8 week Alphabuild log

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am 29, 5'9", I have been cutting since like Apr-May time frame and I am down 15 lbs, 173 from 188. I had a trip to Las Vegas last week and came back not above 175 so was extremely happy, but I want to finish this cut. Before I went to Vegas I was bouncing up and down around 173 as it was hard to fight my cravings. After a little diet break I think I am ready to finish this cut to 165? Depends on what I look like, this isn't an anabolic assisted cut and I'm not stepping on stage...maybe? We will see.

I have always liked Olympus labs products (RIP Tr1umph). I wanted to get on here to see the latest cool natty sups out there and saw this. It was non-stim and so I am giving it a go.

Supplements already taking: Vit D 4k IUs, Naturelo daily multi for men, Creatine (recently started), sometimes ZMA, bulk Citrulline malate, caffeine pills on Wednesday w/ some bulk beta alanine, and ONNX Savage FEM pre-workout. Hilariously I bought this pre-workout in person, the sales guy didn't say anything nor did the pink stand out to me, but the website says it's formulated for woman which I just looked up. My only problem with it is the under dosed Citrulline malate.

Workouts: Monday push, Wednesday Cardio and abs, Friday pull, Saturday legs, Sunday cardio (sometimes abs).

Day 1: This day was a bit abnormal due to my first pull workout since Vegas, working out later in the day as opposed to the morning, first dose of Alphabuild, and free sample of Wild Thing from strong supps, thank you btw.

Workout:
1. Pull-ups, 5x8: 1x8 warm-up, 4x8 weighted with 25lbs, 4 different grips from wide to underhand
2. DB Shrugs, 3x8: 1x8 100lb dumbbells, 2x8 105lb dumbbells
3. Barbell rows, 3x8: 1x8 135 warm-up, 1x8 185, 1x8 195. I usually do not do these but a guy was on my favorite row machine forever
4. Free weight row machine, 3x8: 3x45lbs and 1x25lbs on each side. You can pull each size individually but I always do it together.
5. Face pulls super-set with rear delt pulls (taking off the attachment and basically doing a 1 handed face pull): 2x8 57.5lb face pulls, 2x6 35lb rear delt pulls
6. Bicep curls, 2x8: 40lb dumbbells
7. Hammer curls, 2x5: 50lb dumbbells
8. Cable forearm curls, 4x8: 2x8 20lb Dorsal Curls, 2x8 20lb Ventral curls. I usually do these sitting on the floor with my arm braced by a bench but lately the cable feels good.

This does seem like a lot of exercises but I usually only do 1 row workout and sometimes I only do 1 rear-delt workout, and sometimes I don't workout forearms.

So about the ALPHABUILD! I think it's absolutely crazy to say this because I know the natty sups take time but, I don't have cravings right now, I don't feel like I have to chew gum to keep from snacking and I don't even feel like drinking a sweetened drink to sate the sweet tooth at my worst time, in the evening. I took a serving at about 1455 today, and can definitely tell my evening is different. Tomorrow I will take as directed before my workout in the morning and see how it goes. A Saturday and Sunday both under 2k calories is immensely successful to me.

Tomorrow I will also take and post a picture upon waking.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this for sure!

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I should have made this yesterday but...
Day 2: These pills smell like Swedish Fish, and don't taste like them. The flavor and aroma do come up pretty strongly when you burp and stuff soon after consumption.

So I took these before my leg workout in the morning a little after 7 am. I thought the craving suppression was still pretty strong into the evening. I can't say much for gym performance, it's to early to tell IMO. I took a rest week and started creatine again which I debated considering I wanted to know what was affecting me and how. It's fine though, these are natural and shouldn't screw you over for months, creatine and this may even be synergistic.

Workout:
Leg Press; 8x40x30x20x10x10x20x30x40: 200, 250, 290, 430lbs, repeat. I like this cause this is basically Kris Gethins DTP (Dramatic Transformation Principle). In my early 20s I did his DTP to the T and it was the biggest my legs ever were.
Seated Calf Press: 3x12 100lbs. Superset w/
Tibia: 3x10 50lbs
Leg Leg Curl: 3x8 185lbs, 1x8 170lbs

For the pics I wanted to try out different lightings. Light from the ceiling fan, selfies in the bathroom, and light from outside. Only the pics w/ the jock are before workout and first meal. I am also a strong advocate for before and after pics before the gym that day. As it's who you are most of the time.

