37 yr old male with low test, what now?

Diesel350z

Awards
So I went to my general doctor to complain about low energy levels and lower than normal sex drive so he had me do a blood test to check my testosterone levels. Tested for total test which came back at 240L and TSH w/reflex to T4 and that came in at 2.64 (.40-4.50) He wanted to test me again in 4 weeks to make sure the levels came back the same and send me to go get my total test and Prolactin tested. So if my levels come back again low most likely he will put me on some form of test but he kind of sounded hesitant on wanting to put me on test because he mentioned it would be a life long thing. He also mentioned I may have sleep apnea and wanted me to go get a sleep study done but I have no issues with sleep and I sleep like a rock so not sure why he wants me to get a sleep study done. Should I get a sleep study done?

If I do indeed need to get TRT he mentioned 4 delivery methods; Gel, Pellet, injection, patch. Which would be the best delivery method? He also said I would need to come into the office every two weeks to get treated if I chose the injection path. This to me sounds inconvenient and not sure why they wouldn't just give me the prescription for me to do it at home. Thoughts?

justmechillin

Try Axis-HT, Zinc Picolinate, DAA, b6, Magnesium Citrate and D3... I love Hypertest but Axis-HT is stronger... ;-)

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try Axis-HT, Zinc Picolinate, DAA, b6, Magnesium Citrate and D3... I love Hypertest but Axis-HT is stronger... ;-)
If his test is that low, these a) wont help and b) will make it lower when he stops.

I am 25 and went on TRT for 6 months before seeking a second opinion. My test was at 280 at 25 and that's LOW.

You need to go to a urologist who specialzies in male fertility with the results u already have. He SHOULD then test your:

Free and total test
Shbg
Prolactin
Estradiol
LH- if these are low or low normal
FSH-these two ^^ you will benefit greatly, like I did, from a clomid restart.
My test went from 500 (on patch TRT) to 800 in 4 weeks with clomid protocol for a pituitary restart. The clomid will tell your brain to tell your balls to start making test again. I feel great and I've been off any treatment for 3 months now.

That Being said- patches are awful- they burn, itch, fall off, NEVER use them! Gels can be a pain in the ass and have poor absorption and dry your skin veryyyy badly. Pellets would irk me out personally but have good results from what I've read. Injections is the only way to go in my honest opinion. With THAT being said- every two weeks is extremely outdated approach. Your levels at day 1 will be super high and then by the 10-13th day you'll feel like crap waiting for the injection ...

The best injection route is test cyp or enth at 30-50 mg e3d (every third day). A small amount more frequently to help keep your levels stable and elevated. Not up and down like a roller coaster.

But you would be very wise to try to get yourself going with clomid. 240 is low, but it's not So low that u can't salvage it.

justmechillin

If his test is that low, these a) wont help and b) will make it lower when he stops.

I am 25 and went on TRT for 6 months before seeking a second opinion. My test was at 280 at 25 and that's LOW.

You need to go to a urologist who specialzies in male fertility with the results u already have. He SHOULD then test your:

Free and total test
Shbg
Prolactin
Estradiol
My test went from 500 (on patch TRT) to 800 in 4 weeks with clomid protocol for a pituitary restart. The clomid will tell your brain to tell your balls to start making test again. I feel great and I've been off any treatment for 3 months now.

That Being said- patches are awful- they burn, itch, fall off, NEVER use them! Gels can be a pain in the ass and have poor absorption and dry your skin veryyyy badly. Pellets would irk me out personally but have good results from what I've read. Injections is the only way to go in my honest opinion. With THAT being said- every two weeks is extremely outdated approach. Your levels at day 1 will be super high and then by the 10-13th day you'll feel like crap waiting for the injection ...

The best injection route is test cyp or enth at 30-50 mg e3d (every third day). A small amount more frequently to help keep your levels stable and elevated. Not up and down like a roller coaster.

But you would be very wise to try to get yourself going with clomid. 240 is low, but it's not So low that u can't salvage it.
I was going to recommend clomid w/ 7keto and L-Orthinine if this didn't work, but it will..... Why do you have low T at 25???... Did you screw yourself up, just wondering... My dr would throw you out of his office before giving a 25yr old anything androgenic w/ low t...... I think I read somewhere that you aren't even allowed to post if under age 35 in this forum, correct... Anyhow, back to reality... My Dr. gave me T-Cyp at age 43 and I don't take it because that combo works so damn well... I can "only" dumb bell curl my bodyweight on nothing but these otc supps, now that I am more concerned with my cardio at 35+......

