Unanswered 5 weeks down of cut and need input/advice [PICS]

Jessej

Jessej

Awards
I’ve been on a perma bulk for the past few months due to having to travel/move to 3 different states for work. I started a cut and wanted some of your opinions.

- Weight: 5’7” / 5’8”
- Start of Cut: 7/3/19 - 162.2lbs
- Currently: 8/8/19 - 153.6lbs
-(Dry weight after waking up in AM)

I workout 6/7 days a week have been since I was about 14. My current TDEE is roughly 2500/2900 Calories. I eat almost 100% Whole Foods and everything I eat is tracked in MyFitnessPal and weighed on a food scale.

I can’t recall exactly what week 1 & 2 calories and macros were, but it was around 2200/2100 cals, with a minimum of 1g protein per pound of body weight. Week 3 1950 Cals, week 4 1850 cals, and currently week 5 1750 cals 153P/197C/39F.

Supplements: MuscleGelz AndroShred (7Keto), Iron Legion Invictus ( Just started 3 days ago) fish oils, and protein powder.

I need some advice on where to go from here. I was thinking maybe dropping to 1650 cals for week 6, and 7 & 8 drop to 1500. My end goal is to drop these last few pounds around my waist and get leaner (maybe 145lbs?). I do 30 mins of cardio after each workout (300-400cals), usually running for 20 mins and 10mins of LISS. I use a heart rate monitor to measure the calorie burn a little more accurately.

Any input on possibly what BF% I am and diet/workout tips to hit my goal by hopefully this 8/10 week mark? I can also post better pictures with better lighting, im a little leaner than the pics show.

(Left Pics are before, right is after. After pics are baby blue boxers)
E110C76F-382D-4D68-B0DA-9EACDD17F5F7.jpg
D96CE8F7-3ECC-41C2-B169-CBE420B637A9.jpg
A9C456AB-496F-49C9-A195-161B7312C570.jpg

Attachments

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Congrats on the weight loss and improvements so far!

Honestly you don’t need to keep dropping calories each week, really only if you stall (which you haven’t you’ve been losing pretty quick). You are going to run out of anywhere to go with that approach.

Otherwise I’d just keep doing what you’ve been doing (other than dropping calories each week), as you seem to be making progress.

Jessej

Jessej

Awards
Congrats on the weight loss and improvements so far!

Honestly you don’t need to keep dropping calories each week, really only if you stall (which you haven’t you’ve been losing pretty quick). You are going to run out of anywhere to go with that approach.

Otherwise I’d just keep doing what you’ve been doing (other than dropping calories each week), as you seem to be making progress.
Thanks man, i appreciate it. I’ll maintain the current macros until a stall happens. I defiantly hold a lot of the weight around my waist, pretty lean around the back/chest, just have some pretty shitty lighting!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As usual, I'm going to 2nd Resolve10 - just keep going man. Don't change anything. Do what you do. You have a great physique coming out and I'd bet you're around 15% right now give or take.

Jessej

Jessej

Awards
As usual, I'm going to 2nd Resolve10 - just keep going man. Don't change anything. Do what you do. You have a great physique coming out and I'd bet you're around 15% right now give or take.
Thanks man I’ll keep my head down and keep grinding these next few weeks!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
7-keto and Invictus is a great combo. if you just added in Invictus 3 days ago results should begin to show starting next week...good luck!!!

Jessej

Jessej

Awards
7-keto and Invictus is a great combo. if you just added in Invictus 3 days ago results should begin to show starting next week...good luck!!!
I’m at the tail end of my MuscleGelz AndroShred and started applying Invictus 3 days ago. Excited to see what the hype is about. I’ve read all the forums on Invictus, and most people apply to the thin skinned areas. But some people did claim possible spot reduction. Should I attempt applying Invictus to the midsection at the moment or would it be a waste since it’s no so thin-skinned? Thanks BigT!

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been on a perma bulk for the past few months due to having to travel/move to 3 different states for work. I started a cut and wanted some of your opinions.

- Weight: 5’7” / 5’8”
- Start of Cut: 7/3/19 - 162.2lbs
- Currently: 8/8/19 - 153.6lbs
-(Dry weight after waking up in AM)

I workout 6/7 days a week have been since I was about 14. My current TDEE is roughly 2500/2900 Calories. I eat almost 100% Whole Foods and everything I eat is tracked in MyFitnessPal and weighed on a food scale.

I can’t recall exactly what week 1 & 2 calories and macros were, but it was around 2200/2100 cals, with a minimum of 1g protein per pound of body weight. Week 3 1950 Cals, week 4 1850 cals, and currently week 5 1750 cals 153P/197C/39F.

Supplements: MuscleGelz AndroShred (7Keto), Iron Legion Invictus ( Just started 3 days ago) fish oils, and protein powder.

I need some advice on where to go from here. I was thinking maybe dropping to 1650 cals for week 6, and 7 & 8 drop to 1500. My end goal is to drop these last few pounds around my waist and get leaner (maybe 145lbs?). I do 30 mins of cardio after each workout (300-400cals), usually running for 20 mins and 10mins of LISS. I use a heart rate monitor to measure the calorie burn a little more accurately.

Any input on possibly what BF% I am and diet/workout tips to hit my goal by hopefully this 8/10 week mark? I can also post better pictures with better lighting, im a little leaner than the pics show.

(Left Pics are before, right is after. After pics are baby blue boxers)
View attachment 185557View attachment 185558View attachment 185559
The start is good yet.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’m at the tail end of my MuscleGelz AndroShred and started applying Invictus 3 days ago. Excited to see what the hype is about. I’ve read all the forums on Invictus, and most people apply to the thin skinned areas. But some people did claim possible spot reduction. Should I attempt applying Invictus to the midsection at the moment or would it be a waste since it’s no so thin-skinned? Thanks BigT!
@Jessej sorry for late response...I hope invictus has been treating you well.

btw-best areas are neck area, shoulders, clavicle, tops of feet.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats man! you can definitely tell the improvements from the before and after.

Masindex

Awards
Good job! One thing I would have changed is how much calories you dropped in the first week. Your current calorie intake is too low(in my opinion)to sustain(you might end up losing muscle).