Also wow does it suck when you lose weight and and it's still like I got that much to go?! But it's ok, I do think at 165 I will show abs relaxed. I do feel like when I was this weight back in 2016 I was leaner looking, but I guess it goes to show what life, family, age, and COVID does/did to people. 1 more year and it's only down hill lol. The face gains are real. Still regularly told I look early twenties or even once 19, but I think that's a stretch.

Attachments

Last edited:
emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
who makes alphabuild, is there a writeup somewhere?

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
who makes alphabuild, is there a writeup somewhere?
nvmnd i found the info-looks good- i am going to run some for a totally different reason

Reactions: SBH

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 3 (yesterday): Actually ended up not doing Cardio, I need to and should have, but the extra rest was appreciated.
Day 4: Effects are still here appetite suppression, it also just makes you feel good throughout the day to.
Workout:
Incline Bench: 1x8 135lbs, 1x4 205 1x4 185, 2x8 185
DB Lateral Raise: 4x8 35lbs
Cable Flys: 4x10 30 lbs using different grips
DB Shoulder Press: 3x8 60lbs
DB Overhead Tricep extension: 3x8 100lbs

This workout felt good and didn't do to many exercises. My ass is still pretty sore from the high volume I did on leg day.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 3 (yesterday): Actually ended up not doing Cardio, I need to and should have, but the extra rest was appreciated.
Day 4: Effects are still here appetite suppression, it also just makes you feel good throughout the day to.
Workout:
Incline Bench: 1x8 135lbs, 1x4 205 1x4 185, 2x8 185
DB Lateral Raise: 4x8 35lbs
Cable Flys: 4x10 30 lbs using different grips
DB Shoulder Press: 3x8 60lbs
DB Overhead Tricep extension: 3x8 100lbs

This workout felt good and didn't do to many exercises. My ass is still pretty sore from the high volume I did on leg day.
High volume with legs will get you sore for sure! Sitting down on the toilet is a chore! ;)

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 5: rest
Day 6: cardio day with abs
Ran a 5k in under 28 minutes so that was awesome. Then went into the gym and did abs.
Cable crunches: 3x8 82.5lbs
Torso rotations: 3x10 110lbs
I also did stomach vacuums between sets.

The craving suppression is still going strong and idk if it’s a mix of getting serious on the cut again, the creatine or this, but I feel like my chest is getting that nice shape on the bottom part. I do understand that this product is like a natural anabolic, GDA, and craving/appetite suppression all in one. So far I like it.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 7: Rest
Day 8: Pull
Weighted pull ups: 1x8 bare warmup, 3x8 30lbs
DB Shrugs: 3x8 105lbs
Free weight row machine: 1x8 135 each, 1x8 160, 1x8 170
Face pulls: 3x10 65lbs, 72.5, 80
Bent DB Lat Raise: 3x8 35lbs
EZ Bar Curls: 3x8 80lbs
DB Forearm curls: 4x8, 2x8 pronated and 2x8 supinated

Woke up and weighed 172.6 today, my starting weight was about 174 something, I will be sure to add that above in the final edit. Am happy about how I am able to keep pushing in the gym albeit the calories which I have been keeping in the 1900-2000 range. Still feel pretty good and all the muscles are feeling fuller. That craving assistance is still there. I havn't changed the dosing, since I do work out in the mornings, I have been taking it every morning. Interestingly enough I did look at the half-life of epicatechin and it is only a couple of hours so dosing before the gym makes sense. I wonder if my fat loss will beat my water weight gain from resuming creatine.

I guess I kind of changed the lighting? I think I will stick to this lighting It doesn't look to bad.

Attachments

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think I will stick to this lighting It doesn't look to bad.
It's all about finding the right lighting to make you look more jacked! ;)

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 9: Legs
Squats: 1x8 warmup 135, 3x6 185 205 225
Seated Calf Raise: 3x12 100lbs
Tibia: 3x6 60lbs
Laying Hamstring Curl: 3x8 185
Front Squats: 3x8 115
Calf Press w/ lateral hack squat machine: 3x8 90, 110, 130
Leg Extension: 3x8 185

Day 10: Rest
I REALLY wanted to do cardio an abs today but I felt so tired today and my quads are so immensely sore. I guess it has been awhile since I've squatted and done 3 different quad workouts in a day, I went to the pool today so and swam a tiny bit, mainly just hanging with the wife and kids. Anyways I feel the appetite suppression is still there and muscles feel decently pumped around the dosing. It's not an all day effect, because of the life of epicatechin in the body but still. It's a natty sup so biggest effects should be felt by week 2-3.

