4-andro not working?

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So my father in law wanted to try 4-Andro because it converts to testosterone but doesn’t want to try trt yet (🙄). It should be noted he has a natural test level in the 200s. Anyways he bought Brutal 4ce and is saying he noticed absolutely nothing. Each cap is 65mgs and he said he did 2 weeks of 2 caps ed and 2 weeks of 4 caps a day. He noticed no increase in energy, strength, recovery, nothing. If anything he said he is feeling more tired. Thoughts?

DinnerTable

DinnerTable

Awards
2 caps a day (130mg) is pretty much a waste.
4 caps a day (260mg) is better but still kind of a waste, and only at 2 weeks wouldnt see any results anyways.

I'd opt for a transdermal over the oral. But, if going with the oral, I'd do 300mg a day at 8 weeks minimum.

This is just my opinion.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
2 caps a day (130mg) is pretty much a waste.
4 caps a day (260mg) is better but still kind of a waste, and only at 2 weeks wouldnt see any results anyways.

I'd opt for a transdermal over the oral. But, if going with the oral, I'd do 300mg a day at 8 weeks minimum.

This is just my opinion.
He has been using it for 4 weeks. And again he has low T so I would think he would feel something. Also this is his first muscle building supplement as well. Never even used a regular test booster.

Last edited:
DinnerTable

DinnerTable

Awards
He has been using it for 4 weeks. And again he has low T so I would think he would feel something. Also this is his first muscle building supplement as well. Never even used a regular test booster.
For me, andros didnt start hitting good until 6 weeks in. There are also a whole other host of reasons why he may not have been feeling it on 4 caps, and may have felt more tired.. but my guess is this: 4 caps@ 65mg each is just starting to get into the realm, and i doubt 2 weeks at that dose would do much. Then again everyone is different I suppose.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did he try any lifestyle changes? I mean it's am otc prohormone it's not a magic pill so you gotta work to make it work if that makes any sense. Then again I'm not a fan of Andros at all so i wouldn't doubt it didn't do anything

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So my father in law wanted to try 4-Andro because it converts to testosterone but doesn’t want to try trt yet (🙄). It should be noted he has a natural test level in the 200s. Anyways he bought Brutal 4ce and is saying he noticed absolutely nothing. Each cap is 65mgs and he said he did 2 weeks of 2 caps ed and 2 weeks of 4 caps a day. He noticed no increase in energy, strength, recovery, nothing. If anything he said he is feeling more tired. Thoughts?
Yeah he "should feel the 4-Andro" if he's low T, unless he's just super out of shape + already hypogonadic? IF it's "making him more tired" sounds like he's low T and this could be suppressing his current already low T state?

If your pops has never even taken a test booster, nor any other PED nor exogenous Testosterone (TRT), then one may not know the subtle "on feeling" from exogenous androgens also? If one just knows a coffee, beer, marijuana "buzz" they won't feel the 4-Andro until they're really working it in the gym.

Anyway, I was "low T" and the 4-andro definitely helped me, until I got to actual UGL TRT >> Real doc TRT. But it's not magic and without a real test base, doesn't work forever.. I even had a post from 2019 debating the idea of using 4-Andro long-run as an oral test base, but this isn't viable..

Maybe the oral 4-andro (I still have a bottle of Brutal-4CE from BSL myself) doesn't work with his gut? Blackstone is/should be using cyclosomal / liposomal delivery (coats drug particles in lipids to pass the digestion into the blood), however I think there's some transdermal 4-Andro on the market still. Iconic Formulations used to have it, but not anymore.. maybe IML?

That said if his bloodwork shows the low T range, so he's already getting doctor-ordered bloodwork? Just walk him over to the Urologist and get the Test Cyp 100mg/week RX done, should get like 6 months' worth Test Cyp 200 vials for the insurance $copay. Then the Brutal 4CE (4-Andro) will work WAY better when he's not trying to use it to raise baseline Test levels up orally.

Speaking of good oral, lol... there's oral (twice daily) testosterone now, and transdermal test cremes my Urologist said - if he's super old school and afraid of the "pinning" part of it.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don't forget the esters they attach to the 4-dhea making them even less than 65mg of 4-dhea once you subtract the ester weight. IMO I think the esters are pointless and window dressing and I like andros.

I personally would go topical or get Hi-Techs Sustanon 250. Yes the name is stupid but it has more per tab and even has a touch of epiandro in there as well.

Side Rant: WAY TOO MANY older guys think a touch of testosterone is going to make them feel like they are 18 again and it just doesn't work that way especially if they are not in great shape to begin with.
Unrealistic expectations are the parents of disappointment and frustration.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don't forget the esters they attach to the 4-dhea making them even less than 65mg of 4-dhea once you subtract the ester weight. IMO I think the esters are pointless and window dressing and I like andros.

I personally would go topical or get Hi-Techs Sustanon 250. Yes the name is stupid but it has more per tab and even has a touch of epiandro in there as well.

Side Rant: WAY TOO MANY older guys think a touch of testosterone is going to make them feel like they are 18 again and it just doesn't work that way especially if they are not in great shape to begin with.
.... And too many younger guys believe a little extra Test is going to change their world.

#inb4howdoesitmakeyoufeel

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

He is in decent shape and just wanted a boost. I mean I have used 4-andro at similar doses and noticed a boost so I can’t understand why he feels nothing at all. But I suppose we are all different. I will get him a transdermal version to try

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Even TRT (100mg to get into upper range from low range) at 55 for me made no real difference how I felt in anyway. I noticed much more from topical dhea. I did not feel more energy from test until I got up to 300-400mg. I would try topical dhea. It’s cheap, effective and you can run it year around without and of the side effects from andros/anabolics.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

So true...I just SMH when I see those stupid nugenix commercials with frank Thomas and the crew

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote