4 weeks cutting progress

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
i've been cutting for for 4 weeks now and i've shed about 8 lbs.. i'm trying to get to single digit bf... i think i'm going to cut for 4-6 more weeks and after that.. i cant take it anymore... the first pic is at 188lbs in the morning.. the second is at 181 at night.. (wish i would have taken one in the mornin so i would have been leaner)

tell any difference or too soon? sorry for the different lighting

Attachments

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
Here's my diet.. i follow it to a T.... sometimes i switch out the 3 ounces of chicken for tuna.. but that's it.. every 2 weeks i'm eating a pizza

food amount
egg whites 1/2 cup
oats 1/2 cup
apple 1 medium 65
flax oil 1 tbsp

chicken breast 6 oz
brown rice 1/2 cup
flax oil 1 tbsp

chicken breast 6 oz
sweet potato 3 oz

post shake(H2O) 1 scoop

chicken breast 6 oz
brown rice 1/2 cup
broccoli 1/2 cup

chicken breast 3 oz
sweet potato 6 oz

chicken breast 3 oz

night time---1 scoop casein protein,
8 oz milk

evens out to 1899 kcal/day, 245g protein, 152.5g carbs, 31g

routine is a 5 day split...

monday chest
tuesday bis and tris
wednesday legs
thursday back
friday shoulders

15 minutes of cardio 4 times a day
abs are whenever they are not sore.. about twice a week

digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
Lotta carbs for cuttin, ever think about switchin to a Ckd for a few weeks? I bet you'd shred right down ESP with ur body used to gettin all those slow carbs....

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Keep it up. No need to change gameplans completely since doing well with carbs. I might suggest carb cycling. Do two days at 150. 2 at 100. 3 at 50g. Then do pizza night after 3 low carb days in a row.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Carb cycling and CKD are not the same thing.

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
updates

updated pics at 6 weeks.. only thing i've changed is i've taken off the apple in the morning and replaced it with 1/4 cup of egg whites.. and i've takin off 6 ounces of potatoe which turns out to be 45 g less carbs

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
updated pics

here i am.. i've lost a total of about 3 inches on my waist.. maybe 1/4 inch on my arms.. and about the same for my chest

Attachments

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
the only supps i'm using is multi, whey, and caseine

so in the diet world.. that's considered supp free lol

meathed

meathed

Awards
Good stuff man. Threads like these get my motivation mojo going. At least I'm not the only one wishing I had a quart of frozen custard and an XL meat lovers pizza! I think I just might turn into a chicken with fins. Then where'd I be? Keep it up man.

What are your plans after the cut?

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Amazing results so far

IfYouInsist

Awards
here i am.. i've lost a total of about 3 inches on my waist.. maybe 1/4 inch on my arms.. and about the same for my chest
You look ripped there dude, how long did you bulk for to get to that weight inthe 1st pic and what weight did you start at?

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
You look ripped there dude, how long did you bulk for to get to that weight inthe 1st pic and what weight did you start at?
thanks for the motivation fellas..

well i started at 135 at age 16.. at age 20 i was 185 or so and then i had a bad back injury from nerve damage that made me completely quit for 13 months. i dropped down to 155lbs while increasing my bf.. DAMN.. haha

it took me a year to get to about 185 and then from there i bulked to a fat 200, improperly cut to 180.. and then bulked to the 188 u see at the top..

complicated i know but i felt i needed to explain

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff man. Threads like these get my motivation mojo going. At least I'm not the only one wishing I had a quart of frozen custard and an XL meat lovers pizza! I think I just might turn into a chicken with fins. Then where'd I be? Keep it up man.

What are your plans after the cut?
after the cut i plan to slowly introduce carbs back into my body (i've began carb cycling recently) and try to put on a somewhat slow 5 lbs.

after that i'm debating on either a hdrol or mdrol cycle..

for the record i've taken hdrol and havoc once but due to school and stress i only put on about 5 lbs TOTAL between them (wasted)

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i cant get over the progress u made dude

And that diet you have is spot on....i found myself hitting something up very similar to that during a recent cut and it worked very well for me save i ate far less carbs and about 4-5 meals plus 2 shakes.

The big difference is the amount of cardio u do and the split, i focus a lot on strength so i do cardio no more then 3 days a week and 2x a day. So im wondering how much overall strength you lose after such a strict cut?

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
i actually haven't lost much strength at all.. initially i lost a little.. but the other day i still threw up 90lb db's on incline 9 times,,, and 95s 4 times... i used to get 100's 5 times... so not a huge difference seein how i've only began lifting as heavy as i can the last 3-4 weeks (shoulder)

i have lost a good bit of strength on incline barbell.. used to throw 225 up about 7 times (12 when i was at 203lbs) and now i'm hittin it about 4-5 times

i've changed up my diet a bit... last week i lowered the carbs to about 80 per day and this past week i've tried carb cycling.. which i need help on the diet if anyone can lend a helping hand.. here's the link to that thread http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/146641-last-3-weeks.html

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
i had a couple weeks where i didn't drop a single pound.. but not many. i did plateau a week ago and started carb cycling. then left that for keto.... as of last night i'm officially in ketosis haha

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
It helps to stay in ketosis for 2 weeks at the beginning in order to really get your body in the mode of burning fat. I don't know how that fits with your cutting time line.

And some hardcore people just stay in ketosis for a long time and not do a carb up.

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
so my time frame starts from the moment i get into ketosis? or when i start my low carb..

i was really hoping to be able to carb up this next weekend.. HUGE family deal at my parents' house in TN.. havent' seen everyone since august and i was wantin to eat carbs.. that would have been around 10 days from my first low carb day so i thought it was timed well.. should i definitely not do that?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
That should be fine. 2 weeks from elimination of carbs. Since you aren't in competition mode, have a ball at the get together. Now if you are like me, about 400 g 0f carbs and I start to get a headache and feel like crap. Usually I eat junk anyway and too much sweets. Some guys try to pound 1000-1200g of carbs over a day and a half, but that didn't work out toowell for me.

sub001

Awards
Nice work! I hope I look anywhere near that shredded after my cutting session. I am not happy with my size so I will be carb cycling. I am also taking something to control my insulin and absorption which should help. It will also throw me into ketosis much faster.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
your back looks 5x better with your smaller waist, impressive.

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
well.. i thought i'd cut for one more week.. but i'm starting mdrol in 2 weeks and i want to allow a 2 week transition so my body doesn't flip out from being on keto

both pics are were taken in the morning, so zero pump... the "after" pic is completely carb depleted so i'm flat as hell. not as much of a change as i wanted but i think it went decent

remember this is 8 weeks of cutting

Attachments

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
thought it would be neat to see me at 200lbs

i bulked to 200 and then cut to 180. then i bulked to 188 and cut to 174

Attachments