Also these are little gel filled capsules and I noticed one today in the container was empty...It was only one and I will chalk it up to the heat recently to, that really didn't help during shipment.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 11: Push
Incline DB press: 3x8; 85lbs, 90x2
Lat DB Raise: 3x8 35lbs
Cable Flys: 3x10 32.5, 37.5x2
DB Shoulder press: 3x8; 60lbs, 65, 70
Cable Tricep pushdowns: 3x8; 87.5, 95, 100

It was pretty incredible how easy the shoulder press was after that incline, I am definitely starting to really feel this in the gym. The extra strength, pumps, and endurance. I will be honest though, this day I snacked a little more than I wanted to at night. I am pretty sure the diet I am attempting to stick to may be a bit to restrictive, but I also made some mistakes this day. Bought things I shouldn't have in the first place, early dinner, and ran out of the sparkling ice drinks. I just got to up my resolve. Things are getting stressful though as I started my class last Wednesday, introducing other stressors makes losing weight hard.

Day 12: Rest
Not much to report. In the evening today my forearms were very veiny, the wife noticed, so that's cool.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 13: Cardio
Did the HAMR, made it to level 8-1, or 61 shuttles. I think I could have gone more.
Then did the stair master for a little under 17 mins. Think I did level 8 for 8, then 9 for 5, and lvl 10 for the remainder.
Then did abs:
Cable crunches: 3x8 85lbs
Torso rotation machine: 3x8
Day 14: Rest
Reporting now cause, not much else to report or feel any different than before. The natural anabolic is starting to kick in definitely.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 15: Pull
Weighted pull ups: 1x8 warmup, 3x6 35lbs
DB shrugs: 3x8 105s
Row Machine: 4x8 135 each side
Bent DB Lat raises: 3x8 40s
DB Curls: 3x8 40s, 35s x 2
Face pulls: 3x8 67.5

Day 16 Legs
Leg Press: 1x8 100lbs warmup each side, 1x8 190, 2x8 235
Super Set
Seated Calf Press 3x12 105lbs
Tibia: 3x8 50lbs
Front Squats: 3x6 135, 145, 155lbs
Laying hamstring curl: 3x8 185
Linear Hack calf press: 3x8 90lbs, 140 x 2

Day 17: Rest/Cardio day
Finally did cardio on a Sunday, 30 minutes on the bike, the watch said I burnt 270 calories so that's cool.

Also I have not been as honest with my calories...I am sure you guys have had this feeling, like you aren't hungry, but you just have this urge to eat, and not even craving anything specific, just eat for no damn reason. Me being a 5'9 individual hanging around 173-175, I don't think trying to cut on 1900-2000 calories is necessarily to low, I work an office job, but still try to get steps in.

On that, it may be my failing conviction to stick to my calories and cut, but this unnecessary eating I usually get it when I am on a good natural anabolic. I did this on Vector from BLR, I did it on Ep1logue and Massacr3 from Olympus Labs, I did it on an anacyclus supplement from man sports, and the good ole ABE from PES. I know this supplements are kind of designed to increase your hunger but I guess this is just an ode to how good of a natural anabolic Alphabuild is.

I will try to strengthen my conviction going forward but damn, I can at least say by the end of this I will have recomped a bit. The pictures in this post are from the morning of Day 15. That day I weighed 173.8. I am going to change my goals around a bit here, I want 170 as a soft goal and 167 as a hard goal.

Attachments

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Late but in. Looking good bro. Appreciate the feedback so far

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 15: Pull
Weighted pull ups: 1x8 warmup, 3x6 35lbs
DB shrugs: 3x8 105s
Row Machine: 4x8 135 each side
Bent DB Lat raises: 3x8 40s
DB Curls: 3x8 40s, 35s x 2
Face pulls: 3x8 67.5

Day 16 Legs
Leg Press: 1x8 100lbs warmup each side, 1x8 190, 2x8 235
Super Set
Seated Calf Press 3x12 105lbs
Tibia: 3x8 50lbs
Front Squats: 3x6 135, 145, 155lbs
Laying hamstring curl: 3x8 185
Linear Hack calf press: 3x8 90lbs, 140 x 2

Day 17: Rest/Cardio day
Finally did cardio on a Sunday, 30 minutes on the bike, the watch said I burnt 270 calories so that's cool.

