2009 College Football Season

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Who cares. It was actually Florida's Spring Orange/Blue game 3 months early.

The whole 2007 Gator season was a tune up year sandwiched between 2 National Championships.

PSU's last 15 seasons have all been tune-ups. Sandwiched between tune-ups.
amen!! finally someone from SEC admits a "tuneup" year. You are the more wiser and least immature one on here "old gator"

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
amen!! finally someone from SEC admits a "tuneup" year. You are the more wiser and least immature one on here "old gator"
I think you need to read just a bit harder into oldgator's statement there, plenny.

It's not remotely intended in the manner in which you're seeing it...

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its amazing how OHIO STATE always jumps out at the sec fans. again, whats michigan's record vs SEC ? look it up my friend and tell me the answer
Lol - Strong rebuttal buddy...

:rolleyes:

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
I think you need to read just a bit harder into oldgator's statement there, plenny.

It's not remotely intended in the manner in which you're seeing it...
i know? i see things differently cause im from the big 10 nation the best in academics. anybody can get a degree from an SEC school.

"how do you get a florida gator graduate off your front porch"?...pay him for the pizza..........:toofunny:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i know? i see things differently cause im from the big 10 nation the best in academics. anybody can get a degree from an SEC school.

"how do you get a florida gator graduate off your front porch"?...pay him for the pizza..........:toofunny:
Here's a news bulletin for you plenny: I have my degree from the university of connecticut; a big east school. I live in florida, and will eventually have a masters degree from UF. Making a subjective blanket statement like you have here about academics is just asinine.

If your articulation and writing skills are any indication of this "academic" pride, then i'd say this is getting better by the minute. :006:

Lighten up, plenny. We're not here to crucify you for being a big 10 fan. It is quite amusing busting your balls, though. ;)

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Punked by Spurrier. Wow, Kiffin is truly the red-headed stepchild of the SEC.
http://blog.al.com/solomon/2009/05/spurrier_confronts_kiffin.html

"Told of Kiffin's comment late Tuesday, Spurrier shook his head and faced Kiffin, who was waiting for an elevator with a couple other coaches. "I didn't accuse you of cheating," Spurrier told Kiffin. "I said, 'Is it permissible to call recruits before he's announced as head coach, before you take the test?"

Spurrier then turned back toward reporters and told them Kiffin took the test online and was unaware that was allowed. Kiffin's face turned red during the 40-second exchange and said something that was inaudible."

:lol::lol::lol:

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Punked by Spurrier. Wow, Kiffin is truly the red-headed stepchild of the SEC.
I think I may actually miss all this after Lame's run out of town.

I love checking out the Tennessee Boards and seeing all the nervous hand wringing goin on.

Most Vols realize how easy it would be for them to hate this spoiled brat from California with little respect for the SEC, except for the pesky fact that he's their head football coach! That makes for a quite a bit of unease in the heart of Johnny-Reb.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Here's a news bulletin for you plenny: I have my degree from the university of connecticut; a big east school. I live in florida, and will eventually have a masters degree from UF. Making a subjective blanket statement like you have here about academics is just asinine.

If your articulation and writing skills are any indication of this "academic" pride, then i'd say this is getting better by the minute. :006:

Lighten up, plenny. We're not here to crucify you for being a big 10 fan. It is quite amusing busting your balls, though. ;)
this is a message board. what does writing skills have to do with it. this is not a esay paper or resume. its TRASH talkin'. im not saying im being crucified..i like it when you guys bash me and my opinions and FACTS. i agree the SEC is ONE of the best conferences in college...but the big 10 is THE best. JMO.

BTW...trauma, all B.S. aside......good luck with your master's:wave2:

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
anybody can get a degree from an SEC school.

That's an accurate statement - for 1975.
Ah, times have changed at Florida Plenny. Can't speak for the other SEC schools, but UF is at least as tough to get into as PSU Main Campus (I have familiarity with both).

