12 WEEK TRT LAB RESULTS

Maranathagolfer

Awards
Hey guys, just got my 12 week lab results and wanted some opinions. I haven't talked with my Dr. yet, but wanted some thoughts on the results from knowledgeable guys. 53 y/o male, 140mg Test Cyp. a week. Pre trt total test was 198. 12 week results are, total T = 857, free T = 213, Estradiol = 78. I feel great, libido is through the roof, mood is good, energy is high. No sides except for some insomnia, but that is improving. Any thoughts or comments are welcome. Thanks

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Some will say that estro is too high but I think that’s all looking perfect bro. As long as you don’t have any gyno sides then personally I’d keep it there.

Maranathagolfer

Awards
Some will say that estro is too high but I think that’s all looking perfect bro. As long as you don’t have any gyno sides then personally I’d keep it there.
Right on, thanks for the input.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pro longed high e2 can lead to gyno. It would be slow breast tissue growth over months. I would personally buy a mild over the counter anti aromotase. Virtus, inhibit e, or letrone. Virtus is strongest by far

Maranathagolfer

Awards
Pro longed high e2 can lead to gyno. It would be slow breast tissue growth over months. I would personally buy a mild over the counter anti aromotase. Virtus, inhibit e, or letrone. Virtus is strongest by far
Thanks for the help.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why buy otc anti E if he can get it from his dr.?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
many underestimate virtus just because it is otc....virtus is potent stuff.

for a milder AI i would suggest sustain alpha, not only do you get AI affect, but great libido boosting as a bonus.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Old jinsun. The guy who felt "shut down" after 2 weeks of 1dhea 4dhea, yet has taken every androgen under the sun. Because otc are milder and don't lower e2 as much
lol what?

bro I wasn't attacking you, but what does me being shut down by 1, 4 and epi has to do with anything? And I wasn't just feeling it, I did bloods and Was shutdown. Anyway, whatever.

Off course otc are milder, but he has to pay for that and has no idea what's actually in it. Are you actually comparing pharmacy gear with some unregulated otc sup? And you do realize you can cut Ai pills and thus dose them accordingly to your needs? If you want to rebute my comment, which you mistakenly took as an attack, then at least do it with more candor and intelligence.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
lol what?

bro I wasn't attacking you, but what does me being shut down by 1, 4 and epi has to do with anything? And I wasn't just feeling it, I did bloods and Was shutdown. Anyway, whatever.

Off course otc are milder, but he has to pay for that and has no idea what's actually in it. Are you actually comparing pharmacy gear with some unregulated otc sup? And you do realize you can cut Ai pills and thus dose them accordingly to your needs? If you want to rebute my comment, which you mistakenly took as an attack, then at least do it with more candor and intelligence.
Thanks for educating me jinsun. Did the several anabolic androgenic compounds you say you have taken shut you down less or more than dhea?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey guys, just got my 12 week lab results and wanted some opinions. I haven't talked with my Dr. yet, but wanted some thoughts on the results from knowledgeable guys. 53 y/o male, 140mg Test Cyp. a week. Pre trt total test was 198. 12 week results are, total T = 857, free T = 213, Estradiol = 78. I feel great, libido is through the roof, mood is good, energy is high. No sides except for some insomnia, but that is improving. Any thoughts or comments are welcome. Thanks
Is that estradiol using the sensitive test?

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
lol what?

Don't know what's in it? hahaha. Yeah I compared them otc is milder. I don't think ai's are referred to as gear. Not attacking you. Your posting history eludes to that of a pathological liar.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don't know what's in it? hahaha. Yeah I compared them otc is milder. I don't think ai's are referred to as gear. Not attacking you. Your posting history eludes to that of a pathological liar.
What's your problem?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your e2 is high, that's for sure. Especially considering your free T is in range. What is your pinning schedule and how long after your pin did you do bloods?

Maranathagolfer

Awards
Your e2 is high, that's for sure. Especially considering your free T is in range. What is your pinning schedule and how long after your pin did you do bloods?
EOD pinning schedule, did blood work the day of my pinning, before I poked. So it had been 2 days since my last poke.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
agreed the ratio to free t is slightly high but lots of the emerging studies now suggest that anything up to around 80 for estro on men can be beneficial (especially from a muscle building standpoint)......

I wouldn’t personally want to see mine any higher but with total t at a good level and feeling great I’d personally let it run there (maybe very low dose asin at like 6.25 a week or something just to curb it at that level)

what you thinking he shoot to bring it down to?

OP - just for the record I also wouldn’t go OTC for it if you do (or you doctor) decides to bring it down. I’d be using pharma and dialling in a very precise dose

Maranathagolfer

Awards
agreed the ratio to free t is slightly high but lots of the emerging studies now suggest that anything up to around 80 for estro on men can be beneficial (especially from a muscle building standpoint)......

I wouldn’t personally want to see mine any higher but with total t at a good level and feeling great I’d personally let it run there (maybe very low dose asin at like 6.25 a week or something just to curb it at that level)

OP - just for the record I also wouldn’t go OTC for it if you do (or you doctor) decides to bring it down. I’d be using pharma and dialling in a very precise dose
Gotcha, thanks for the advice.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
EOD pinning schedule, did blood work the day of my pinning, before I poked. So it had been 2 days since my last poke.
EOD, nice. 48h after pin ... this means your T is right at the upper range. But it looks like you have a lot of arometise unfortunately.

