6 Day Bodybuilding/Kickboxing Split

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
The Split:
:squat:
(I made it easy for everyone to read, so you dont get bored)

MON - Full Body(No Cardio)

TUES - 5 mins treadmill jogging warmup / 40 mins Kickboxing Bag Work

WED
- Full Body(No Cardio)

THURS - 5 mins treadmill jogging warmup / 40 mins Kickboxing Bag Work

FRI - Full Body(No Cardio)

SAT - 5 mins treadmill jogging warmup / 40 mins Kickboxing Bag Work

SUN - OFF(No Cardio)

Full Body:

(1 warm up set for each exercise, then one set all out.)

Squats - 1 x 8-10
Leg Extension - 1 x 8-10
Leg Curls - 1 x 8-10
DB Pullovers - 1 x 8-10
BB Overhead Shoulder Press - 1 x 8-10
Seated Rows - 1 x 8-10
Flat BB Bench Press - 1 x 8-10
BB Curls - 1 x 8-10
Tricep Extensions - 1 x 8-10
Wide Grip Pullups - 1 x 8-10
Weighted Dips - 1 x 8-10
Smith Machine Shrugs - 1 x 8-10
Standing Calve Raises - 2 x 10-12
Decline Sit ups - 3 x 12 - 15

Kickboxing:

5 mins Jogging Treadmill(Warmup)

Bag Drill 1 (Kicks and Knees Only) - 2 mins
1 min Break
Bag Drill 2 (Boxing and Elbows Only) - 2 mins
1 min Break
Bag Drill 3 (Freestyle) - 4 mins

5 min Break

60 + Right Round House Kicks - 3 mins
1 min Break
60 + Left Round House Kicks - 3 mins
Knees and Elbows - 3 mins

5 min Break

Bag Drill 1 (Kicks and Knees Only) - 2 mins
1 min Break
Bag Drill 2 (Boxing and Elbows Only) - 2 mins
1 min Break
Bag Drill 3 (Freestyle) - 4 mins

I am starting this split tomorrow. I am currently on sust 250 (2mls a week MON/THURS Delt shots) I know that most will argue that i am to young but please just try and give me your thoughts on the training.

I have 8 more weeks left of the sust cycle so I can handle this training for a good 8 weeks. I am currently 99.5 kg about 14 - 16% Bodyfat. I have a bit of a jelly belly. But all around i have a stocky physique, and when i go out in public every one just assumes i have a six pack and that i look like a personal trainer.

My all around goal is to get my muscles ripped and to lose about 4 - 8% bodyfat but maintain or even gain muscle.

I don't have a diet and, I do no how important a diet is but i mostly eat healthy. I eat try to eat around 6 meals a day. I take a multivitamin every morning and have a protein shake 1 hour before training and one imediatley after. Also if you can I would be grateful for any ideas of a diet for this type of training and my goal.

I train by myself. Its not that i don't like having a training partner, its just that i can focus more and train harder by myself. I take this very seriously and all help will be greatly appreciated. And if enough people can help me with this i would be verywilling to start a log and update everyone everyday on what i did and the effects its having.

I will be looking forward to your guys feedback.

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
I wouldn't use a full body approach if you are using a kickboxing/HIIT cardio approach.

Break it up and keep the training very basic. A pull/push/legs split or something like Jim Wendlers 5/3/1 program would work well.

Your full body workout is going to be way way to much for you to recover from if your diet is not PERFECT, even if you are on cycle.

I can't give you any specifics on the diet but your gonna have to keep the carbs pretty high. Try a carb cycle where you rotate low/med/high carb days.

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
Thanks for your feed back, im taking a look at the wendler 5/3/1 program now also could you give me an example diet to give me a basic idea?

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
Carb Cycling for MMA Fighters

I realize you may not be an MMA righter but since you are lifting and doing kickboxing as cardio I think it's applicable. Here's the basics-

Low Day = High Protein, Med Fat, Low Carb

Med Day= Med/High Protein, Med/Low Fats, Med Carb

High = Low Protein, Low Fat, High Carbs

Macro breakdown is based on your weight.

