Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube;mOsqY45oM84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOsqY45oM84[/video]

Your thoughts?

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
What's the ceremony about? Isn't it about the friends, family and fellow Americans that were lost? Shouldn't their friends and loved ones be at the ceremony? Thats like saying my family can't go to my dad's funeral! I'm fuming right now!

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
What's the ceremony about? Isn't it about the friends, family and fellow Americans that were lost? Shouldn't their friends and loved ones be at the ceremony? Thats like saying my family can't go to my dad's funeral! I'm fuming right now!
100%. Where's the ****ing humanity

vinnythestick

vinnythestick

Awards
Nice avatar Jessep. I should put up a Venture Bros. avatar lol.

Honestly, this isn't a day to be angry. Whether or not someone dropped the ball, I just want to throw up a prayer for everyone affected 10 years ago today. I live in brooklyn so I plan on heading down there, if anybody wants me to say anything for them just let me know.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Nice avatar Jessep. I should put up a Venture Bros. avatar lol.

Honestly, this isn't a day to be angry. Whether or not someone dropped the ball, I just want to throw up a prayer for everyone affected 10 years ago today. I live in brooklyn so I plan on heading down there, if anybody wants me to say anything for them just let me know.
What can I say, I'm an Adam Reed fan;)

Please keep the families of those who lost someone as well as those affected by the toxins inhaled that need treatment (first responders and those who just lived close enough to the debris) in your prayers.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What can I say, I'm an Adam Reed fan;)

Please keep the families of those who lost someone as well as those affected by the toxins inhaled that need treatment (first responders and those who just lived close enough to the debris) in your prayers.

Mayor Bloomberg Confiscates 9/11 Cop's Corpse During Wake

9/11 NYPD Officers Body Snatched By New York City To Deny Illness Linked To 9/11

New York City authorities were allegedly so hell-bent on proving that an NYPD cop did not die of a 9/11-related illness that morgue workers were dispatched to a funeral home to take away the body while his grieving family was holding a memorial service, the New York Post reported Wednesday, citing sources."Ten minutes before the wake, the medical examiner called us and said they need to reclaim the body," said Howard Wong, 40, whose brother, George, died on March 24 after a two-year battle with gastric cancer aged 48."The Health Department had issues with the wording on the cause of death -- that he died from exposure to 9/11 toxins -- and they ordered the [Chief] Medical Examiner's Office to do it over," Howard Wong claimed.The family was permitted to carry out the open casket wake Monday night, but the body was taken by the Medical Examiner's Office around 10:00pm local time -- forcing George Wong's relatives to postpone Tuesday's planned viewing and also delay his cremation and funeral."They totally disrespected our family. Now my brother can't even rest in peace because of this," the younger brother said. "I feel horrible, my mother is crying."George Wong, who received a disability retirement in 2006 after 20 years on the force, always believed his disease was caused by his time at Ground Zero following the 9/11 attacks.His hospice doctor, Lyla Correoso, agreed, writing "cancer" from "9/11 toxic exposure" on his death certificate.But a Department of Health bureaucrat sounded the alarm after spotting the finding on the funeral home's cremation permit.The city's official policy remains that there was no conclusive link between exposure to Ground Zero toxins and "emerging illnesses, including cancer," said Health Department spokeswoman Susan Craig.The deceased cop's furious family refused to permit an autopsy, so the city's Chief Medical Examiner's Office did an "external examination," photographed the body, and changed the cause of death to "pending."Only after any mention of 9/11 was scrubbed from his death certificate was the family allowed to collect the body Tuesday -- at their own expense. An abbreviated wake, cremation and funeral -- complete with NYPD pallbearers -- were scheduled for Wednesday.George Wong, who spent several weeks doing security after the Twin Towers fell, should be treated better by the city, his former colleagues said."It's reprehensible. You don't give the body back to the morgue," said a police source who knew George Wong. "Even perps don't deserve this. It's about being a human being. Everyone is livid over this."

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that title is a bit misleading ax. A bit of sensationalism at its finest

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that title is a bit misleading ax. A bit of sensationalism at its finest
I will point to the leader of the city, which is Bloomberg so its a honest title imo. My "sensationalism" isnt as bad as the pathetic government taking the cops corpse before the wake just to force their family to change the cause of death.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Well I was gonna move on.... ^But yes another reason to be angry^

[video=youtube;F1QnONy66JA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1QnONy66JA[/video]

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you know that when they passed health care for the 9/11 first responders (earlier this year or last year?) a part of the deal is that in order for the for the first responders to get health care, they have to go though terrorist screening first. WTF?

