23yo with Low Free T but Normal Total T

Jam311

Awards
I've started bulking again for the first time in a long time. As I am being very serious with my training, diet, and sleep I decided it would be a good idea to get some basic blood work done (from lifeextension.com) to see where I'm at.

Hormone Panel:
Total Test: 607 ng/dL
Free Test: 6.5 pg/mL
DHEA-Sulfate: 294.0 ug/dL
Estradiol: 19.2 pg/mL
Prostate Specific Ag: 0.2 ng/mL

I was startled at how low my Free Test was. That being said I haven't been experiencing any of the associated symptoms of low T. I workout 5-6 days a week, currently lifting heavy in order to get stronger and regain some loss strength after focusing more on calisthenics and cardio the past few years. I get about 6-7 hours of sleep a night and maybe a few hours more on the weekends. I eat a pretty healthy diet mostly consisting of lean meats, fruits, veggies, peanut butter, and whole grains.

I did some research and I know albumin and SHBG levels could be high and that could be limiting my free test. I plan on getting another blood panel in a month or so that would include those tests too (if anyone has recommendations on more comprehensive panels that aren't too expensive I would appreciate it). In the meantime, what are some things I could do increase my free test levels? Also, is there a chance this test was inaccurate either through laboratory testing procedures or due to acute factors in my life?

I appreciate any advice and guidance y'all can provide. Thanks.

(also if this is in the wrong subforum I apologize)

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Boron
Tongkat ali - may or may not help - in my case I also had borderline low free T while on off cycling this..
Nettle - may increase free T but also reduce DHT -

Boron would be the best and cheapest way to do it - try that first.

Jam311

Awards
I appreciate it. I'll supplement with some boron and tongkat ali for the next month or so before retesting my hormone levels.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That should be long enough to check bloods again and see if it's working

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
SHBG

Conversion issue. Remember, testosterone is created from Cholesterol. Free T is what is circulating in the bloodstream. Total is not as important.

600 is average at best. That is not "normal" unless you are older. It is widely "accepted" bc Mens T levels in America are **** these days bc of food, estrogens, and plastics, etc...

Might wanna consider something like DHT or even adding Exem at super low dose on top of the Boron

Your call.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
SHBG

Conversion issue. Remember, testosterone is created from Cholesterol. Free T is what is circulating in the bloodstream. Total is not as important.

600 is average at best. That is not "normal" unless you are older. It is widely "accepted" bc Mens T levels in America are **** these days bc of food, estrogens, and plastics, etc...

Might wanna consider something like DHT or even adding Exem at super low dose on top of the Boron

Your call.
Does exemestane raise free testosterone? I know it's a steroidal ai but I didn't know it was capable of doing that

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Does exemestane raise free testosterone? I know it's a steroidal ai but I didn't know it was capable of doing that
Yes it does 💪💪

Jam311

Awards
I've got tonkgat ali and boron on the way. Gonna supplement 6mg Boron and 1000mg of 200:1 Tongkat ali every day for the next 6 weeks before getting new blood tests done. Ideally I will be getting the same full panel with albumin and SHBG also included.