From My College Choice Chances 2009:

Admission to the University of Florida is surprisingly competitive for the large student population; last year, over 22,973 students applied and only 6,596 were admitted, meaning over 70% of applicants are rejected. The students had a combined average SAT score of 1240 and a comprehensive ACT score ranging 24 to 29. Over 80% of admitted students were ranked in the top 10% of their high school graduating class with an average high school GPA of about 3.9. These high statistics may be surprising for a large state school, however, U Florida has constantly been attempting to up their standards for admission and draw more out of state students, which has been remarkably successful.

When my daughter applied in 2005 (we are from PA) she had a 1310 SAT and was in the top 5% of her class and was only admitted to UF if she agreed to start in the summer session.

My admission in 1975 would have been a clerical error by today's standards.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
this is a message board. what does writing skills have to do with it. this is not a esay paper or resume. its TRASH talkin'. im not saying im being crucified..i like it when you guys bash me and my opinions and FACTS. i agree the SEC is ONE of the best conferences in college...but the big 10 is THE best. JMO.

BTW...trauma, all B.S. aside......good luck with your master's:wave2:
Do you honestly believe the Big 10 is the best? Theres just no way. There's no way. You..you are awesome sir. And I dont mean that sarcastically. You inspire awe and are worthy of it.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i agree the SEC is ONE of the best conferences in college...but the big 10 is THE best. JMO.
Do you honestly believe the Big 10 is the best? Theres just no way. There's no way. You..you are awesome sir. And I dont mean that sarcastically. You inspire awe and are worthy of it.
TT, I'm pretty sure that JMO stands for "Jerk me off"... because plenny doesn't really believe what he typed. He was just being ironic... right???:dunno:

:no::no::no:

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
TT, I'm pretty sure that JMO stands for "Jerk me off"... because plenny doesn't really believe what he typed. He was just being ironic... right???:dunno:

:no::no::no:
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..good one!. rubbering, you so need to relocate from the "bay area":hitit:

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
That's an accurate statement - for 1975.
Ah, times have changed at Florida Plenny. Can't speak for the other SEC schools, but UF is at least as tough to get into as PSU Main Campus (I have familiarity with both).

From My College Choice Chances 2009:

Admission to the University of Florida is surprisingly competitive for the large student population; last year, over 22,973 students applied and only 6,596 were admitted, meaning over 70% of applicants are rejected. The students had a combined average SAT score of 1240 and a comprehensive ACT score ranging 24 to 29. Over 80% of admitted students were ranked in the top 10% of their high school graduating class with an average high school GPA of about 3.9. These high statistics may be surprising for a large state school, however, U Florida has constantly been attempting to up their standards for admission and draw more out of state students, which has been remarkably successful.

When my daughter applied in 2005 (we are from PA) she had a 1310 SAT and was in the top 5% of her class and was only admitted to UF if she agreed to start in the summer session.

My admission in 1975 would have been a clerical error by today's standards.
impressive!! hell, i wouldn't have made it. But gator, if you had a son who was an all american in highschool and was in the top 5 recruits for wr/rb in the country...they would take him if he had a 700 sat and a <2.5 gpa..wouldn't they???:dunno:

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
THE Ohio State Buckeyes 2009 schedule, USC obviously the biggest game on the schedule at least they are coming to the birth place of this wonderful sport Ohio. If we can get by them 11-1 if not 10-2 who knows could be another run at the BCS national championship game. O-H-I-O GO BUCKS!!

Sat, Sep 05 Navy Columbus, Ohio

Sat, Sep 12 USC Columbus, Ohio

Sat, Sep 19 Toledo at Cleveland, Ohio

Sat, Sep 26 Illinois Columbus, Ohio

Sat, Oct 03 Indiana * at Bloomington, Ind.

Sat, Oct 10 Wisconsin Columbus, Ohio

Sat, Oct 17 Purdue at West Lafayette, Ind.

Sat, Oct 24 Minnesota Columbus, Ohio

Sat, Oct 31 New Mexico State Columbus, Ohio

Sat, Nov 07 Penn State at State College, Penn.

Sat, Nov 14 Iowa Columbus, Ohio

Sat, Nov 21 Michigan at Ann Arbor, Mich.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
THE Ohio State Buckeyes 2009 schedule, USC obviously the biggest game on the schedule at least they are coming to the birth place of this wonderful sport Ohio. If we can get by them 11-1 if not 10-2 who knows could be another run at the BCS national championship game. O-H-I-O GO BUCKS!!