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Did you know that when they passed health care for the 9/11 first responders (earlier this year or last year?) a part of the deal is that in order for the for the first responders to get health care, they have to go though terrorist screening first. WTF?
Yeah I think Jon Stewart talked about that. I also agree with him in that, ok maybe a few of them could potentially get cancer and yes that cancer could be unrelated to asbestos and other dispersed substances, but how about treat them anyway??

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I think Jon Stewart talked about that. I also agree with him in that, ok maybe a few of them could potentially get cancer and yes that cancer could be unrelated to asbestos and other dispersed substances, but how about treat them anyway??
They emergency workers and public servants, and when they were called for help they went no matter how dangerous is was. Even if their illnesses were a coincidence (which in most cases I do not believe so) whats the big deal in treating them.

I remember I saw that Michael Moore movie where a New Jersey EMS lady was dying, as well as issues with other 9/11 responders...Michael Moore bought them by boat to Cuba where she received medical treatment.

Michael Moore in CUBA with 911-Victims

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will point to the leader of the city, which is Bloomberg so its a honest title imo. My "sensationalism" isnt as bad as the pathetic government taking the cops corpse before the wake just to force their family to change the cause of death.
So silly. You act as if bloomberg walked in an stole it.

It is terrible no doubt, but your posts are becoming quite a bit of sensationalism. It's funny tbh

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
They emergency workers and public servants, and when they were called for help they went no matter how dangerous is was. Even if their illnesses were a coincidence (which in most cases I do not believe so) whats the big deal in treating them.

I remember I saw that Michael Moore movie where a New Jersey EMS lady was dying, as well as issues with other 9/11 responders...Michael Moore bought them by boat to Cuba where she received medical treatment.

Michael Moore in CUBA with 911-Victims

Sicko was a hard movie to watch for sure.

It is terrible no doubt, but your posts are becoming quite a bit of sensationalism. It's funny tbh
Those are some great titles on the clips. I would understand it coming from the fox video.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

My style, lol what can I do...

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To be fair those were already titled....unless ax1 indeed created those youtube clips;)
I did not create the title, but kept it as a title of my post as I thought it was fitting and honest. I dont see what the big deal against sensationalizing important issues really is, whats relevant is the content. Some people prefer a more professional tone I guess, but thats not me. Perhaps I watched WWE wrestling too long and for me its just normalcy.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I did not create the title, but kept it as a title of my post as I thought it was fitting and honest. I dont see what the big deal against sensationalizing important issues really is, whats relevant is the content. Some people prefer a more professional tone I guess, but thats not me. Perhaps I watched WWE wrestling too long and for me its just normalcy.
Crudely titled maybe but its not incorrect. Snatched and confiscated will make it sound action movie 'ish, but I'm willing to bet the families feel its accurate.

Reactions: ax1
vinnythestick

vinnythestick

Awards
I find this subject very interesting.

Since I am new to this forum, I will reiterate that I have served in the Marines for 5 years so I always find situations such as these interesting because I can understand both sides of the story.

The family feels as if they have been wronged. I'm sure they weren't looking for this type of media coverage (at least not all of them) and the media took the ball and ran with it, but it's still a very sensitive situation for the Wong family.

On the flip side of the coin, I definitely understand governmental procedure, especially if the cause of death plays a factor in any benefits the family might be receiving. The government gives a lot of money away every year and they make sure to stay vigilant in situations such as these. Like the Mayor said, if protocol calls for an examination, then it has to happen.

I feel worst for the person getting the blame, the person that called the Wong family and informed them of the required examination. I'm sure that person didn't know it was 10 minutes before the wake. That person might even have to deal with situations such as the Wong family's on a daily basis. He or she was simply following procedure, and I guarantee that since the Mayor has had to answer for this then someone got yelled at, and **** always rolls downhill.

Honestly, it's a bad coincidence. Intense scrutiny is a prerequisite to receiving free money from the govt. And anybody with enough common sense knows the govt. isn't at all interested in giving 'unimportant' people free money. It may not be the best system, but it's our system and it works.

This situation is sad, but the media blew it out of proportion and made it worse. Notice that the family member didn't mention the cause of death change, the media decided to include it to make the govt look greedy.

WARNING CONSPIRACY THEORY AHEAD!!!

Since this is New York I'm assuming the following conversation took place:

Senior Director of Fox News NYC sits down with Founder of prestigious NYC Law Firm...

FOX: "Hows business?"

LAW: "Not so good trying to find someone to sue. We've put advertisements all over the NYC transit system trying to get people to bite and sue the NYC govt. for all that 9/11 money."

FOX: "Yeah response rates to our 9/11 and terrorism coverage has been declining. We're losing ground to the New York Times, and we need something to jolt our audiences."

