The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The Arizona Cardinals have hired former Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury to be their next head coach for a 4 year deal.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have reached agreement with Bruce Arians for a 4 year deal
OC Josh McDaniels says he's returning to Patriots in 2019
Broncos down to Vic Fangio, Mike Munchak for head-coaching job
Ravens promote Greg Roman to offensive coordinator
Bucs hire Todd McNair, ex-USC RB coach
Broncos reach an agreement with Vic Fangio to be the head coach (Previous Chicago DC)
Cardinals make Vance Joseph defensive coordinator
Browns to name Freddie Kitchens head coach (Previous OC)

Predictions:

Saturday:

Colts @ KC: The colts have some questionable players in their secondary with Malik Hooker and Mike Mitchell unsure if they will play. They will need all the defense they can muster to stop Mahomes. Luck and Colts are hot, their offensive line is protecting him well, and the KC defense will have to pressure luck to win. I could see Indy pulling the upset if KC makes mistakes, but at home they will be favored. Cheifs 28-20

Dallas & LA Rams: I have the Rams in this one. Dallas is so up and down, and if they make any mistakes vs LA it could cost them. Cowboys also doesn't have a great track record in the post season. If Zeke and company can keep the rams off the field that is their only chance on top of making them turn the ball over. The rams will be tested, but they also have a lot of firepower on offense. Rams 27-17

Sunday:

LA @ New England: This will be closer then many people will believe. I see this coming down to Tom Brady doing what he does best and winning a close one. It is very hard to win in New England in the playoffs. 24-21 New England

Philly @ New Orleans: Does anyone remember the hurting NO Put on Philly earlier in the season? I think Foles and his luck runs out here. The saints are just too much on offense, and coming off a bye they will be ready. Saints 31-21

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not looking good. Crazier things have happened though. Vinatieri missing that was a dagger. After that half getting it to 14 wouldve been huge.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2019 NFL Draft & Season Chat Thread

Welp, was a great year for the Colts and a much better year than anyone expected it to be. Time to spend some money on defense and for Ballard to draft well again and gear up for next year. Definitely wish this game woulnt of been such an ass kicking though.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Next Weekend Divisional Playoffs:

AFC:
Patriots @ Kansas City

NFC:
LA Rams @ New Orleans

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Packers hire Nathaniel Hackett as offensive coordinator
Vikings hire Gary Kubiak as the adviser on offense // Assistant Head Coach
Jerry Rice says Antonio Brown wants to play for 49ers

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
AFC:
Patriots @ Kansas City

There should be a wintry mix forecast for this game. This could impact the high powered KC Offense. Brady and the Pats run a spread with a lot of short passes and will try and run all over you to keep Mahomes off the field. This will be a good game, but with vicious weather I give the edge to the Pats. I don't think (again think key word) that KC will be as high powered if weather is a factor. This will be close 23-20 Patriots.

NFC:
LA Rams @ New Orleans

Rams will look to revenge their 45-35 loss earlier in the year to the saints. The Rams D Line is vicious, but if Brees and the saints can establish the run game it will set up play action and some issues with the Rams Secondary. The Rams will want to run the ball and keep NO off the field. If McVay sees Brees rolling down the clock and keeping Gurley/Anderson off the field NO will win. Rams win if Saints make a late mistake, but besides that it will be close. Expect firepower and a lot of points going up
42-35 Saints

BarryBondsHOF

BarryBondsHOF

Awards
  • Established

Truthfully do not seeing Brady losing to the rookie, (starter-wise) Mahomes in that environment. Despite being in KC, Mahomes is not used to the weather as a native Texan. Plus, Brady is just Brady. I’m looking for the Saints to win again. Super Bowl is a toss-up; I want to see Brees win one more though. If he wins, I think he solidifies himself as a top 5 QB

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Truthfully do not seeing Brady losing to the rookie, (starter-wise) Mahomes in that environment. Despite being in KC, Mahomes is not used to the weather as a native Texan. Plus, Brady is just Brady. I’m looking for the Saints to win again. Super Bowl is a toss-up; I want to see Brees win one more though. If he wins, I think he solidifies himself as a top 5 QB
I just told a co-worker this same thing when I was ask my prediction on ME vs KC... I just don't see ole Bill and Brady loosing to s rookie qb no matter how good he playing(which he is balling)

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LA secondary is so suspect, robie is lost out there doing circles when Brees under threw Thomas for a td, out of position on the PI that wasn't called on wheel route, Aqib Talib is the biggest fraud money can buy. Dude is so scared of contact. Granite they do have a beast d line, but Bilicheck will just keep an extra line men, te, or back in to protect brady.
Did they ever say what the deal was with Gurley? Or was it just a game flow decision? He was playing like sh1t....