And how ironic would it be only to get throttled by florida, again. :lol:

Welcome, bucknuts. ;)

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
as a fellow Ohio state fan, I gotta say I wasn't overly impressed by what I saw in the spring game, pretty sloppy. Hopefully we can get it together...definitely talent there. Nonetheless, a great chance at winning the big ten and a rosebowl trip as usual

And also as a fellow big ten fan, to say the big ten is currently the best conference (assuming you did mean currently) is insanity, no offense.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
who knows could be another run at the BCS national championship game. O-H-I-O GO BUCKS!!
:hypnotized: :hypnotized: :hypnotized: Repeat after me...."I really DON'T want that to happen". :hypnotized: :hypnotized: :hypnotized:

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
as a fellow Ohio state fan, I gotta say I wasn't overly impressed by what I saw in the spring game, pretty sloppy. Hopefully we can get it together...definitely talent there. Nonetheless, a great chance at winning the big ten and a rosebowl trip as usual

And also as a fellow big ten fan, to say the big ten is currently the best conference (assuming you did mean currently) is insanity, no offense.
I didn't say that the Big Ten was the best conference I don't believe that at all. The system is what it is though and if we can manage to get by a USC team with a new qb and a lot new starters on defense then we will be in the BCS picture again, much to the shagrin of most people in this thread who think the top 2 SEC teams should play each other for the national championship. I for one love all the hate we get around the country because you only get that with success.The chatter would be totally different had we have won either of those 2 national championship games so we have ourselves to blame for the negativity. Would I have rather we didn't play in those games so we didn't lose them? no way! GO BUCKS!

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
much to the shagrin of most people in this thread who think the top 2 SEC teams should play each other for the national championship.
They already do!!

It's called the SEC Championship Game which has produced the last 3 National Champions in games that were more exciting and competitive than the actual NCG (especially in '06 and '07 when the SEC Championship was a great game only to see the SEC winner blow out your own Bucks in NCG yawners).

Odds are it'll be the same old thing this year.

Anyway, Welcome to the thread Bucknuts.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
I didn't say that the Big Ten was the best conference I don't believe that at all. The system is what it is though and if we can manage to get by a USC team with a new qb and a lot new starters on defense then we will be in the BCS picture again, much to the shagrin of most people in this thread who think the top 2 SEC teams should play each other for the national championship. I for one love all the hate we get around the country because you only get that with success.The chatter would be totally different had we have won either of those 2 national championship games so we have ourselves to blame for the negativity. Would I have rather we didn't play in those games so we didn't lose them? no way! GO BUCKS!
The hate you get around the country isnt from success. Its from being a joke and acting like your not so you take places of good teams in the bowl games.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
nah man, I wasn't referring to you, sorry. plenny said big ten was the best conference, and that's just flat out wrong IMHO. I don't worry too much about what everyone else says about OSU and just try to keep my expectations within reason. Good to have another buckeye fan around though, that's for sure! SEC fans pretty much always run this thread, with occassional detours from JMH and plenny

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
SEC fans pretty much always run this thread, with occassional detours from JMH and plenny
More will chime in as the season starts.

In between everyone just blowing off - all in good fun (424 posts and the season hasn't even started yet!!).

Good to have you with us!

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established

FINALLY......................a big 10 member. It always sucks to play usc. It is at the "horseshoe" though..too bad its not later in the season when it gets..(cough..cough!!) cold outside. Penn State at home, you know how that goes.

OSU/PSU should be the front runners in the big10

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
nah man, I wasn't referring to you, sorry. plenny said big ten was the best conference, and that's just flat out wrong IMHO. I don't worry too much about what everyone else says about OSU and just try to keep my expectations within reason. Good to have another buckeye fan around though, that's for sure! SEC fans pretty much always run this thread, with occassional detours from JMH and plenny
Let me clear things up. The SEC and The Big 10 are the best two conf. in college football. (big 10, however, from top tp bottom, may have the edge)

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
More will chime in as the season starts.

In between everyone just blowing off - all in good fun (424 posts and the season hasn't even started yet!!).

