1st Cycle.. Realistic Gains?

LiamTaylor

Awards
Hey guys im 1 week and 6 days into my 1st ever cycle,
22 years old
175lbs
5'10"

Im currently running a 12 week cycle of 500mg test e per week/ 400mg deca,
Im training 5 days a week with heavy weights low reps, im eating oats and toast for breakfast, a mix of chicken, rice, broccoli, egg whites etc. A minimum of 6 meals a day.
Wondering if anybody has any previous experience or knowledge of what a realistic target could be for me thanks

LiamTaylor

Awards
30lbs if you eat/train/rest right.
The only thing that i am not certain about is rest periods, ive been told so many different things like train 2 days 1 day off, but then i have a friend who has had amazing gains and he says 5 days on 2 days off :/ and should i eat even more on these rest days?

BeastMode 1

BeastMode 1

Awards
sounds like u jumped into your cycle "way" too early. your should have set goals for the cycle as well as having your training and nutrition "perfected" before just jumping into it.

regardless, good luck with it....let us know how it goes.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
The only thing that i am not certain about is rest periods, ive been told so many different things like train 2 days 1 day off, but then i have a friend who has had amazing gains and he says 5 days on 2 days off :/ and should i eat even more on these rest days?
I'd eat more on rest days if its an all out bulk. Just train how u prefer, whatever is best for recovery for u, everyone is different.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
ya i agree on this, but i would eat protein for breakfast and not just oats and toast, throw some 5 eggs and a shake in there
I'd eat more on rest days if its an all out bulk. Just train how u prefer, whatever is best for recovery for u, everyone is different.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
And if I'm bulking u know I'm throwin some cheese on them hoes lol.

LiamTaylor

Awards
I Have been training prior to cycle and had my diet soryed b4, its just work commitments that means changing rest days about, im looking to just bulk atm

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Make sure your getting about 300g protein a day and with enough cals you will explode. Your recovery will be much higher than normal. U can do 2x a week per bodypart or once, all preference.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Make sure your getting about 300g protein a day and with enough cals you will explode. Your recovery will be much higher than normal. U can do 2x a week per bodypart or once, all preference.
Tis' true OP u will b blown away at how god-like u feel.

LiamTaylor

Awards
Lol already hitting muscles twice a week is that wrong as this is what i have been advised etc

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Typically a large increase in testosterone should aid in faster recover, so you may well be fine with training them twice a week. You have to gauge for yourself, that's one of those things that varies between everyone.

darkstr

Awards
Typically a large increase in testosterone should aid in faster recover, so you may well be fine with training them twice a week. You have to gauge for yourself, that's one of those things that varies between everyone.
Yeah he should be able to recover easily. Usually first two to four weeks are the hardest but you just have to keep going. Just push yourself to the limits and you'll thank yourself later. Your body will learn to recover faster if you always give up when you feel that you can't recover you won't never make awesome gains.

LiamTaylor

Awards
I push myself to limits everyday i train tbh, visited my mum yesterday and she said i looked a bit bigger, she doesnt know about the steroids, i dont feel any different myself just as yet though, ive been told around 4 weeks is when it really kicks in?

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
I push myself to limits everyday i train tbh, visited my mum yesterday and she said i looked a bit bigger, she doesnt know about the steroids, i dont feel any different myself just as yet though, ive been told around 4 weeks is when it really kicks in?
Yeah 4 weeks and everything will start kicking.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
I push myself to limits everyday i train tbh, visited my mum yesterday and she said i looked a bit bigger, she doesnt know about the steroids
I'm sorry man, I appreciate you being totally legit with this, but the above sentence was just hilarious. It's going in my sig lol.

LiamTaylor

Awards
Today was a traps, triceps and lats day i dont know if its in my head but im finding the workout easier, exactly 2 weeks in to my cycle, maybe i could of done this anyways

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
The key here is CONSISTENCY. Both work (training once per week or twice per BP for example), but what will work best for you is what you ENJOY because you will stick to that plan. Every workout depends on the last one and you need to make sure you are having progressive overload happen so pick a plan and stick to it that is the key.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 2
Gothat3rs Post Cycle Therapy 21
Anabolics 12
Anabolics 11
Anabolics 19