200mg weekly for life.

I also watch more plates more dates videos on YT which I found to be educational on steroids and I’ve also read through a lot of the forums on here
The more plates more dates guy has a good base of knowledge to learn a bunch of stuff, but he owns a trt clinic and he makes trt sound way more beneficial than it really is for building muscle so keep that in mind he likes to sensationalize it

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Soooo, I dont know why everyone seems to think if you go on trt you become infertile. It's bullshit. If you were already infertile or had low sperm count then yes trt is going to make that harder. But if your fertility was fine before trt it's probably going to remain fine and even if it doesn't, a couple shots of hcg and so.e clomid will fix the problem for the majority of people. I got buddies with multiple children that have been using steroids for like 20yrs.

Heck, just look at all the professional bodybuilders with kids. Guys get there girlfriends pregnant while on full blown cycles with tren and everything else.

Not a issue

manbeast1

manbeast1

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey I’m just looking for some advice on what you would do if you’re in my position.

I’ve been training for like a year. I used to be naturally really skinny, I couldn’t even pick up a barbell without needing a spot. I was very weak. I never played any sports or had any athletic background so I started lifting from ground zero.

My goal is to look really lean and shredded. Not necessarily like a huge bodybuilder but more like an aesthetic lean physique.

Around the first months of my lifting I started taking sarms (I was sold sarms by a sketchy supplement shop owner and he did not give me much information on them or told me that they were research chemicals, I thought it was normal natural supplements, I just asked something that will help me build more muscle faster and he sold me a sarm stack)

I don’t remember the exact stack but it was like a 5 sarm stack, ostarine, rad, cardarine, s4, sten

I had no knowledge in what I was taking I just trusted the supplement shop owner as I was still new to lifting and thought it was all natural. It was kind of also my fault for not doing research into what he sold me either.

But I was able to go from really skinny to 230lbs. I also ended up getting low testosterone from the sarm stack and it completely suppressed me and my levels weren’t going back up. I went to the doctor and I’ve been prescribed to TRT for a month now. 200mg weekly. So I have a good supply of testosterone now.

The thing is I am 230lbs so I definitely achieved my goal of not being a skinny stick anymore. But I also gained a lot of fat because I was dirty bulking a lot. I’m not sure exactly how much actual muscle I gained in the process but I’m mostly fat and don’t look too good. A lot of my old shirts and pants don’t fit me anymore.

I want to lose a lot of my bf % and I want to have a shredded physique. I want to be able to have muscles popping out of my shirt and being able to wear stringers and not look fat. What should I do to get there now? Should I go on a big caloric deficit or just like a normal ~500 one? High protein and low carb?

I currently can rep 185 on squat and max is 225, I, I can rep 185 on bench and I’m close to hitting 2 plates on a PR for bench. I can rep 225 for deadlifts and my max on it is 315 for like 3.

I’m just saying my numbers so you guys can now my progress so far for just a year lifting.

What should I do now to lose a lot of my fat? Go on a caloric deficit? Wouldn’t I lose a lot of my strength and muscle too on a deficit? Most of my friends are lifting like 6 plates right now and I look really weak compared to them but they have been lifting way longer then me. I want to be as strong as them though. I’m just wondering on the next step that I should take.

I took a break of lifting as I had a lot going on but now I’m ready to get my life back together and I’m looking to fully dedicate to the gym. I’m also prescribed to testosterone from my doctor now so I think that can also help me reach my goals. I also know that cardarine helped me a lot with my endurance in cardio. I also know that ostarine can help you keep lean muscle and now I also have a testosterone base.

If you were in my shoes right now what would you do to get results fast?

TL;DR: Went from a 90lb skinny stick to 230lbs from dirty bulking and sarms. Testosterone ended up getting suppressed. Now I’m prescribed to 200mg testosterone weekly. I’m mainly fat right now because of the dirty bulk and I probably have a high bf %. My height is also 5’11. Maintenance calories is 2500. What would your next steps be right now to lose most of the fat and then to pack lean muscle to get a shredded lean physique?
You need to dial in the diet more then looking at supplements.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Soooo, I dont know why everyone seems to think if you go on trt you become infertile. It's bullshit. If you were already infertile or had low sperm count then yes trt is going to make that harder. But if your fertility was fine before trt it's probably going to remain fine and even if it doesn't, a couple shots of hcg and so.e clomid will fix the problem for the majority of people. I got buddies with multiple children that have been using steroids for like 20yrs.

Heck, just look at all the professional bodybuilders with kids. Guys get there girlfriends pregnant while on full blown cycles with tren and everything else.

Not a issue
my understanding is it's different for everyone. I've heard some people fully shut down from their first cycle and PCT doesn't work

manbeast1

manbeast1

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Not a issue
My wife got pregnant when I was on epi and some other bs. Maybe that’s why my daughter is a freaky strong now lol.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
my understanding is it's different for everyone. I've heard some people fully shut down from their first cycle and PCT doesn't work
Extremely rare but yes that's true. But generally speaking that dosent happen.

Every single thing about gear use can be different for everyone but we have things that are typically applied to everyone. Il give you a odd example. Typically when you use steroids your natural testosterone production shuts down because your body is getting this signal that it has hormones present and does not need to produce more. Some ppl this happens immediately, others it takes some time, and some ppl it never fully happens too. I don't fully understand it because as far as I know the information is not really out there but There body sees the testosterone as part of its own. The testicles continue to function and don't atrophy.
This is me, I'm not on trt because I need testosterone, im on it out of convenience because I do not like the ups and downs of going on and off for cycles. I don't like things like nolva or clomid when I'm not on testosterone because they make me feel kinda crappy.

So after working with someone ( basically I had a Dr check my bloodwork a few times) and figuring out that 150mg keeps me at my normal testosterone levels I decided to stay on that year round and run a cycle twice a year or basically that's what it's worked out to so far.

So I'm going on about 2.5 years straight with testosterone in my system and testicles are full size.

I have friends who as soon as they start a cycle testicles are raisins

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I know I have a problem with being too overly detailed and rambling, I'm working on that lol. Sorry

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I know I have a problem with being too overly detailed and rambling, I'm working on that lol. Sorry
Don't change a thing man, anyone who doesn't like it can skim or skip past. The rest of us are happy to read what you have to share.

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Getting your diet dialed in is 90% of your challenge. Don't be that guy who thinks he's eating 2500 calories, but is really eating 3500 calories. Don't let yourself bullshit yourself. Standing on a scale every morning will be your bullshit check. It's also helpful to do even a simple three-point body fat caliper check once a month or so, but since the caliper can be used inconsistently, the truth will be found on the scale, and maybe not with the the calipers.

235lbs on the left at 5'10" and over 20% bodyfat @ 50 years old. 200lbs on the right at about 13% bodyfat @ 52 years old. TrT, and one four month long cycle of 400 Test C. with some LGD4033 sprinkled on top happened somewhere in between those two pics. Two year transformation, but slow and steady wins the race.

Attachments