Good to have you with us!
Thanks OG! I am definitely thrilled to get closer to the season. I watch some NBA but I just can't bring myself to watch baseball on tv, so the end of the nba finals til football kickoff is a sad time for me :( Realistically, probably a more productive time, LOL.

I am definitely ready for USC at ohio state, as long as it isn't flashbacks of last time around....being an ohio state fan away from ohio, I don't wear any rose colored glasses. The last few years have been good, but you don't win any respect getting your ass handed to you in every primetime game. A win against USC would be huge, so I hope they're ready

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
A win against USC would be huge, so I hope they're ready
Actually I'm from PA and have several PSU grads/fans in the family. Painful to watch the Rose Bowl last year, hope OSU has better luck. Would set up a meaningful meeting in Happy Valley down the road.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let me clear things up. The SEC and The Big 10 are the best two conf. in college football. (big 10, however, from top tp bottom, may have the edge)
"But he has nothing on at all!" said a little child.

"But he has nothing on!" cried the whole of the people at last; and the Emperor shivered, for it seemed to him that they were right.

But he thought to himself, "I must go through with the procession." And so he walked with even greater dignity than before; and the chamberlains followed, carrying the train which did not exist at all.

Translation: Hey plenny... you're naked.:wave2:

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
FINALLY......................a big 10 member. It always sucks to play usc. It is at the "horseshoe" though..too bad its not later in the season when it gets..(cough..cough!!) cold outside. Penn State at home, you know how that goes.

OSU/PSU should be the front runners in the big10
I think it's better to get them early in the season with a lot of new starters at key positions, although the thought of all those superior, fast, fast athletes playing in Columbus in 6 inches of snow with a wind chill of about -10 degrees would be cool to see as well.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I can't help but notice and am amazed at how the number of Florida fans has increased exponentially in the past 3 years. I would be willing to bet they are all also Yankees fans(MLB), Lakers or Celtics fans(NBA), Patriots or Steelers fans(NFL) and Red Wings hockey fans(NHL) just to complete the bandwagon jumping in all sports.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The hate you get around the country isnt from success. Its from being a joke and acting like your not so you take places of good teams in the bowl games.
I'm sure you are right, clearly you are the brightest guy on this board so why would I even try to argue with you? I wouldn't.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL I haven't said anything yet in this thread recently but I have still been following. :lol:

Really its cool to love your team and your conference but you don't have anything backing you. Your BCS Bowl Record is below .500(.421) and are coming off a horrid 1-6 in the bowls last year. So honestly it just makes you look like a highly biased sports fan making me question any of your other judgments on College Football.

O and if your conference was so great and your offensive style so dominating then how come pretty much all the Big Ten teams are moving more towards the spread offense run by the teams you so hate so much?

PS Plenny before you retaliate with some obscure weather comment or something of that extent know I still love the Big Ten style of football and purchase the Big Ten channel to watch plenty of their games...just saying they are the best conference in any way is insane

It is good to see some other conferences getting represented in here we need some more representation!

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
LOL I haven't said anything yet in this thread recently but I have still been following. :lol:

Really its cool to love your team and your conference but you don't have anything backing you. Your BCS Bowl Record is below .500(.421) and are coming off a horrid 1-6 in the bowls last year. So honestly it just makes you look like a highly biased sports fan making me question any of your other judgments on College Football.

O and if your conference was so great and your offensive style so dominating then how come pretty much all the Big Ten teams are moving more towards the spread offense run by the teams you so hate so much?

PS Plenny before you retaliate with some obscure weather comment or something of that extent know I still love the Big Ten style of football and purchase the Big Ten channel to watch plenty of their games...just saying they are the best conference in any way is insane

It is good to see some other conferences getting represented in here we need some more representation!
equation: 6wk layoff+playing in opponents home state or nearby state= a chance of losing a bowl game. About spread offense, contrary to popular belief, more and more spead IS being realized in the big10. Glad to hear from ya...keep the comments flowin'...........plenny

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
"But he has nothing on at all!" said a little child.

"But he has nothing on!" cried the whole of the people at last; and the Emperor shivered, for it seemed to him that they were right.