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was going to recommend clomid w/ 7keto and L-Orthinine if this didn't work, but it will..... Why do you have low T at 25???... Did you screw yourself up, just wondering... My dr would throw you out of his office before giving a 25yr old anything androgenic w/ low t...... I think I read somewhere that you aren't even allowed to post if under age 35 in this forum, correct... Anyhow, back to reality... My Dr. gave me T-Cyp at age 43 and I don't take it because that combo works so damn well... I can "only" dumb bell curl my bodyweight on nothing but these otc supps, now that I am more concerned with my cardio at 35+......
I was anorexic from 16-18 and fried my pituitary and adrenals. Nearly died at 94 pounds after being 194 at age 15. I was fat and couldn't stop losin weight and exercising and eating less and less.

So that's why, plus years of OTC supp use and some PH use before all the lovely bans came out with no knowledge of proper pct bc I was a stupid teenager.

justmechillin

I was anorexic from 16-18 and fried my pituitary and adrenals. Nearly died at 94 pounds after being 194 at age 15. I was fat and couldn't stop losin weight and exercising and eating less and less.

So that's why, plus years of OTC supp use and some PH use before all the lovely bans came out with no knowledge of proper pct bc I was a stupid teenager.
I am sorry to hear about what you went thru, and am still surprised that there hasn't been some class action lawsuits result from the horror stories like yours. You need to learn how your endocrine works b4 your dhea levels start to decline starting around age 30... There is a reason why I didn't recommend regular DHEA to this guy that started the thread either. FYI- My first anabolic cycle was at age 39... I am happy as hell that some 16yr old kid cant wander into GNC/Vitamin Shoppee anymore and stunt their growth and majorly screw themselves up w/ some form of Andro. You need to take the advise that I gave Diesel350z. I ate "1" Axis-HT, took a shower and my balls were hanging damn near to my knees! ;-)

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am sorry to hear about what you went thru, and am still surprised that there hasn't been some class action lawsuits result from the horror stories like yours. You need to learn how your endocrine works b4 your dhea levels start to decline starting around age 30... There is a reason why I didn't recommend regular DHEA to this guy that started the thread either. FYI- My first anabolic cycle was at age 39... I am happy as hell that some 16yr old kid cant wander into GNC/Vitamin Shoppee anymore and stunt their growth and majorly screw themselves up w/ some form of Andro. You need to take the advise that I gave Diesel350z. I ate "1" Axis-HT, took a shower and my balls were hanging damn near to my knees! ;-)
My balls r low riding now haha my gf is like wow they're huge and loww. I just nod n smile loll.

I know dhea is super important but never looked into it. I should do some reading

justmechillin

My balls r low riding now haha my gf is like wow they're huge and loww. I just nod n smile loll.

I know dhea is super important but never looked into it. I should do some reading
Im glad to hear that you are back online. I need to edit the post about the Axis-HT, it was taken w/ 25mg. of 7keto to offset the sides of fina... If I wasn't on 1mg of fina, the effects of this combo would be even more profound.... ;-)

rphash49

Awards

Free and total test
Shbg
Prolactin
Estradiol

Nice post.

OP if you are considering Clomid you can find multiple medical research studies showing Clomid being effective for a restart of low test in both young and old males that you may want to read. Doubt your doctor would prescribe Clomid so like chedapalooza said you may need to see a specialized 'low fertility' doctor. In the studies they dose it anywhere from 30 days to 6 months at 25mg or 50mg a day or every other day. All the studies I've read showed that it was basically 100% effective(I hate saying anything is 100%) with no lasting side effects. Def get LH and FSH checked as stated above. Good luck!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice post.

OP if you are considering Clomid you can find multiple medical research studies showing Clomid being effective for a restart of low test in both young and old males that you may want to read. Doubt your doctor would prescribe Clomid so like chedapalooza said you may need to see a specialized 'low fertility' doctor. In the studies they dose it anywhere from 30 days to 6 months at 25mg or 50mg a day or every other day. All the studies I've read showed that it was basically 100% effective(I hate saying anything is 100%) with no lasting side effects. Def get LH and FSH checked as stated above. Good luck!
Yea I was 50mg every day for 21 days then dropped to 25mg everyday for 7. Then 25 eod for 3. Afterward I came off, no issues at all.

justmechillin

I he takes the vitamins that I listed w/ the Dr. ordered clomid, then he wont be on or need the clomid for more than 1 week at 25mg a day..........................

