2 free days per week to train due to healthcare work.

Pl4typu5

Pl4typu5

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi folks I’m looking for some help here If possible, I’m struggling finding some sort of routine that can be done 2 days per week, my Issue at the moment is I’m working 5 days per week, sometimes 4. It’s impossible to work out on days I’m working as it’s 12 hour night shifts in healthcare but after travel and family duties I’m left with about 6 hours to sleep. the 2 days off are never in a row so that’s 1 blessing.

I have been doing chins, push ups, leg raises at work here and there just to get a bit more volume in.

sorry for the big post, I know I’m stuck with full body’s but I prefare that but I’m used to doing 3-4 workouts per week. Just looking for input, advice or best way to structure the 2 days.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Workout 1

Cardio warmup (lowish intensity 10-12min)
T bar row (work up to 3x3 and then throw a few drop sets in)
Smith machine Shrugs
Flat bench 3x5
Close grip bench 3x6-8
Pull-ups, body weight 3xfailure and/or Pull downs
Low incline DB bench
Any Horizontal row

Any bicep curl + any overhead tricep

Workout 2

BB Squat
BB Shoulder Press
Romanian Deadlifts
Leg press
Leg curl
Calf work

I’ve used the above with excellent results in a 3 day a week split...121 212 etc...I’ve been using it twice a week lately during the winter now, with weather being bad and generally feeling like scaling back a bit...I however, train late in a not so crowded gym and am able to superset and fly thru it somewhat quickly...

I vary the exercise selection and rep schemes to avoid movement pattern related things like elbow pain etc. Be creative and intense and you’ll see as much progress as possible givin your time constraints.

Last edited:

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Workout 1

T bar row (work up to 3x3 and then throw a few drop sets in)
Smith machine Shrugs
Flat bench 3x5
Close grip bench 3x6-8
Pull-ups, body weight 3xfailure and/or Pull downs
Low incline DB bench
Any Horizontal row

Any bicep curl + any overhead tricep

Workout 2

BB Squat
BB Shoulder Press
Romanian Deadlifts
Leg press
Leg curl
Calf work

I’ve used the above with excellent results in a 3 day a week split...121 212 etc...I’ve been using it twice a week lately during the winter now, with weather being bad and generally feeling like scaling back a bit...I however, train late in a not so crowded gym and am able to superset and fly thru it somewhat quickly...

I vary the exercise selection and rep schemes to avoid movement pattern related things like elbow pain etc. Be creative and intense and you’ll see as much progress as possible givin your time constraints.
night shift is not good if you have a good genetic is posibil to have some progress other ways is only for mentain the muscle