But he thought to himself, "I must go through with the procession." And so he walked with even greater dignity than before; and the chamberlains followed, carrying the train which did not exist at all.

Translation: Hey plenny... you're naked.:wave2:
LOL!!! I like you rubbering.:wave2:

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
I think it's better to get them early in the season with a lot of new starters at key positions, although the thought of all those superior, fast, fast athletes playing in Columbus in 6 inches of snow with a wind chill of about -10 degrees would be cool to see as well.
6" OF SNOW AND A WIND CHILL... that's some ammunition i can use:toofunny:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
equation: 6wk layoff+playing in opponents home state or nearby state= a chance of losing a bowl game. About spread offense, contrary to popular belief, more and more spead IS being realized in the big10. Glad to hear from ya...keep the comments flowin'...........plenny
Plenny = Making dumb excuses. So that also explains why you can't win the lower tier bowls(your so well rounded conference) as well?

And thanks for reiterating what I already said..

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
I can't help but notice and am amazed at how the number of Florida fans has increased exponentially in the past 3 years. ...bandwagon jumping...
And a great BANDWAGON it is.

But hey, OSU still has the BAND...

BCS Championship 1/8/07 UF 41 OSU 14 ... NCAA Championship 4/2/07 UF 84 OSU 75

The results from a Lab test in 2007 confirmed Florida is OSU's daddy

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
THIS IS THE ONLY POST THAT PEOPLE DIDN'T BASH ME ON......WHY??
Maybe because its not as crazy as the rest of your comments? Penn State had an impressive season and I enjoyed watching them play their regular season. I was one of the few ppl I knew who said they'd win the Big Ten last year..

Gator Alum 03

Gator Alum 03

Awards
  • Established
The Big Ten a top conference? lol They are at least the 4th or 5th best. I'd put them behind the SEC, Big 12, Pac-10 and ACC.

Big Ten

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
i guess the big 10 needs to start their own thread. It's totally insane in here. The thread is clearly titled.."college footbal 2009", but it has been hijacked by the SEC faithful. The message sent in here is that the SEC is the best and only conference, and no one dare to express opinions about other schools or conferences. IT isnt just ME, i've noticed others getting flamed for merely just being a fan of a school that doesn't agree to the likes of the SEC faithful. Unfortunatley, I will be starting my cutting cycle starting June 1st., therefore no one has to put up with the "annoyance" of a Big 10 Fan. If i came off as annoying, i apologize. In general i am not an argumentive person except for football (college and pro). I had some good laughs on here and i dont take any of the critisism personal, i just want to say with my cutting phase( 2 times a day), work, and family, i will be absent till the middle of JULY(maybe i'll chime in on a sunday)...Keep the trash talkin' going and remember there isn't just one conference in college football.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
i guess the big 10 needs to start their own thread. It's totally insane in here. remember there isn't just one conference in college football.

Probably a combination of too much time between seasons and more SEC fans on this thread. But just differences of opinion - nothing personal.

Good luck with your cutting cycle :biggthumpup:

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
easy plenny...I've seen it get heated in here on occasion, nlbut you could do FAR worse in terms of flaming than you see here.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
And a great BANDWAGON it is.

But hey, OSU still has the BAND...

BCS Championship 1/8/07 UF 41 OSU 14 ... NCAA Championship 4/2/07 UF 84 OSU 75

The results from a Lab test in 2007 confirmed Florida is OSU's daddy
Yeah Best Damn Band In The Land! Our band is definitely better than Florida's, don't even tell me there was a battle of the bands and we lost that to Florida as well.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Best Damn Band In The Land! Our band is definitely better than Florida's, don't even tell me there was a battle of the bands and we lost that to Florida as well.
LOL

I think we'll defer to OSU on that one ;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't help but notice and am amazed at how the number of Florida fans has increased exponentially in the past 3 years. I would be willing to bet they are all also Yankees fans(MLB), Lakers or Celtics fans(NBA), Patriots or Steelers fans(NFL) and Red Wings hockey fans(NHL) just to complete the bandwagon jumping in all sports.
Ahh, when all else fails, the infamous "bandwagon" insinuation gets thrown around...:rolleyes: