2 Years and Still Trying to Recover: Thyroid, Dopamine or Other?

DarkDescartes

DarkDescartes

Awards
Hi Guys,

So ive been trying to find a cure for my low libido, ed, fatigue, etc since september.

My levels have looked great:
High test
Estrogen has sometimes fluctuated but i've gotten in range before.
Prolactin in check
LH and FSH in decent range
Etc

I’ve tried a restart with Hcg, Nolva and Clomid, proviron, arimidex solo and aromasin solo etc. nothing has returned my libido, well being, energy, etc.

I even tried trt for 2 months. It did supply me with a little more energy and some libido from weeks 2-3 but eventually it all platueaed.

I’ve been seeing 2 endo’s. They’re both very smart and are genuinely interested in helping.
At different points they suggested that my problems may not be hormonal.
One endo was willing to suggest a dopamine agonist once I finish post cycle from trt but I’m a tad skeptical about it being dopamine and it seritonin related.

I started to look into thyroid especially hypothyroidism or at least problems relating to such.

I haven’t had a full comprehensive thyroid panel yet nor have I had it tested very much throughout the months of trying to recover, but one thing I’ve noticed is before trt I tested for low t3 and even during my t3 was low.

My tsh and t4 are within range and when I talked to one of my endos yesterday she said my thyroid came back “okay”

I know that okay and optimal can be 2 different things.

Is it possible that I should be looking into more thyroid issues or is the low t3 not much of an issue?

I’ll do the dopamine agonist if I have to, I’ll make sure to be extremely judicious, however my gut tells me my issue has to be more hormone related than not.

My symptoms as it pertains to low dopamine and hypothyroid are within both lists.

Also are there any other non hormonal related issues that could be causing my troubles that i could look into?

Where do i go from here?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How’s your life, do enjoy every moment? The reason I ask is because since your bloods are in range it could be something mental, the mind is powerful and sometimes play tricks on you.

Reactions: w3s
ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You get your DHEA, free test, SHBG, and DHT tested? If not, you may want to see those numbers as well.