Also I have not been as honest with my calories...I am sure you guys have had this feeling, like you aren't hungry, but you just have this urge to eat, and not even craving anything specific, just eat for no damn reason. Me being a 5'9 individual hanging around 173-175, I don't think trying to cut on 1900-2000 calories is necessarily to low, I work an office job, but still try to get steps in.

On that, it may be my failing conviction to stick to my calories and cut, but this unnecessary eating I usually get it when I am on a good natural anabolic. I did this on Vector from BLR, I did it on Ep1logue and Massacr3 from Olympus Labs, I did it on an anacyclus supplement from man sports, and the good ole ABE from PES. I know this supplements are kind of designed to increase your hunger but I guess this is just an ode to how good of a natural anabolic Alphabuild is.

I will try to strengthen my conviction going forward but damn, I can at least say by the end of this I will have recomped a bit. The pictures in this post are from the morning of Day 15. That day I weighed 173.8. I am going to change my goals around a bit here, I want 170 as a soft goal and 167 as a hard goal.
Looking good! That goal should definitely be achievable!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
How's it going so far bro?

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good, I would say great even. Today I ran 3 miles in about 26:40 so that was pretty sweet, I believe it may be even affecting my cardio. Overall TODAY my calories were pretty great, I counted breakfast and dinner. Couldn't count lunch due to going to lunch with some coworkers but I kept it light on purpose, it was a Mongolian grill place so unless you purposefully loaded with noodles and ate all the rice it's easy to stay conservative on the calories.

The craziest thing though I am about to go to bed and I have no desire to snack really. Maybe because it was lunch, loaded up on chicken, shrimp, and veggies. So I can say with confidence I might even go to bed w/o raiding the pantry. I am 100% sure I stayed within my calories due to the size of my breakfast and dinner. Well other than some grapes and a cucumber, that was the extent of my evening snacking.

Day 18: Push, this day I felt like I could push really hard. Even had a terribly runny nose the next day.
Incline DB press: 2x8 85s and 90s, 1x6 95s
Lat DB Raise: 3x8 35s
Cable Flys: 3x10 30lbs
Barbell OHP: 2x6 115lbs 125lbs, 1x4 135lbs
Single OH DB tricep press: 1x8 35lbs, 2x8 40lbs
EZ curl front raise: 3x8 60lbs
Tricep kickbacks: 1x20 each arm 35 or 40 lbs cant remember

Day 19: Rest
Day 20: Cardio and abs
26:40 3 mile run
Cable Crunches: 3 or 4x8 87.5lbs
Torso rotation machine: 3x8 125,135,145

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good, I would say great even. Today I ran 3 miles in about 26:40 so that was pretty sweet, I believe it may be even affecting my cardio. Overall TODAY my calories were pretty great, I counted breakfast and dinner. Couldn't count lunch due to going to lunch with some coworkers but I kept it light on purpose, it was a Mongolian grill place so unless you purposefully loaded with noodles and ate all the rice it's easy to stay conservative on the calories.

The craziest thing though I am about to go to bed and I have no desire to snack really. Maybe because it was lunch, loaded up on chicken, shrimp, and veggies. So I can say with confidence I might even go to bed w/o raiding the pantry. I am 100% sure I stayed within my calories due to the size of my breakfast and dinner. Well other than some grapes and a cucumber, that was the extent of my evening snacking.

Day 18: Push, this day I felt like I could push really hard. Even had a terribly runny nose the next day.
Nice bro! Glad to hear it's treating you so well. I am loving it as well. Week 3/4 I really started to notice extra endurance and recomp effect. Appreciate the feedback

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So I can say with confidence I might even go to bed w/o raiding the pantry
That's always a win in my book! My cravings are always pre bed. It's like I do good all day and then something hits my pre bed.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 21: Rest

Day 22: Pull
Pull ups: 8x6
DB Shrugs: 3x8 105s
Rows: 4x8 135 each side
Face pulls: 4x10 65lbs
DB Curls: 3x8 40s
Lat pull downs: 3x8 72 lbs, 2x65lbs
Cable Curls: 3x8 57.5

