12 WEEK TRT LABS QUESTION

Maranathagolfer

Awards
53 y/o male, started trt 12 weeks ago, 140mg's sub-q a week, eod injections. My initial labs were total test 198, and free test 39.6 . I just got my 12 week results and total test is 857, and free test is 213.5 . I haven't talked with my Dr. yet, but was wondering why free test is so high, when my total is well within the "normal" range? I haven't got my Estradiol results back yet. I feel great, and my libido is threw the roof. I have had insomnia, but it seems to be getting better. Any info or advice is welcomed. Thanks.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
53 y/o male, started trt 12 weeks ago, 140mg's sub-q a week, eod injections. My initial labs were total test 198, and free test 39.6 . I just got my 12 week results and total test is 857, and free test is 213.5 . I haven't talked with my Dr. yet, but was wondering why free test is so high, when my total is well within the "normal" range? I haven't got my Estradiol results back yet. I feel great, and my libido is threw the roof. I have had insomnia, but it seems to be getting better. Any info or advice is welcomed. Thanks.
Are you taking anything else (including ancillaries)?

Flyboy84

Awards
Your free test is probably high because your SHBG is still at your pre-TRT levels. It will take time for your body to normalize to the new level of total test. This isn't necessarily a problem, but you should keep an eye on estradiol levels until that happens.

Maranathagolfer

Awards
Your free test is probably high because your SHBG is still at your pre-TRT levels. It will take time for your body to normalize to the new level of total test. This isn't necessarily a problem, but you should keep an eye on estradiol levels until that happens.
Thanks for the info. I should get my Estradiol results back soon.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It is normal for exogenous test to produce higher free t levels then endogenous one, having the same total t levels.