6 week bloods...Do I need to fast for hormone panel?

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not trying to mess with my morning workout. If I get bloods in morning do I need to fast for test, estro, etc?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
No but I would not work out for a few days before the bloods

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It can skew some bad markers. Won't effect test or estro tho

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Basically getting them to check hormones while on cycle

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It can skew some bad markers. Won't effect test or estro tho
Agreed - I only do a brisk walk for a few days before a draw. IIRC my ALT/AST was slightly elevated, and Creatinine (which is usually always elevated in lifters, but why increase it more) when training the day before. If for some reason you're pulling stuff like C Reactive Protein, Interleukin-6, etc... you'd *definitely* want to take a break. My Doc (who trains) advises stopping all "performance/fat burn" supplements, but keep taking any "general health" stuff that you'd take 365/year. Fasting Glucose is usually pulled, so you'd want to fast for that, and the Lab lady said (don't know how true it is) that lipid values can be skewed. But they note fasted or not, so a good Doc should take that into account. But for Sex Hormones - doesn't matter.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I recommend not working out or ejaculation for at least 72 hours before blood draw. Fast before as well. PSA, lipids, liver enzymes and glucose levels will be affected.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I recommend not working out or ejaculation for at least 72 hours before blood draw. Fast before as well. PSA, lipids, liver enzymes and glucose levels will be affected.
No jackin off??? Now you crossed the line buddy!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No jackin off??? Now you crossed the line buddy!
Lol. Yes. It’ll give a false high PSA and doctors will freak out and take you off of TRT.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow my endo must be nice to me ive never fasted excepted for lipids ive also never stopped working out or having sex

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Yep training prior to tests had my liver enzymes in the red. Not a big deal but saves you having a repeat test.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol. Yes. It’ll give a false high PSA and doctors will freak out and take you off of TRT.
Truer words were never spoken. I just had PSA pulled and "quit" for 4-5 days iirc. 0.5 was the result.