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
LA secondary is so suspect, robie is lost out there doing circles when Brees under threw Thomas for a td, out of position on the PI that wasn't called on wheel route, Aqib Talib is the biggest fraud money can buy. Dude is so scared of contact. Granite they do have a beast d line, but Bilicheck will just keep an extra line men, te, or back in to protect brady.
Did they ever say what the deal was with Gurley? Or was it just a game flow decision? He was playing like sh1t....
He has been battling injuries the last few weeks, he will need some rest to get 100%.

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
BOSSMAN Gurley was ask about his absence most of the the his response was " I didn't play good and didn't deserve to play".

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BOSSMAN Gurley was ask about his absence most of the the his response was " I didn't play good and didn't deserve to play".
Yeah that sums it up, maybe he was nervous, maybe he is still recovering from his late season injury. He definitely didn't look like himself, they better be thankful CJ carried the load.

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'd have to agree with you on that as well. Hopefully he's back to himself SuperBowl sunday

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Does anybody remember the Peyton Manning/Brady debate awhile ago?

Since then he’s Been to 2 more Super Bowls. I like manning, great Qb, but I think we have our answer.

I’m a Steelers fan by the way.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I don’t think gurley ya completely healthy, yes he didn’t play well, but he probably wants to be in there and doesn’t want to concede to injury.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Chiefs fire DC Bob Sutton following loss to Patriots

At least two lawsuits have been filed by local attorneys on behalf of Saints fans who want to compel NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to use his power under the NFL rulebook to replay the final 1:49 of regulation of New Orleans' overtime loss to the Los Angeles Rams in Sunday's NFC Championship Game.

Darren McFadden arrested on DWI charge after falling asleep in fast food chain's drive-thru lane

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha thats funny. I totally get the outrage but do they honestly think replaying that is even remotely plausible to do?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Haha thats funny. I totally get the outrage but do they honestly think replaying that is even remotely plausible to do?
The language is there in the NFL rulebook that he has discretion to do it. It’s plausible though entirely unlikely. That language was also there for the fail mary and he did nothing. That’s the most obvious and clear cut instance of an official stealing victory from one team and handing it to another that you’ll ever see. If that didn’t provoke the commissioner’s action under the rule, then I can’t imagine anything ever will.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Superbowl
Pats vs Rams

I see this game coming down to a typical NE ending where Brady gets the ball with 2 minutes left and the game in his hands. I don't see this being a blowout on either side but there are some critical factors to look out for:

NE:
- Shutdown CJ Anderson and TG III
- Force Jared Goff to make mistakes
- Utilize Gronk and create mismatches with their linebackers

Rams:
- Keep Brady off the field
- Start the run game early and establish the line of scrimmage
- Can not turn the ball over

This is a coinflip, as much as I like to see the young team come out on top I give NE the edge with their experience. I predict a 27-24 finish that could go either way. I am just hoping for a close and competitive game.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As much as I would like to see the Rams prevail also, I see a NE blowout. LA secondary will be exposed and Bilicheck will protect Brady as he hasn't been sacked once in the playoffs. 34-17 NE

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't honestly see NE loosing 2 SBs in a row

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
One of the most boring SB's to date if you like offense
Brady wins his 6th
Edelman wins the MVP for a 10+ Catch performance.
Pats 13-3

Cheif's are favored in 2019-2020 to win the SB

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yea I just saw that as well...I am not really sure what to make of that..I am guessing he was just that anxious to at least be back in the league,career wise not sure if that was the best decision.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

The best thing for his career was to get back in the league. Plus, the browns are on the ascent. From the standpoint of a good young player, the browns are probably a pretty attractive option with all of their young talent and potential. However, we have to keep in mind that it is still the Browns so you never know how it'll all work out.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The best thing for his career was to get back in the league. Plus, the browns are on the ascent. From the standpoint of a good young player, the browns are probably a pretty attractive option with all of their young talent and potential. However, we have to keep in mind that it is still the Browns so you never know how it'll all work out.
The browns have a lot going for them, but their hire at HC was a bit of a head scratcher for me. Time will tell. Also curious to see if Haslam can just stay out of the way long enough for the ship to get righted.

