1mg of IGF-1 should be reconstituted with 1mL, 2mL, 5mL AA????

tshaw024

Awards
I have heard all three from different sources, I'm not sure how many mL of AA I need to reconstitue 1mg lypholized powder of IGF-1. Help anyone??? Also, does anyone think this is legit?.................

The filtering process:
I use off the shelf grocery store distilled white vinegar. In order to ensure safety, I filter it using .20u whatman filters. Here is the step by step for those that may not be familiar with filtering using whatmans. You can tackle this in one of two ways. You can filter the distilled white vinegar by itself, or you can mix your vinegar and deionized (or distilled) water together, then filter the mixture through a .20u whatman.

The items that you will want to have on hand (in addition to your distilled white vinegar and deionized, distilled, or sterile water) before starting out are some sterile vials, some .20u whatman filters, some syringes and needles (I use a 10cc syringe, and .23 gauge 1" needles), and some alcohol swabs.

(1) First draw up your desired amount of distilled white vinegar (or your solution of 7.5 parts of water to 1 part of distilled white vinegar)
(2) screw on the .20u whatman to the end of your syringe
(3) screw on the needle to the end of your whatman filter
(4) take a sterile vial, swab the top with alcohol, then insert a needle for venting.
(5) Insert your syringe/whatman/needle apparatus and slowly push the contents into the sterile vial.

Now you have safe vinegar (or vinegar / water) to use for your reconstituting.
[/B]

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I have heard all three from different sources, I'm not sure how many mL of AA I need to reconstitue 1mg lypholized powder of IGF-1. Help anyone??? Also, does anyone think this is legit?.................

The filtering process:
I use off the shelf grocery store distilled white vinegar. In order to ensure safety, I filter it using .20u whatman filters. Here is the step by step for those that may not be familiar with filtering using whatmans. You can tackle this in one of two ways. You can filter the distilled white vinegar by itself, or you can mix your vinegar and deionized (or distilled) water together, then filter the mixture through a .20u whatman.

The items that you will want to have on hand (in addition to your distilled white vinegar and deionized, distilled, or sterile water) before starting out are some sterile vials, some .20u whatman filters, some syringes and needles (I use a 10cc syringe, and .23 gauge 1" needles), and some alcohol swabs.

(1) First draw up your desired amount of distilled white vinegar (or your solution of 7.5 parts of water to 1 part of distilled white vinegar)
(2) screw on the .20u whatman to the end of your syringe
(3) screw on the needle to the end of your whatman filter
(4) take a sterile vial, swab the top with alcohol, then insert a needle for venting.
(5) Insert your syringe/whatman/needle apparatus and slowly push the contents into the sterile vial.

Now you have safe vinegar (or vinegar / water) to use for your reconstituting.
[/B]

The process is legit.

I made a 30 ml batch of it and am storing it for future peptide use.

I reconned my IGF with 2ml of AA to make measuring easier with the pins I had.

tshaw024

Awards
Thanks guys, just curious... what size pins might that be? Do you think the reconstituted IGF lasts just as long with the homemade AA?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys, just curious... what size pins might that be? Do you think the reconstituted IGF lasts just as long with the homemade AA?

Vinegar == AA nothing different because its 'homemade'.

As far as pin size, everyone seemed to be out of .5cc slin pins, so I had to go with 1cc.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I usually only get the 1cc size. Great for B12 too.

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
I only use 1/2 or 1/3cc size pins. Why? Because each indidual tick = 1iu. On 1cc slin pins each tic = 2iu

I only use 1ml of AA, why use any MORE of this caustic solvent than necessary.

OK HERE ARE THE IMPORTANT FACTS TO REMEMBER:

Remember 1mg of igf = 1000micrograms of igf

AND 1ml of AA = 100ius of AA ON A 1/2 OR 1/3cc slin pin
THEREFORE....

Add 1ml of AA to 1mg of IGF and u get = 1000micrograms of igf dissolved in 100iu of AA (1000mics igf/100iu)

THEREFORE doing the division you have 10mics igf/1iu SO.....

that means 1iu of the solution = 10mics of igf

So using 1/2 or 1/3 slin pins (where EACH individual tic = 1iu),

IF you were researching w/40mics well lets do the math:

1iu = 10mics
SO
4iu = 40mics

OR lets look at using 50mics

1iu = 10mics
5ius = 50mics

PRETTY EASY.

DO NOT USE MORE AA THAN NECESSARY TO DISSOLVE YOUR IGF. AA CAN DESTROY THE PRECIOUS MUSCLE TISSUE WE ARE WORKING SO HARD FOR AND IT ACTUALLY PARTIALLY NEGATES THE BENEFIT OF USING IGF. THAT IS WHY ITS SO IMPORTANT TO DILUTE THE AA/IGF SOLUTION WITH BW OR STERILE WATER. ALSO DO NOT USE 1cc SLIN PINS. THEY ARE TOO INACCURATE BECAUSE OF THE LARGER SCALE. PEOPLE THAT USE 1cc SLIN PINS HAVE TO ADD MORE AA B/C THEIR PINS ARE TOO BIG SO THEY HAVE TO INCREASE THE SIZE OF THE IGF/AA SOLUTION. DONT BE LAZY. GO TO A GROCERY STORE OR ORDER 1/2cc slin pins online, add 1ml of AA and enjoy

Oh and this method has been working quite well for several people for years. :)

bb

you have

tshaw024

Awards
So the debate continues... both make sense to me. As long as both work I'll probly stick with one mL.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
So the debate continues... both make sense to me. As long as both work I'll probly stick with one mL.

