40 yard dash time

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
In light of the nfl combine in a week. What time do you think you guys would clock on the 40 yard dash?

I ran a 4.6 *unnoficial*, anywhere between 4.6-4.7 my senior year of high school as a mediocore track runner. I took a couple of first place finishes but was likely average even just on my team.

I am curious where i would land untrained for a few years but taking anabolics where i would sit. Id like to think id be around 4.8 or 4.9 but i have gained about 50 lbs of muscle since senior year and sitting around the same BF.

What do you guys weigh and what are your 40 times or estimated 40 times?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ran it once at a baseball combine, no idea what I ran. Realistically, about 10 years and 50lbs heavier, id just hope that im faster than tom brady who ran a 5.28. Think id be close to that.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I ran a 4.7 40yrd dash at 260lbs in college. Oh the days! Ok I’m done living the good OL days lol.

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Ran it once at a baseball combine, no idea what I ran. Realistically, about 10 years and 50lbs heavier, id just hope that im faster than tom brady who ran a 5.28. Think id be close to that.
Dang, the fact that brady ran a 5.28 makes me think my initially clocking of 4.6 was way off �� sounds like 4.9 would be best case scenario for a mildly athletic white 145 lb senior in high school ��.

Baker mayfield ran a 4.83 and id like to this im more athletic in terms of strength and speed than him, but then again i may be overestimating myself

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know that stopwatch 40s are always a good bit quicker/lower than modern combine times. There was RB who I went to HS with (he was a junior or senior when I was on the freshman team) who I think ran a 4.4something with a stopwatch in HS, but only ran a 4.5 in the combine after 3 years of college ball. I highly doubt he got slower lol.

BarryBondsHOF

BarryBondsHOF

Awards
  • Established
In light of the nfl combine in a week. What time do you think you guys would clock on the 40 yard dash?

I ran a 4.6 *unnoficial*, anywhere between 4.6-4.7 my senior year of high school as a mediocore track runner. I took a couple of first place finishes but was likely average even just on my team.

I am curious where i would land untrained for a few years but taking anabolics where i would sit. Id like to think id be around 4.8 or 4.9 but i have gained about 50 lbs of muscle since senior year and sitting around the same BF.

What do you guys weigh and what are your 40 times or estimated 40 times?
4.6/4.7 is a burner time, in general for someone who isn’t in the NFL. I went to a 3000 student high school one of the largest in the state and don’t know many dudes on the football team (pretty decent title contenders never usually #1 but top 5), that could beat that so good job man. We had one freak that ran like a 4.4, but he was an exception. Lol, just putting it in perspective. I think our D1 linebacker who played SEC ball my senior year ran about a 4.7. he was a 3 year starter too. we won’t talk about my time but i played baseball in JC and one year at a 4 year school so thats what ill use as an excuse (pure speed just wasnt my gig), good size and decent strength though. Guess im not totally embarrassed about barely breaking 5

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Dang, i never was particularly fast but i was faster than “average” on the team at a small school.

I am going to go to the track Saturday and measure it out and see what i can clock. If i get below 5 i will be happy. I flexed to my coworkers that i think i can hit 4.8 when this topic got brough up at work but given your guys’ response i just want to be below 5.0. That said Vita Veo or whatever, the 350 lb DT from Washington ran a 5.1 which is nuts