LAW: "Hey! How about you put up a story about these 9/11 victims that aren't being treated right by the govt. That'll swing the majority to our side, and we can sue the crap out of everybody, and then you look like a concerned media coverage outlet!"

FOX: "Sounds awesome! But if we do this you better push me to the lobbyists you're connected with! I know Bloomberg is going to get up my butt!"

LAW: "Deal, but I want better primetime commercial rates too."

FOX: "Deal. So how about we both go **** some $10,000 prostitutes and then eat kobe steak?"

LAW: "Ok"

Stroll off into the sunset.

END SCENE

Find a patsy, and a family member that wants a few minutes of fame, throw it on tv. BOOM! That is how a CEO manufactures business. Ass kissing sure has come a long way.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I find this subject very interesting.

Since I am new to this forum, I will reiterate that I have served in the Marines for 5 years so I always find situations such as these interesting because I can understand both sides of the story.

The family feels as if they have been wronged. I'm sure they weren't looking for this type of media coverage (at least not all of them) and the media took the ball and ran with it, but it's still a very sensitive situation for the Wong family.

On the flip side of the coin, I definitely understand governmental procedure, especially if the cause of death plays a factor in any benefits the family might be receiving. The government gives a lot of money away every year and they make sure to stay vigilant in situations such as these. Like the Mayor said, if protocol calls for an examination, then it has to happen.

I feel worst for the person getting the blame, the person that called the Wong family and informed them of the required examination. I'm sure that person didn't know it was 10 minutes before the wake. That person might even have to deal with situations such as the Wong family's on a daily basis. He or she was simply following procedure, and I guarantee that since the Mayor has had to answer for this then someone got yelled at, and **** always rolls downhill.

Honestly, it's a bad coincidence. Intense scrutiny is a prerequisite to receiving free money from the govt. And anybody with enough common sense knows the govt. isn't at all interested in giving 'unimportant' people free money. It may not be the best system, but it's our system and it works.

This situation is sad, but the media blew it out of proportion and made it worse. Notice that the family member didn't mention the cause of death change, the media decided to include it to make the govt look greedy.

WARNING CONSPIRACY THEORY AHEAD!!!

Since this is New York I'm assuming the following conversation took place:

Senior Director of Fox News NYC sits down with Founder of prestigious NYC Law Firm...

FOX: "Hows business?"

LAW: "Not so good trying to find someone to sue. We've put advertisements all over the NYC transit system trying to get people to bite and sue the NYC govt. for all that 9/11 money."

FOX: "Yeah response rates to our 9/11 and terrorism coverage has been declining. We're losing ground to the New York Times, and we need something to jolt our audiences."

LAW: "Hey! How about you put up a story about these 9/11 victims that aren't being treated right by the govt. That'll swing the majority to our side, and we can sue the crap out of everybody, and then you look like a concerned media coverage outlet!"

FOX: "Sounds awesome! But if we do this you better push me to the lobbyists you're connected with! I know Bloomberg is going to get up my butt!"

LAW: "Deal, but I want better primetime commercial rates too."

FOX: "Deal. So how about we both go **** some $10,000 prostitutes and then eat kobe steak?"

LAW: "Ok"

Stroll off into the sunset.

END SCENE

Find a patsy, and a family member that wants a few minutes of fame, throw it on tv. BOOM! That is how a CEO manufactures business. Ass kissing sure has come a long way.
I think if this happened to one of your loved ones you would find this post very offensive.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
In 2003, the EPA Inspector General issued a scathing report outlining how the agency recast some of its public communications at the behest of the White House Council on Environmental Quality, a branch of the Executive Office of the President. The report concluded that the White House had at least indirectly influenced the wording of some statements by removing cautionary language about air safety downtown. It also found that the EPA had gone beyond what it knew in making general statements about the air in the first weeks after the attacks. In particular, the report harshly criticized Christine Todd Whitman, the EPA administrator in 2001, for telling people in New York that the "air is safe to breathe" before she had the facts to back it up.

In several instances, the documents show, officials offered assurances about air quality before they even had test results or downplayed the degree of the contamination found.

Early on Sept. 13, a day and a half after the World Trade Center towers collapsed, Thernstrom called OSHA's New York office to say Whitman was on her way to the city to talk to reporters about the agency's air testing "since all monitoring reports have been so positive thus far," according to an OSHA email.

But according to its own records, the EPA had only tested a handful of asbestos samples before Sept. 14 and didn't get the results of tests for other contaminants until Sept. 23.

http://www.propublica.org/article/new-docs-detail-how-feds-downplayed-ground-zero-health-risks

vinnythestick

vinnythestick

Awards
I think if this happened to one of your loved ones you would find this post very offensive.
Yes you are absolutely correct. I wouldn't want anyone joking over the loss of my loved one, but I'm saying what we all know to be true. The media sensationalizes to create a profit. If it wasn't profitable it wouldn't happen. Additionally the govt. has to follow procedure, and they aren't the bad guys.