Day 22: Legs
1x8 warmup 211lbs, 3x15 307lbs
same machine as above calf press: 3x12 147lbs, 179, 211
DB RDLs: 4x8 60s
Leg extension: 4x8 160, 170, 180, 190
superset:
hip adduction: 3x8 250, 295, 305
hip abduction: 3x8 220, 250, 280
Front squats: 3x6 115lbs

Day 23:
Abs no cardio
100 x crunches, oblique crunches, and leg raises

Alright from here on out I will make updates every 2 days, I am getting really inconsistent with updates, but all in all I still feel like my updates are true along with my tracking. So these photos are of course from Day 22; I weighed 172.2 and to be frank I think they look almost exactly like the pictures I that were similar in my first post which sucks but damn I am trying. My discipline is getting better by the day. I want this cut to succeed and end with me finally getting to 10-12% BF. Which I feel like I need a solid 8 weeks more of hardcore cutting for at 1-1.5lbs a week. I want this cut to end amazingly well cause I want to hop to on LGD @ 5-10mgs for 8 weeks for a sweet bulk for the winter, maybe 12? I probably wouldn't get bloods done and just rely on the fact that LGD only suppresses test while LSH/FSH remain in the normal range, which means a bounce back is easier.

This supplement still giving my good pumps in the gym and the GDA effects are very strong. Still testing out ways to curb my appetite more in the evenings like just eating straight cucumbers lol.

So actually one thing about these photos, my wife...albeit drunk...says they do look the same until you look at the my chest...in this one you could see more shadow? Which means better chest development???

Attachments

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 24: push
Bench press: 1x8 135lbs, 3x8 185
DB Lat Raise: 3x8 30s
Machine flys: 3x8 170
Standing DB Shoulder press; 3x8 45s
Cable Tricep pushdowns: 3x8 82.5, 87.5, 92.5

Day 25: Rest

Day 26: Cardio and abs
Did the HAMR like like 8 minutes, got to lvl 8-5. Then did abs, cable crunches and the torso rotation

I am still getting good pumps, and seeing a recomp effect. Nothing much else to report. That push day was really easy and I'm fine with that. Probably need more days like this if I want my cut to succeed. It's probably been my pushing harder that was making me night raid the pantry, which I am doing better with. 167 is still definitely obtainable by the end of this cut.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's probably been my pushing harder that was making me night raid the pantry, which I am doing better with.
That will do it for sure. I know for me the harder I try the harder I eat it seems!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good pumps and recomp sound good to me!

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 27: Rest

Day 28: Pull
Weighted pull ups: 1x8 warmup 3x6 35lbs
DB Shrugs: 3x8 105lbs
Barbell rows: 4x8 135, 155, 185, 195
Face pulls: 3x8 62.5, 67.5, 72.5
EZ Bar preacher curls 3x8 75, 80, 85
DB Forearm curls: 4x8, 2x8 pronated and 2x8 supinated
Hamm curls: 3x6 45lbs

Day 29: Legs
Front Squats 3x6 135, 155, 165
Superset
Seated calf press: 3x12 110
Tibia 3x8 50lbs
RDLs: 3x8 135, 155, 175
Superset
Hip abduction: 3x8 142.5
adduction: 3x8 11.5
Hack squat calf press: 3x12 45s each side
Leg extension: 3x8 160, 170, 180

Day 30: Rest

Day 31: Push
Incline Bench: 1x8 warmup 135lbs, 3x8 185, 190, 195
DB Lat Raise: 3x8 35s
Cable Flys: 3x10 30lbs each
DB shoulder press: 3x8 60s
DB OH tricep press: 3x8 105lbs

I need to update more often. I am on the second bottle and still feeling pretty good. I am not going to way my self again until the end. I have been to absorbed about my weight and usually do better when I don't weigh myself as often. Pictures are from the 28th. IDK if I can even keep trying to cut. I can't stay discipline and it getting colder there isn't much motivation. But I so want to reach 165 before the end of October and I think I can do it. I will weigh myself again once this second bottle is done.

Attachments

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you guys. Funny thing, I feel like my legs are quite a bit smaller than years ago. They were the absolute biggest when I followed Kris Gethins DTP program to the T back in 2015, which came with an absurd amount of leg presses.