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Man with as much bad luck the Browns have had over the years it's to the point when they make (what us and the league calls)good decision they're almost head scratchers for most..But hopefully they will turn that around the next couple yrs with Mayfield ,Laundry,Hunt and these upcoming draft picks

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hunt isn't in the same league as Chubb.

But maybe Hunt provides a way out for Duke Johnson. I'd like to see Johnson in Pittsburgh or Philly and catch 100 passes next yr.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Wide receiver Antonio Brown asks Steelers for a trade
Cap hit of 22 million... if the Steelers Trade/Cut brown that is $21.1 million in dead money
Cap Charges if post-June 1st
2019 - $7 Million
2020 - $14.1 Million
Texans release veteran WR Demaryius Thomas
Mississippi State defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons, a projected first-round pick in the NFL draft, suffered a torn ACL in his left knee

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1230pm.....local boy Flacco traded to denver

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Falcons won't tender restricted free-agent CB Brian Poole
Broncos likely not to exercise option on LB Brandon Marshall

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Jaguars name Dom Capers senior defensive assistant
Falcons, OL Ty Sambrailo agree to three-year extension
Cardinals sign TE Charles Clay to one-year deal

Kevinhim

Kevinhim

Awards
I'm pretty salty that my birds are going w/ wentz over foles. Nothing against wentz, but as a philly native we all know foles earned the job.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm pretty salty that my birds are going w/ wentz over foles. Nothing against wentz, but as a philly native we all know foles earned the job.
I agree, but thats the way of the NFL these days apparently. Go with the younger guy

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A guy comes off the bench, has a stellar playoff record, wins the MVP and the Superbowl
But we will keep him on the bench

*Shrugs*

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
More than likely Foles with comeback off the bench again 2019 season Wentz is kinda going down that road of injury prone..

Kevinhim

Kevinhim

Awards
More than likely Foles with comeback off the bench again 2019 season Wentz is kinda going down that road of injury prone..
There's no way the eagles are gonna keep em, they can't afford him anymore. I'll bet he's gonna go to the jags

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ravens release Michael Crabtree after one season
Greg Robinson re-signs with Browns

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Anyone see DK Metcalf? 1.6% body fat supposedly. That’s him on the right. Next question is how long until he pops for PEDs lol IMG_6700.jpg

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone see DK Metcalf? 1.6% body fat supposedly. That’s him on the right. Next question is how long until he pops for PEDs lol View attachment 180287
He’s not 1.6% body fat. Anyone who think he’s sub 2% body fat needs their eyes checked.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s in insane shape, with great size and leanness and put up an amazing combine performance, but 1.6% body fat is less than what bodybuilders step on stage at the Olympia at. At 6,3” 228, if he actually had 1.6% body fat he’d have essentially the same amount of lean muscle mass (224lbs) as peak Arnold, except leaner. But he’s not bigger or leaner than Olympia-ready Arnold. Because of course he’s not.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
He’s not 1.6% body fat. Anyone who think he’s sub 2% body fat needs their eyes checked.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s in insane shape, with great size and leanness and put up an amazing combine performance, but 1.6% body fat is less than what bodybuilders step on stage at the Olympia at. At 6,3” 228, if he actually had 1.6% body fat he’d have essentially the same amount of lean muscle mass (224lbs) as peak Arnold, except leaner. But he’s not bigger or leaner than Olympia-ready Arnold. Because of course he’s not.
That’s what I said. Reporter claimed he was 1.6% which I’m sure is what he said but just to gain some hype pre-draft.

He’s in insane shape but he’s also on something else in this picture. Watching him at the combine yesterday he was significantly less dry than in that photo.

My guess is he ran some DHT and possibly a diuretic for the pic to generate some buzz. Mission accomplished lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

We’re not actually claiming he has more muscle mass than this, right?