You literally say something about the "pathetic government"... the same government your victim was working for. I'm pretty sure he didn't go into work everyday complaining about his job. I bet he felt the government was an amazing system that supported the same people that turn around and spit on it.

If you want my personal opinion, I agree that every first responder should be given all the care and death benefits that American taxpayers are willing to pay for. Hell throw an extra 1% on all of us if that means situations like this don't have to happen. These were extremely brave men and women that gave their lives to save others, the most noble of causes.

I feel for the Wong family. I apologize to anybody that may have been offended by my post, but I stand by it. The government is not pathetic and a very large amount of governmental employees are well-natured citizens trying to do their best in a system ran by uninterested people.

Fox News doesn't give a s**t about the Wong family, and if I died serving my people, and my body wasn't respected properly, the last thing I'd want is some newscaster throwing it on tv like it's a friggin joke, and throwing in the cause of death fiasco when noone in the family even mentions it.

THAT IS OFFENSIVE!

Your second video by the New York Post, in which 40 seconds were dedicated to the 'controversy' and a couple seconds were given to the crying mother, that is offensive.

The sad truth is, that if the NYC government allowed it, every person would complain of illnesses and disease and would be granted large sums of money. How would NYC pay for it? They are only getting municipal taxes, not state and federal. They have to seriously scrutinize cases like these. So the news corps villainizes them to get someone like you to tune in to their channel. The more people they get to watch their channel, the more companies like Pepsi will pay big advertising dollars to them so that you stay familiar and comfortable spending your money on Pepsi Co. products.

It's a simple formula. Sex, and violence sell news. They've used it forever.

And truthfully not very many of us care either. Ask yourself, will you be thinking about the deceased Mr. Wong after you step away from your computer? Will he be on your mind when you're at the gym? Maybe so now, but was he yesterday?

In my honest self-assessment, I immediately forgot about this story yesterday when I walked away from my computer. I don't know the man. Yeah his story sucks, but I still went food shopping, I still cooked, I still sang in the shower. I wasn't saddened, at least not by him.

I was saddened by the tense atmosphere as I walked about the streets. About the lack of trust anybody had in anybody. That on a day we should all be smiling in remembrance, we are all stiff and awkward.

About as awkward as newscasters peddling us some sad 9/11 story to get more media hits just cause it's the tenth anniversary. About as awkward as pretending you care about someone when you know you dont. About as awkward as getting on the L train to go to work only to be plastered by advertisements suggesting that 9/11 ruined your life and you need to sue immediately.

FYI. I'm an advertising major. It's all fake. It's all crap. Its manufactured.

I read an article yesterday discussing the lack of moral clarity among people nowadays that resonated deep within me. I live a life that gives me access to the type of people I mentioned in my last comment.

It doesn't take very much research to realize that the people that tell you your news, the people that give you your products, and the people that claim to represent you are all working together to take your money.

Even look at this forum. There are sections dedicated to advertising product. They've slipped it into social networking.

How proud can the Wong family be of George Wong's life work now that it's been demonized at his expense?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You make some good legitimate points vinnythestick. you give me some things to reflect about. Thanks for taking the time for posting your thoughts.

vinnythestick

vinnythestick

Awards
And of course ax1 I hope that you do not take offense by anything I post. I simply mean to think outside of the box, view things from separate angles, and enjoy some mental exercise and debate.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And of course ax1 I hope that you do not take offense by anything I post. I simply mean to think outside of the box, view things from separate angles, and enjoy some mental exercise and debate.
Oh, of course...I think when it comes to public servants who risk injury to help others I put much emotion to it and defending them that I may one side the story too much. I wasnt personally offended. I think you make good posts however, its not much to debate more to reflect on. The fact that you think these public servants all deserve health care show me your intent is all good in the first place.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
There's really nothing you can do - short of taking that tin foil hat off your head that you're always wearling. :D

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's really nothing you can do - short of taking that tin foil hat off your head that you're always wearling. :D
There is much I can do and that we all can do, it starts with spreading information and education... but I can keep my tin foil hat on in the process if I want, lol

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
FYI. I'm an advertising major. It's all fake. It's all crap. Its manufactured.

I read an article yesterday discussing the lack of moral clarity among people nowadays that resonated deep within me. I live a life that gives me access to the type of people I mentioned in my last comment.
So you're infiltrating the advertising business so you can blow it from the inside? *my best sensationalism* ;)

Edit: this wasn't bashing, I feel your pain having for work for a company that produces less than morally sound product.