is this a good program for beginners

20 Rep Squats:
Routine

(Sets x Reps)

• Squat: 1 x 20
  • Pullovers: 1 x 20
  • Bench Press: 2 x 10
  • Bent-over Rows: 2 x 10
Do the workout 3 times a week ideally, or only 2 times a week if you can't recover that fast. Simple, that's how to build muscles.

Can I add pull-ups or chin-ups and bicep curls and is there any alternative to pullovers

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sir it is a start. I would start with that and then add in some additional sets very rapidly, maybe get your body adjusted for a week or two and then up the volume.

I used to do 5 sets of 20 rep squats 2-3x a week, which some might see as "overtraining" and it blew my legs up.

Another very basic program you can look into as a beginner is 5x5. That will add strength and size pretty rapidly if you do it correct.

Maybe read some old school books too. Try Arnolds Encyclopedia, Body of Life by Bill Roberts and Nutrient Timing as well.

Those I highly recommend and I read those back in the 1990s and I still trust those for clients, etc. to this day.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Like said above, it is a start and everyone has a starting point. I would suggest speaking to the personal trainers at your gym as they sometimes do free trial pt sessions or at least help you write up a basic program and show you around the equipment.

You may get some newbie gains, but it's not really a great program tbh.