20 weeks into TRT and lipid issues

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
Last year my cholesterol was perfect, same with triglycerides. I had my 12 week blood work in September and these were my results.

Hemocrit 49 Range 37.5- 51
Hemogoblin 16
Total T day of next shot ( did not take shot) 1127 range 261-916
Free T 30 range 8.7- 25.1
Estradiol sensitive 31 Range 8-35
PSA .5
SHBG 62

Cholesterol 207 Range 100-199
HDL 60 Range greater than 39
LDL 127 Range 0-99
ALT 50 Range 0-44
AST 43 Range 0-40

Today for work I had to do a bio metric screening. They do a pin prick test and run your blood through some machine. I had not eating anything for about 12 hours.

My Cholesterol is now 257
Triglycerides were 177 they were at 90 in September.
My Blood pressure was high… but honestly it always is when i am in a medical setting. Using my home cuff I am always around 120-60/70
Glucose was perfect.
Could this just be bad timing with my blood work? My blood test in Sept was after a week of vacation, drinking, fatty foods, and a week off from the gym.

This test today was after the thanksgiving holiday.
Nothing has changed in my diet ?? I am eating very healthy,… I have cut out a good amount of cardio because on TRT i am able to stay insanely lean without killing myself on a treadmill.

Why would my cholesterol have risen this much? I am honestly the leanest and most muscular I have ever been. I am taking a few nutrient partitioning agents like Evomuse Defuse and Glycoshield over the holidays ? Do not know if that would cause elevated levels ?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your total test and free test were in supra levels on the day of injection? My man, the first thing to understand is that you are on a small cycle, not TRT. When I blast, my lipids also rise and then come back to normal. Do they have you running high test to address the high SHBG?

First thing I would do is look at my TRT protocol to adjust it.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
Your total test and free test were in supra levels on the day of injection? My man, the first thing to understand is that you are on a small cycle, not TRT. When I blast, my lipids also rise and then come back to normal. Do they have you running high test to address the high SHBG?

First thing I would do is look at my TRT protocol to adjust it.

They have me on 160mg broken into 80mg every 3.5 days due to the SHBG. That total was immediately prior to my next dosage. So I would imagine I am probably walking around on the non trough days much higher. In these 20 months I have completely recomped my body to a level I never imagined. I really cannot eat much cleaner or exercise anymore than I already do.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, funny how supra levels of test will help with body composition. Lol.

Personally, I would talk to the doctor about options for the high SHBG other than increasing the test levels. Can't say that this is directly responsible for your lipid results, but anecdotally, that is what happens to me.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, funny how supra levels of test will help with body composition. Lol.

Personally, I would talk to the doctor about options for the high SHBG other than increasing the test levels. Can't say that this is directly responsible for your lipid results, but anecdotally, that is what happens to me.
I am somewhat afraid of getting of trt... I heard it can be hell and for the first time since my early 20’s I feel great. I am going to see about lowering the dosage.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am somewhat afraid of getting of trt... I heard it can be hell and for the first time since my early 20’s I feel great. I am going to see about lowering the dosage.
Are you on an AI? Those can impact your lipids because they decrease estrogen.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
Are you on an AI? Those can impact your lipids because they decrease estrogen.

Negative... I never took the AI. I take DIM, boron and grapeseed. My E2 prior to TRT was 30 and at my first set of bloods it rose to 31 so I do not aromatize much at all.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Try to get your TRT dose to 100mg/week..

Your liver values are a little high. I would look into a liver detox, which could help lower SHBG..

Lastly, dont look as cardio as a only a tool to reduce body fat...what about all the cardiovascular benefits?

Supplement wise:

I take Liv. 52 year around...I use only natural products for hygiene, avoid phytoestrogens. For what it's worth, my last SHBG was around 20

Last edited:
machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
Try to get your TRT dose to 100mg/week..

Your liver values are a little high. I would look into a liver detox, which could help lower SHBG..

Lastly, dont look as cardio as a only a tool to reduce body fat...what about all the cardiovascular benefits?