I would have went with .5cc and 1ml AA if my supplier had the right pins in stock.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
id go with the least amount possible to dilute....so usually 1ml AA. U dont want anymore of that stuff in u then u need.

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
In most states you can purchase slin pins at a grocery store or pharmacy w/o a prescription. There are dozens of online vendors. No need to use a 1cc slin pin.

bb

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
In most states you can purchase slin pins at a grocery store or pharmacy w/o a prescription. There are dozens of online vendors. No need to use a 1cc slin pin.

bb

Most pharms in this state require an Rx for slin pins.

The online vendors that I was placing orders with all had them backordered.

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
id go with the least amount possible to dilute....so usually 1ml AA. U dont want anymore of that stuff in u then u need.

personally I go for the 100mcg vials of IGF-1 as I dont want to lose any of the peptide.

As Gropep state:

Small peptides and proteins such as LONG®R³IGF-I can bind non-specifically to plastic, glass, filter membranes or other surfaces, resulting in the irreversible loss of peptide.

Addition of a carrier protein such as bovine serum albumin at a concentration of 0.1 - 1 mg/ml should be added to prevent the loss of peptide activity due to non-specific absorption to glass and other surfaces.

tshaw024

Awards
I only use 1/2 or 1/3cc size pins. Why? Because each indidual tick = 1iu. On 1cc slin pins each tic = 2iu

I only use 1ml of AA, why use any MORE of this caustic solvent than necessary.

OK HERE ARE THE IMPORTANT FACTS TO REMEMBER:

Remember 1mg of igf = 1000micrograms of igf

AND 1ml of AA = 100ius of AA ON A 1/2 OR 1/3cc slin pin
THEREFORE....

Add 1ml of AA to 1mg of IGF and u get = 1000micrograms of igf dissolved in 100iu of AA (1000mics igf/100iu)

THEREFORE doing the division you have 10mics igf/1iu SO.....

that means 1iu of the solution = 10mics of igf

So using 1/2 or 1/3 slin pins (where EACH individual tic = 1iu),

IF you were researching w/40mics well lets do the math:

1iu = 10mics
SO
4iu = 40mics

OR lets look at using 50mics

1iu = 10mics
5ius = 50mics

PRETTY EASY.

DO NOT USE MORE AA THAN NECESSARY TO DISSOLVE YOUR IGF. AA CAN DESTROY THE PRECIOUS MUSCLE TISSUE WE ARE WORKING SO HARD FOR AND IT ACTUALLY PARTIALLY NEGATES THE BENEFIT OF USING IGF. THAT IS WHY ITS SO IMPORTANT TO DILUTE THE AA/IGF SOLUTION WITH BW OR STERILE WATER. ALSO DO NOT USE 1cc SLIN PINS. THEY ARE TOO INACCURATE BECAUSE OF THE LARGER SCALE. PEOPLE THAT USE 1cc SLIN PINS HAVE TO ADD MORE AA B/C THEIR PINS ARE TOO BIG SO THEY HAVE TO INCREASE THE SIZE OF THE IGF/AA SOLUTION. DONT BE LAZY. GO TO A GROCERY STORE OR ORDER 1/2cc slin pins online, add 1ml of AA and enjoy

Oh and this method has been working quite well for several people for years. :)

bb

you have

So blu by your measurements that would mean it would take ten 1/2cc slin pins full of AA to the 10iu mark to equal one mL, and mix it with your 1 mg IGF-1. That doesn't sound right to me, or am I reding it wrong?

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
Well 10ius on a 1/2 cc slin pin = 1/10 of a CC

SO if you wanted to add 1cc of AA (i.e. 1ml of AA) then yes that would be correct. But why would u do that?

Why wouldnt you just fill up the 1/2 cc slin pin with AA and add that to igf and then do it once again?

The primary point to remember is that a 1/2 or 1/3 cc slin pin is DIFFERENT than a 1cc slin pin.

On a 1/2 or 1/3 slin pin each 'tic' = 1iu
That is why 1/2cc slin pin has 50 tics and 1/3 slin pin has 30 tics

On a 1cc slin pin each tic = 2iu (and why the 1cc slin pin has 50 tics)

If you use 1/2 or 1/3 slin pin and use my formula you will be set.

bb

tshaw024

Awards
Ok so it only actually takes (2) 1/2 cc slin pins full of AA to the 50 tic mark to equal 1 mL. I think I understand now. So I'l just add one pin and then another to my lypholized powder.