That is if he even needed it in the first place.....

justmechillin

Now if he has been doing 500mg of test a week for the last yr or so, (or decade or so...) then YES, he will need to be under a Dr.'s supervision for a long time but he never stated that in his 1st post...

justmechillin

If I do indeed need to get TRT he mentioned 4 delivery methods; Gel, Pellet, injection, patch. Which would be the best delivery method? He also said I would need to come into the office every two weeks to get treated if I chose the injection path. This to me sounds inconvenient and not sure why they wouldn't just give me the prescription for me to do it at home. Thoughts?
If you go to his office every two weeks, then it make's him more $$$ and is a waist of your time... Get him to write a script and take it every 5 days if it's T-cyp... For example, if the scrip is for 300mg every 2 weeks, then take 100mg every 5 days.

Now if you get tired of taking it like I did, then reread what I wrote... The longer you are on it, the longer the pct will be.....

Diesel350z

Awards
Ok so I went to a TRT doctor to get my tests done again and to test for a few additional things and as expected my levels are very low.

Total test went down to 129L
Free Test was 33.4. Range 35-155
LH was 1.4. Range 1.5- 9.3
Prolactin and Estradoil were both in range.

So looks like I'm going to have to go into the office every 2 weeks to get a shot until I can find a doctor that will prescribe it to me.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok so I went to a TRT doctor to get my tests done again and to test for a few additional things and as expected my levels are very low.

Total test went down to 129L
Free Test was 33.4. Range 35-155
LH was 1.4. Range 1.5- 9.3
Prolactin and Estradoil were both in range.

So looks like I'm going to have to go into the office every 2 weeks to get a shot until I can find a doctor that will prescribe it to me.
Tbh. I wouldn't start a 2 week regimen. Tell him how u want to be treated or don't give him your business. I can't imagine the roller coaster of a 2 week schedule.

justmechillin

I would try clomid 1st., just to know if it would have worked for you, along w/ the supp. in my 1st post. If clomid doesn't work, trt will...

cainb96

Awards
would the clomid or Axis HT Pro approach work for someone like me. Bellow is my results taken last week.

TESTS RESULT FLAG UNITS REFERENCE INTERVAL
Testosterone, Serum 531 ng/dL 348-1197
Free Testosterone(Direct) 11.6 pg/mL 8.7-25.1

and a question about Axis HT. Is it just ZMA?

rphash49

Awards
would the clomid or Axis HT Pro approach work for someone like me. Bellow is my results taken last week.

TESTS RESULT FLAG UNITS REFERENCE INTERVAL
Testosterone, Serum 531 ng/dL 348-1197
Free Testosterone(Direct) 11.6 pg/mL 8.7-25.1

and a question about Axis HT. Is it just ZMA?
Is this after a cycle or are these your normal numbers? I ask because 500 is normal for some people. Clomid can give you a restart but I don't think it will perminantly increase your normal levels.

cainb96

Awards
Those are my normal test levels. Just looking for a non PH sup that actually works.

rphash49

Awards
Those are my normal test levels. Just looking for a non PH sup that actually works.
As far as non hormonal supps DAA will be your best bet. But once you stop using it your levels will go back to normal.

Fyi- sleep, diet and stress can all affect test lvls

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
As far as non hormonal supps DAA will be your best bet. But once you stop using it your levels will go back to normal.

Fyi- sleep, diet and stress can all affect test lvls
That is, if you believe in daa for raising test. Didn't for me per labs but if it works for you right on

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is, if you believe in daa for raising test. Didn't for me per labs but if it works for you right on
Daa brought me from 800 to 1100 In 3 weeks.. Raised e2 and prolactin tho as well. Therefore DAA+powerfull+1-2 caps erase = perfection

rixrix

Awards
Nice post.

It's slightly more complicated than that in my understanding. The clomid therapy is usually done as a 'test' to see whether the testicles can be stimulated. If the clomid doesn't stimulate testosterone, it is primary, if the clomid increases test it is secondary.

I would advise you to at least try to restart with clomid and/or HCG. You can always do TRT later if you need it. But once your nuts shrink, it's usually for life; getting off of it has been done but frequently doesn't work.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's slightly more complicated than that in my understanding. The clomid therapy is usually done as a 'test' to see whether the testicles can be stimulated. If the clomid doesn't stimulate testosterone, it is primary, if the clomid increases test it is secondary.

I would advise you to at least try to restart with clomid and/or HCG. You can always do TRT later if you need it. But once your nuts shrink, it's usually for life; getting off of it has been done but frequently doesn't work.
This.

It's a long process to embark on, but well worth it. A year ago at this time I was starting TRT..
Today my natural test levels are 800-1000 depending on various factors.. All from a clomid restart ..

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm the same

Hey man how are you?
I'm in the same boat as you. Been having injections of test for several months now not really noticing a difference but was also wonder about the estrogen levels my self. I bought an aroma taste blocker but haven't started it yet. Could you share some info you've learned with me? We should use this test thing to our advantage, I'm 41 BTW.
Thanks for some help