Supplement wise:

I take Liv. 52 year around...I use only natural products for hygiene, avoid phytoestrogens. For what it's worth, my last SHBG was around 20
Thank you! I am pretty much cutting drinking out entirely. It is my only vice... I eat awesome... workout religiously... and then ruin it all a few nights a week. Is there anything else that will help the liver out ? Those blood tests were taken after I got back from an all inclusive vacation and I drank way too much.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I swear by Himalya Liver Care (Liv. 52). I have been taking it for years. Drinking heavily for a while too, and my liver values always stayed good.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
I swear by Himalya Liver Care (Liv. 52). I have been taking it for years. Drinking heavily for a while too, and my liver values always stayed good.
Do you think I should throw tudca in as well?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
It wouldn't hurt, but I think the most important thing is lifestyle changes...

If you are already in decent shape with the alcohol comsumption; imagine without it...

It takes time to realize. But you dont need alcohol....I'm speaking to myself here too...took me a long, loongggg time to get this.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Look into n-acetyl-cysteine or nac for short, tudca and nac i think is optimum because they work by different methods and cover what the other doesn't. I'm a big fan of nac since reading up on it.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your blood pressure is most likely high because you need to donate blood. Hematocrit is way too high. I’d recommend donating every 2-4 months.

As far as cholesterol goes, get another test done. Cholesterol fluctuates throughout the day and you can’t get a good reading of your ranges without having multiple tests done. Could be something you ate yesterday.

I do hours of cardio a week regardless of whether or not I need it for body composition. There is no better medication for blood pressure and cholesterol than cardio. Period.

A good cycle support supplement that could be taken year round would really benefit you as well. Something intended for organ support, BP, cholesterol. Defense by Breakthrough Labz is a really good one.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your blood pressure is most likely high because you need to donate blood. Hematocrit is way too high. I’d recommend donating every 2-4 months.

As far as cholesterol goes, get another test done. Cholesterol fluctuates throughout the day and you can’t get a good reading of your ranges without having multiple tests done. Could be something you ate yesterday.

I do hours of cardio a week regardless of whether or not I need it for body composition. There is no better medication for blood pressure and cholesterol than cardio. Period.

A good cycle support supplement that could be taken year round would really benefit you as well. Something intended for organ support, BP, cholesterol. Defense by Breakthrough Labz is a really good one.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established

Thank you... I agree I am going to resume the cardio. I will just up my calories to offset the calories burned.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
How you feeling?

Did you add some cardio in?

wrugg08

Awards
Last year my cholesterol was perfect, same with triglycerides. I had my 12 week blood work in September and these were my results.

Hemocrit 49 Range 37.5- 51
Hemogoblin 16
Total T day of next shot ( did not take shot) 1127 range 261-916
Free T 30 range 8.7- 25.1
Estradiol sensitive 31 Range 8-35
PSA .5
SHBG 62

Cholesterol 207 Range 100-199
HDL 60 Range greater than 39
LDL 127 Range 0-99
ALT 50 Range 0-44
AST 43 Range 0-40

Today for work I had to do a bio metric screening. They do a pin prick test and run your blood through some machine. I had not eating anything for about 12 hours.

My Cholesterol is now 257
Triglycerides were 177 they were at 90 in September.
My Blood pressure was high… but honestly it always is when i am in a medical setting. Using my home cuff I am always around 120-60/70
Glucose was perfect.
Could this just be bad timing with my blood work? My blood test in Sept was after a week of vacation, drinking, fatty foods, and a week off from the gym.

This test today was after the thanksgiving holiday.
Nothing has changed in my diet ?? I am eating very healthy,… I have cut out a good amount of cardio because on TRT i am able to stay insanely lean without killing myself on a treadmill.

Why would my cholesterol have risen this much? I am honestly the leanest and most muscular I have ever been. I am taking a few nutrient partitioning agents like Evomuse Defuse and Glycoshield over the holidays ? Do not know if that would cause elevated levels ?
Were you taking lgd-4033?

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
How you feeling?

Did you add some cardio in?
I feel great ! I resumed the cardio. The cholesterol raise came on so sudden. I am almost wondering if you can trust one of those finger prick tests ? I once had a triglyceride reading of 350 on the same prick test and my next doctors visit it was 70.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
YES

the liver plays a vital role in lipids. I noticed your liver values were out of range also.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My cholesterol was a little high, close to yours, when I was on TRT. I was in great shape so my Dr wasn’t worried even though it looked like I was about to have a heart attack and have kidney failure, lol. From my understanding the blood work can get a little screwed when you take test, have a lot of muscles and take creatine.