Me personally, I am not on trt but my T levels are naturally at around 800 - 900 mark but my estro is at 25 - 30 usually. I wouldnt feel good if it was at 80 heh, at least not with other androgens being at normal levels. My gyno flares up way before that. But you say you feel good, so ... I dont know what to say. Could insomnia be related to high e2? If what whisky says is true than it might be ok to leave it at 80. Idk ...

What's your bf% btw?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@Whisky isnt the high e2 discourse centered around high androgen environment ei. on cycle ...

Maranathagolfer

Awards
EOD, nice. 48h after pin ... this means your T is right at the upper range. But it looks like you have a lot of arometise unfortunately.

Me personally, I am not on trt but my T levels are naturally at around 800 - 900 mark but my estro is at 25 - 30 usually. I wouldnt feel good if it was at 80 heh, at least not with other androgens being at normal levels. My gyno flares up way before that. But you say you feel good, so ... I dont know what to say. Could insomnia be related to high e2? If what whisky says is true than it might be ok to leave it at 80. Idk ...

What's your bf% btw?
25%

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hm, mkey ... maybe if you dropped down to let's say 12 - 15, you could lower your e2 somewhat. I presume that you would also feel generally better at that bf%.

High e2 numbers when pinning test happen when you pin like only 1x a week. Pinning eod really helps with keeping e2 down but unfortunately thats not the case with you.

Anyway, shedding some pounds of bf cant hurt and it's also healthier beeing at 12 - 15 ...

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If it was me, I would bring it down to where I feel great; 20 - 30. But I cant speak for the op, that's his thing to figure out. I also never really delve into e2 studies, so your guess is probably better than mine.

I would be really surprised if his endo wont do anything about it though. It is 2 x over lab range.

Maranathagolfer

Awards
Hm, mkey ... maybe if you dropped down to let's say 12 - 15, you could lower your e2 somewhat. I presume that you would also feel generally better at that bf%.

High e2 numbers when pinning test happen when you pin like only 1x a week. Pinning eod really helps with keeping e2 down but unfortunately thats not the case with you.

Anyway, shedding some pounds of bf cant hurt and it's also healthier beeing at 12 - 15 ...
Yeah, I am in the process of getting down to 15-20% bf. That's my goal...

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's my understanding over 50 e2 is where you're going to almost certainly have side effects,gyno etc. At least pg/ml number you will. That's the bro science number that I've seen thrown around for 10 years

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That alone will definitely lower your estrogen circulating in the body. 25% is pretty high with all due respect. I'm 18% so I'm not lean either.

Maranathagolfer

Awards
That alone will definitely lower your estrogen circulating in the body. 25% is pretty high with all due respect. I'm 18% so I'm not lean either.
For sure. I'm finding at 53 y/o, it's not as easy to drop 20 lbs as it was at 30 y/o...lol

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For sure. I'm finding at 53 y/o, it's not as easy to drop 20 lbs as it was at 30 y/o...lol
Fasted cardio is superior for fat loss. If possible do 45 minutes upon waking and in a fasted state. Low intensity steady state cardio works fine. For example 3 mph walking. Lower blood sugar allows for you to burn through glucose and glycogen and begin burning fat quicker

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Whisky isnt the high e2 discourse centered around high androgen environment ei. on cycle ...
yeah for sure the T:E ratio is an important factor and typically on cycle estrodiol at 80 would sit well under the 10:1 ratio (over which would be abnormally high imo) but OP is also just within that ratio as is.

now we know body fat is at 25% theres an obvious solution in reducing that to address. Will be why aromatase is higher.

I guess my main point was that at that level it doesn’t need to be a panic reaction. I agree with your comment that his DR will bring it down most likely but I’d personally not use anything just yet, I’d lose Bf and monitor (taking into account the OP has no typical high estro sides)

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great. Dont stop at 20 though. Keep on pushing till at least 15 : ) Dont need or should do it in one cutting cycle though. Loosing 10% bf are at least two cycles with a recomp pause in between.

As far as fasted cardio goes, imo that works only in a high GH environment otherwise fasted cardio was never proven to do anything more to your nett weekly bf loss. So if ypu are willing to use peptides or gh then pin for example 300mg ipamorelin plus 150 mod grf before cardio and that should really help.

And if you dont want to cycle aas then at least use a gda like sns glycophase or predator ... at 25bf you insulin sensitivity probably isnt great.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your diet needs adjustment then. Unless you're also hypothyroid (common with hypogonadism) you can lose weight with any test level. It'll probably suck but it's doable.

Try Gironda's Maximum Definition diet for 6 weeks. A colleague and I both reset our metabolisms with it. He has documented low T and dropped over 20lbs in 4 months. He's also kinda nuts and never cheated in 4 months.

Last edited:

Maranathagolfer

Awards
Your diet need adjustment then. Unless you're also hypothyroid (common with hypogonadism) you can lose weight with any test level. It'll probably suck but it's doable.

Try Gironda's Maximum Definition diet for 6 weeks. A colleague and I both reset our metabolisms with it. He has documented low T and dropped over 20lbs in 4 months. He's also kinda nuts and never cheated in 4 months.
Thanks for the advice. I'll check it out. My diet defiantly is not where it should be. I started eating cleaner 12 weeks ago when I started trt, in order to lose the weight I needed to. I'm throwing in more cardio also.