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
The wendler 5/3/1 program sounds good but its realy confusing. is their another good pull push legs routien you would recomend?

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
Carb Cycling for MMA Fighters

I realize you may not be an MMA righter but since you are lifting and doing kickboxing as cardio I think it's applicable. Here's the basics-

Low Day = High Protein, Med Fat, Low Carb

Med Day= Med/High Protein, Med/Low Fats, Med Carb

High = Low Protein, Low Fat, High Carbs

Macro breakdown is based on your weight.
I can keep up with that definetly. I am not an mma fighter although when i have enough money i plan to train mma and hopefuly one day be able to compete in mma

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
The wendler 5/3/1 program sounds good but its realy confusing. is their another good pull push legs routien you would recomend?
For Pull/Push/Legs just set up 2 routines for each day and put it on a two week rotation w/ emphasis being on the primary lifts like squats/deads/bench and drop the isolation training down. I'd run it similar to the DC set up w/ 1 exercise per body part but no rest pause sets. Stick to straight sets that are close to failure. Don't worry about enhanced negatives or forced reps. Let me know if you want some help setting up a split like this.

What did you find confusing about the 5/3/1?

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
Push (chest, shoulders, & triceps)
Bench press - 5 x 5
Incline bench press - 3 x 8
BB Shoulder press - 4 x 6
Superset:
Side raises - 3 x 10
Front Raises - 3 x 10

Triceps Extension - 2 x 8
Skull Crushers - 2 x 8
Rope Pressdowns - 2 x 8
Sit ups or Leg raises - 4 x 8

Pull (upper back, biceps, & forearms)
Pull ups (or Lat pull downs) - 5 x 5
Bent over rows (or cable rows) - 4 x 6
EZ bar or Barbell curls - 3 x 8
Incline dumbbell curls - 2 x 8
Preacher DB Curls - 3 x 8
BB wrist curl - 2 x 8
BB wrist extension - 2 x 8
Sit ups or Leg raises - 4 x 8

Legs (legs, lower back, & calves)
Squats - 5 x 5 then 1 all out 20 rep squat(Used this b4 and made great gains)
Deadlifts - 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6
Leg curls - 3 x 8
Leg Press Calf raises - 4 x 12
Donkey Calf raises - 4 x 15
Crunches - 4 x 8

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
What did you find confusing about the 5/3/1?
The actual training method like what workouts you do on what day. It looks complicated. I am used to split routines or 5x5, and full body cause the exercises are usually like ok monday do this this and this then tuesday this wednsay this... and so on.

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
Would the push pulll legs routine i posted be ok cause i personalized it to sets and reps that have worked for me in the past.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with ya cycle then, perhaps you could keep a log to see how its treating you and how things go after PCT? I would be very interested in how a plan like this would work out. AS for training like that, I agree with jtp217 about rotating your exercises, I would also suggest you do the DC extreme stretches as these will help with recovery and flexibility both of which I presume you want kept at their highest.

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
I'd drop the volume even lower on your pull/push legs split. 1-2 exercises max.

The 5/3/1 is just a 8 day rotation.

M- Military 3x5
W- Deads 3x5
F- Bench 3x5

M- Squats 3x3
W- Military 3x3
F- Deads 3x3

M- Bench 5/3/1
W- Squats 5/3/1
F- Militrary 5/3/1

Start the next week over w/ 3x5 again.

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
Ive actually decided to go with the same training as i origanaly planned except change thursday and sunday to a cardio day will this be ok?

Monday: I had an awsome workout with good lifts and a mad pump. I like full body cause I was also sweating like a pig.

Tuesday:
This was a hard kick ass 45 minutes. I pushed my self hard out. It was exhausting but very good cardio.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bumping this thread since I'm creating/starting a similar split. Also thinking of 3 fullbody days with kickboxing on the offdays and Sunday off completely (mobility drills). It's a heavy load without much room for recovery, but I'm also enhanced. Also will be running the RP Diet, along with this training, for 3 months in a deficit.